Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:53:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin really flying off the handle this morning  (Read 1727 times)
Andrew717 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:41:42 PM

As I am writing this, Dogecoin is up almost 70% today, about to break the $20m market cap with $2.2m trading hands.

Such Volume.  Much profit.
gnode

Activity: 492
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:56:15 PM

Yes this is good for all AltCoins. DOGE is the new leading indicator for the AltCoins. SO it looks like we will see a nice rally across the board for all the alts listed on cryptsy. Load up now on your favorite coin and enjoy the ride!!
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:01:31 PM

its a pump...you know what comes after a pump right?
MysticDOGE

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:10:23 PM

FUD alert

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE
KingGoon

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:11:51 PM

Wink

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:12:55 PM

Another pump then an infinite feedback loop of pumps?
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:15:03 PM

Wrong! the days of pump and dump are over. Look at the size of the buy and sell orders, very few peeps have the portfolio to pump something of this magnitude. Its going up for real and so are all the Alts! DOGE is the new leading indicator for the ALTS.

BTW I don't own any DOGE, also I hope you made out on the IFC rise over 500! Way back in september on cyrptsy chat I suggested you hold IFC and you would eventually profit.
hasar

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:17:41 PM

Such cute doge.

I AM A DNOTES FANS THE COIN ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:18:13 PM

Wrong! the days of pump and dump are over. Look at the size of the buy and sell orders, very few peeps have the portfolio to pump something of this magnitude. Its going up for real and so are all the Alts! DOGE is the new leading indicator for the ALTS.

BTW I don't own any DOGE, also I hope you made out on the IFC rise over 500! Way back in september on cyrptsy chat I suggested you hold IFC and you would eventually profit.

That's quite true. This weekend and the coming week will be grand.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:26:24 PM

Dogs have brains?
Andrew717 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

I only own a very small amount of dogecoins (about 250,000).  I bought them for .1 btc (about $78 at the time)  I figured I spend that much in lottery tickets in 2 weeks that at least I might have something to show for it later.  Hoping this lottery ticket pays off in a few years.  Smiley
wontonforevuh

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:44:46 PM

I only own a very small amount of dogecoins (about 250,000).  I bought them for .1 btc (about $78 at the time)  I figured I spend that much in lottery tickets in 2 weeks that at least I might have something to show for it later.  Hoping this lottery ticket pays off in a few years.  Smiley
wtf you spend $150 per month on lottery tickets...

Andrew717 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:22:34 PM

I was spending about $20 every drawing...2 drawings per week, so probably a bit more.  I haven't played lotto since Christmas though since I've been buying Crytpos.   Why?  Is $150 a lot of money to you?   Tongue
sitefive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:24:17 PM

I was spending about $20 every drawing...2 drawings per week, so probably a bit more.  I haven't played lotto since Christmas though since I've been buying Crytpos.   Why?  Is $150 a lot of money to you?   Tongue
How do I Neg rep you?

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:24:29 PM

It's so ridiculous I can't even comprehend, but Dogecoin is actually being used to do some seriously sized trading.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:24:50 PM

this is what I thought...some people play $100 a week in lotto and its chump change to them. I know millionaires who play the lotto because the money goes to help the province so in the end they don't mind.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:26:17 PM

It's so ridiculous I can't even comprehend, but Dogecoin is actually being used to do some seriously sized trading.

professional traders love doge because it can handle big size. its the only reason its getting pumped and dumped. no on wants to pump a coin that they can't sell at a profit, due to lack of liquidity.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:28:53 PM

professional traders love doge because it can handle big size. its the only reason its getting pumped and dumped. no on wants to pump a coin that they can't sell at a profit, due to lack of liquidity.

Is that a bad thing? I mean if the coin is being traded at high values, then people are mining it, and if it has a high value, then people are using it..this is how stocks work, right? Obviously enough people think Dogecoin has value. You can't really dismiss this sort of market volume.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:29:27 PM

Doge got a lot of people outside of crypto interested in crypto, since it was so widely distributed. And as they own Doge the first thing they buy is more Doge, naturally!
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:32:08 PM

Is that a bad thing? I mean if the coin is being traded at high values, then people are mining it, and if it has a high value, then people are using it..this is how stocks work, right? Obviously enough people think Dogecoin has value. You can't really dismiss this sort of market volume.

its a good thing because there is volume. but its a zero-sum game, for someone to win, some needs to lose. Miners who dump always win because they want btc. traders who pump win. the ones who lose are the one who buy high and sell low. remember that if a coin is at the top of coinchoose/coinwars, its going to hit with hashrate that only cares about mining and dumping. these prices won't hold, expect a pull back.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: