Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:15:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give your life for Bitcoin?  (Read 4417 times)
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

I might give a pint of blood for a BTC(s) - does that count ? Grin

ps. I would only be wanting to do it at the bottom of the market as well  Wink
Enkel

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:46:13 PM

I might give a pint of blood for a BTC(s) - does that count ? Grin

ps. I would only be wanting to do it at the bottom of the market as well  Wink

The newest BTC faucet?  Wonder if RedCross would consider this?
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:54:06 PM

I would give my life.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:06:20 AM

if it was like that scene in V for Vendetta, and i got to say "Bitcoin is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof!" before death, i might consider it.  Cheesy

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:14:16 AM

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:35:04 AM

In what situation wold you have to give your life for bitcoin? Its like asking would you give your life for the mighty dollar? I think it is a interesting question though. I would call it stupid but it got me to respond to a post. A dead person is useless.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
nexus6

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

In Cryptography I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:43:09 AM

My life is irrelevant, I can dump my consciousness into the blockchain and be immortal..

PS: LOL... NO!!  Roll Eyes

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:55:46 AM

I can sacrifice one of my virtual lifes for one type of virtual currency Grin

hashc

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:40:53 AM

if it comes down to the wire, between the governments killing bitcoin and you giving your life to save it, would you?
Not for bitcoin, but I'd fight for the freedom to use stuff like bitcoin.

Bitcoin is just the first great application of cryptography+P2P and it's hardly used yet. Decentralized money is just the first step to a decentralized goverment. Stuff like bitcoin will give us, the people, back the -cracy in democracy. (lat. dêmos=people;kratos=power).
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:50:24 AM

maybe Doge  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 10:01:24 AM

No. And if it bitcoin succeeds it will be a result of mainstream adaptation. Meaning not killed by government.

Worth noting that people had these same notions about the interwebs, that the gov would seize it because too dangerous for sheeple to know things. But sheeple keep being sheeple because it's what they are. Makes no difference. Bitcoin same. The sheeple will like it the banks/corps will pwn it and the gov will tax it. Exactly as they've done with the wild wild interwebs.

So it is a silly question but it gave me this...

I am going to auction a kidney for bitcoins. I have two and they are in good shape, and I am not afraid of a little surgery.

If you know any buyers, holla. I am blood type A+ if that helps.

I'll sign a waiver if need be. And even if your kidneys are good now we could contract out on a lease, or take it now and deep freeze it somewhere til you need it.

Thanks for the idea OP.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 06:28:11 PM

Read "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
tomatocoin

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:34:29 AM

Life is a priceless treasure.
Bitmonedo

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:59:13 AM

For all those who would give their life for bitcoin. Make sure you empty your wallets to this address 14rVvbjzmESDaG2fAaqdhvpfu3dofELcGP
Someone has to run <-- support the network and I'm here to do it.  Shocked
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:15:02 AM

For my country
You are lucky to live in a country wich is so good that you would do that for it  Cheesy

Or we are lucky because there's such a country in this world?

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:02:58 AM

No. But I would give up my country.

I would to if it was  a constitutional republic with liberty for all individuals but that country does not exist on this earth. So no I would not die for for a corrupt freedom hating tyrannical country.

Bit coin if it had a chance to give freedom maybe but there is no need if bitcion gets killed some way there are 1000 other even better protocalls to take over and we can make it better next time if need be so no need to die.

Lets try to use this chance to get the regulation loving people out of our lives once and for all. I would love to see a reversal of tyranny in the right direction before i depart this earth.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 05:11:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGbScr_4G0Y
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:17:14 AM

Good choice of music, bro.
hashc

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:20:29 AM

I would to if it was  a constitutional republic with liberty for all individuals but that country does not exist on this earth
I belive that bitcoin and the whole crypto+P2P innovations are nessasary, but not sufficient inventions for such utopia.

F.e. fiat money would be a great monetary system far better than bitcoin if some interrest groups hadn't been able to change the rules to their own egoistic benefits. Power has to be directly in the hands of the people (not given individuals like a gov) for not getting abused for a few individuals. Since recently no people weren't able to handle that power for themselves, but bitcoin is the first innovation that allows a group of people to have power without requireing a goverment.

There is no bitcoin goverment and those great people currently working at it are 100% replace- & removeable at no cost. That's how a gov has to be for that utopia.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 05:24:16 AM

I would to if it was  a constitutional republic with liberty for all individuals but that country does not exist on this earth
I belive that bitcoin and the whole crypto+P2P innovations are nessasary, but not sufficient inventions for such utopia.

F.e. fiat money would be a great monetary system far better than bitcoin if some interrest groups hadn't been able to change the rules to their own egoistic benefits. Power has to be directly in the hands of the people (not given individuals like a gov) for not getting abused for a few individuals. Since recently no people weren't able to handle that power for themselves, but bitcoin is the first innovation that allows a group of people to have power without requireing a goverment.

There is no bitcoin goverment and those great people currently working at it are 100% replace- & removeable at no cost. That's how a gov has to be for that utopia.

Look up the history of the US most of the early leaders where against any centralized banks and hundreds of competing currencies. They knew from early history how evil centralization is even in rome with no paper money. Even the population is evil if you let them vote they will vote the treasury in bankruptcy the solution was a republic to stop that which now we know failed.

Decentralization is the solution but it's going to be a long long road and I wont live long enough to see real freedom.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: