Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY ARE THERE NO GOOD/SERIOUS COINS OUT THERE  (Read 1259 times)
heskey (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:47:54 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 01:17:20 PM by heskey

There are a few criteria that must be fulfilled:

1. No premine. Let people donate to the progression of the coin. Keep the donation address public, so that people can follow where their donated money go.

2. Make a clear plan for how the donations will be used, logos, giveaways, website, etc.

3. Make sure that there is no instamine, mining should be profitable, but not in a way that gives the early adopters a huge advantage. Try to keep a linear curve.

4. Make mining easy. There should just be a button to push, as simple as possible.

5. Prefarably a way to only allow solomining. What's the point with the pool hierarchies?

6. Huh

7. Am i just talking nonsense here, or why are there no such coins?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
innocentpixel

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:59:35 PM

1. Its been proven over and over....ppl do not donate. I am not against sensible premining (<2%)
3.early adopters should have advantages but not in the form of instamine. But reslly forget about the linear curve.
4. Its already that easy. In the wallet-qt with mine button
heskey (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:14:52 PM

1. Its been proven over and over....ppl do not donate. I am not against sensible premining (<2%)
3.early adopters should have advantages but not in the form of instamine. But reslly forget about the linear curve.
4. Its already that easy. In the wallet-qt with mine button
1. Ok, but 0.001 should be enough for a long-term coin. We're just talking about numbers here, which are infinitely divisible, so it should just be a matter of putting a temporary letter before the coin name, for example mBTC = 0.001BTC.
3. Why is that important? A serious coin have to start out small, ofc, there wont be as much hype about it, but at some point people must get tired of all these "buy an island", "go to the moon"-coins.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
MysticDOGE

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:20:08 PM

Klondike is a very serious coin with very active devs and strong core community. Go check it out. See link in my sig.

Join the klondike rush.

P.s. Discovery channel will launch series about klondike!

Its a winner

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE
gielbier

Activity: 914

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:28:05 PM

You forgot point 8. Innovation.

In that case almost every scrypt clones with edited parameters lacks innovation.

So I would say Skein and Blake.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 01:39:46 PM

Have you seen FRK?

Here is a pretty good article
www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/15/dark-horse-cryptocurrency-franko/

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
deamon

Activity: 168

yes!?

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:03:45 PM

4. Make mining easy. There should just be a button to push, as simple as possible.
5. Prefarably a way to only allow solomining. What's the point with the pool hierarchies?
6. Huh

+11

full agree!

Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:17:01 PM

There is still one good coin. Which is Bitcoin.  Smiley
KlondikeCoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:34:55 PM

1. No premine. Let people donate to the progression of the coin. Keep the donation address public, so that people can follow where their donated money go.   Criteria Met

2. Make a clear plan for how the donations will be used, logos, giveaways, website, etc. Criteria met

3. Make sure that there is no instamine, mining should be profitable, but not in a way that gives the early adopters a huge advantage. Try to keep a linear curve. Criteria kept as much as possible

4. Make mining easy. There should just be a button to push, as simple as possible. Its a fork of the latest litecoin code so is as easy as it gets really

5. Prefarably a way to only allow solomining. What's the point with the pool hierarchies      [Solo mining has/was profitable a lot longer than most coins, not allowing pools is pretty much a no go.]

6. Huh

7. Am i just talking nonsense here, or why are there no such coins?

You have pretty much described Klondike coin, we are also releasing a facebook tipping app which is a crypto first Smiley

Check us out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407705.0

We're very proud of out 0% pre mine, active community and lineup Cheesy
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:36:42 PM

doge is the most serious coin ive found, everyone else seems to be taking the p*ss.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:39:11 PM

i think ideal coin must be asic resistable and CPU only mineble, becouse sha256 and scrypt coins waste too much energy.

KingGoon

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:40:40 PM

See Frozen https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411291.0  Cool

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
cryptomining

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:41:54 PM

i think ideal coin must be asic resistable and CPU only mineble, becouse sha256 and scrypt coins waste too much energy.

cpu coins are for the bots
heskey (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:06:22 PM

Since there are no serious coins, I've come to the conclusion that doge-coin is probably the best alternative. At least that coin isn't pretending anything. So for now, my stake is held in doges.
Its also a perfect representation of mankind's stupidity.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:31:10 PM

franko has stood the test of time  Cheesy

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:35:02 PM

People don't donate. But I'm Datacoin team coordinator, and I have rather big amount of Datacoin, so I'm donating a lot to all development process (together with other people)
And I think that no one on this forum can say that Datacoin is not a serious coin Smiley

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
paddo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:06:38 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397679.0

Microcoin is the closest you can get today imho.
indigon

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:32:30 PM

What wallet allows you to mine with a button push? Is there an all in one miner, wallet?

BTC: 1PmcexFQGQ8ax51MfwmvAVLaQMLgd8A1jc 
LTC: LZqrgT7r6v1dXSNz2CcyacTcLx4BiB3Gqy 
USDe: GTQ83soyutN44KrLY8TfYbQGnMMiQF7emT
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:36:03 PM

How about NEM ? should satisfy all the fairness questions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 10:54:01 PM

There is still one good coin. Which is Bitcoin.  Smiley

Take Bitcoin, add faster transaction times, a better name, and an innovative 51% attack defense and you've got Goldcoin (GLD)!  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: