Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:50:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING]  (Read 111072 times)
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:02:39 PM

I think you could have a chance with your FoxCoin as "fox" was very popular in 2013. Plus I like your coin's details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Laska_Forum

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:04:43 PM

9 hours to start? right?
freddy950

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:07:04 PM

Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.

Let me know how that works I first make 1 node on 1 server and can make much more of needed. only need the wallet online to node right?
never noded before so help will be appreciated.
Made small tutorial on how to set up node under the node bounty on OP.

TL;DR: Forward port 9929, run Wallet, sent me the address/Post the address/both

Please advise in plenty of time if you are going to premine more than first stated if you are i will not support or mine this coin. Of course it is your choice but you have to allow plenty of time for us to make choices thank you
Currently we aren't premining more then the pre-discussed amount.

oke easy peasy then Smiley.

I will wait for the wallet It`s release is 00:30 eu time midnight right?
I will put the nodes online on the release
wing_hk

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:08:29 PM

Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.

Let me know how that works I first make 1 node on 1 server and can make much more of needed. only need the wallet online to node right?
never noded before so help will be appreciated.
Made small tutorial on how to set up node under the node bounty on OP.

TL;DR: Forward port 9929, run Wallet, sent me the address/Post the address/both

Please advise in plenty of time if you are going to premine more than first stated if you are i will not support or mine this coin. Of course it is your choice but you have to allow plenty of time for us to make choices thank you

Sure I will post and pm you. Hope can get bounty.
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:20:43 PM

[/quote]

Ahh ok thanks i will mine

Do we have info available for solo mining? thanks
AnonyFox (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:52:29 PM

[/quote]
What info are you looking for? A miner is included in the wallet, but you can use your Cg/CUDA/minerd program aswell. I doubt unless you have a powerful rig solo mining will be profitable though, considering there will be 3 open pools at launch followed by 2 more (and counting). I'd suggest at least 1.5-2MH/s worth of hashing power to even consider solo mining. (I don't know how many people will actually be mining this though, so it could be more or less) Starting difficulty is standard. The RPC/P2P ports are listed in the OP.
incorrect

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:56:11 PM

A miner is included in the wallet

Is this a joke?
itsallpc

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

What info are you looking for? A miner is included in the wallet, but you can use your Cg/CUDA/minerd program aswell. I doubt unless you have a powerful rig solo mining will be profitable though, considering there will be 3 open pools at launch followed by 2 more (and counting). I'd suggest at least 1.5-2MH/s worth of hashing power to even consider solo mining. (I don't know how many people will actually be mining this though, so it could be more or less) Starting difficulty is standard. The RPC/P2P ports are listed in the OP.

[/quote]

Sorry i missed the rcp ports on the op should of put my glasses on lol
AnonyFox (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

Is this a joke?

Not at all, we're premining through the wallet right at this moment to test it. (As far as I know it only supports CPUMining)

Not a problem, probably should make them clearer now that I think about it.
incorrect

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:06:26 PM

Not at all, we're premining through the wallet right at this moment to test it. (As far as I know it only supports CPUMining)

I don't understand why you would mine with the wallet instead of a proper miner?
anthonyreid

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:11:12 PM

Is this a joke?

DEV, you need to post the conf file with the wallet before the launch. Mining inside the wallet is a thing that the majority of the miners will not do!!!
Silverwolf_Ru

Activity: 120

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:15:55 PM

Is this a joke?

DEV, you need to post the conf file with the wallet before the launch. Mining inside the wallet is a thing that the majority of the miners will not do!!!

You can make your own .conf file if you are to mine solo. The standard procedure, set an RPC port, limit the RPC connection, set a user/password combination (try and be creative please) - Et voila! You are ready to solo mine. If not, then you won't need a .conf file?

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
GurungBoi

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:27:15 PM

hmm which pool are u guys thinking?
Those with fees and other pools? or those pop up ones? hmmm

Silverwolf_Ru

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:35:01 PM

Is this a joke?

You can make your own .conf file if you are to mine solo. The standard procedure, set an RPC port, limit the RPC connection, set a user/password combination (try and be creative please) - Et voila! You are ready to solo mine! If not, then you won't need a .conf file?

add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:39:54 PM

hmm which pool are u guys thinking?
Those with fees and other pools? or those pop up ones? hmmm

Definitely http://fox.united-miners.com Tongue

On a side note:

The thing to remember with fees is - pools have to pay for servers etc, personally even without owning a pool, I'd be a bit suspicious of pools running on 0% fees - either bad/slow hardware (like a VPS or other shared hardware, or even an Atom-based dedicated server etc), or they are big enough to not need fees and get it from donations (wemineLTC for example).

Generally, a 0.5-2% fee is not much in relation to everything - if you look at your rejects/discards it will probably be higher than 1%, so to me it's never really an issue.

My opinion may come across as biased due to owning a pool, but that's how I mined before United-Miners was around, and my opinion hasn't changed Smiley
itsallpc

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:12:41 PM

dont forget to grab a banner and spread the news pools please use the banners if you want i made them if dev agrees thanks loz
anthonyreid

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:27:28 PM

Is this a joke?

You can make your own .conf file if you are to mine solo. The standard procedure, set an RPC port, limit the RPC connection, set a user/password combination (try and be creative please) - Et voila! You are ready to solo mine! If not, then you won't need a .conf file?

бyдь дoбp, нaпиши rpcport Smiley вce ocтaльнo я cмoгy нaпиcaть
Silverwolf_Ru

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:29:39 PM

Is this a joke?

бyдь дoбp, нaпиши rpcport Smiley вce ocтaльнo я cмoгy нaпиcaть

You can choose any RPC port you like! Can you PM me? I'd love to help you out, explain everything. Without spoiling this thread with Russian Wink

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:30:41 PM

Cute logo, has potential.

trollu666

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 04:03:15 PM

I got a question. I will try to mining in pool - fox.united-miners.com.

Could you tell me, how much I must change the foxcoin.conf file to do it? How the configuration file should look like? Could someone post a ready-to-go .conf for foxcoin? Is it better to use built-in miner or use cgminer instead? Sorry, but I'm new in mining. Smiley
Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: