Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:16:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 0.55 BTC loan to start my own GPU rig  (Read 912 times)
mrugala (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:43:36 PM

Hello there, for a while I was considering setting up my own rig, but I had no time nor funds to do so. Now I have some spare time and 10th I received my salary. I bought some materials myself, but I still do need graphic cards.

What I do have
 - 2x Corsair 750W Gold+ PSU's
 - MSI Z77A-GD65, Z77
 - Kingston HyperX 2x2GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM XMP
 - PENTIUM G2020 2.9GHz/3MB LGA1155
 - risers, cpu connectors etc

I also did a kettle(yea Tongue) test to check if my apartament can sustain such power drain.

What I do not have and why I do want loan:

- 4x Sapphire Radeon TOXIC R9 280X , 3G GDDR5

I do have them reserved, the moment dealer gets munnies is the moment he sends them

There are 2 options I am willing to repay my debt:
- 30 days contract on my mining rig
- 0.595 BTC

I prefer to take loan here rather than in a bank, beacuse loan at my bank at such low value is 12%, and I think the more bitcoin transactions the better, but I will be forced to do so if I won't find anyone interested.

Cheers
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:49:06 PM

Hello there, for a while I was considering setting up my own rig, but I had no time nor funds to do so. Now I have some spare time and 10th I received my salary. I bought some materials myself, but I still do need graphic cards.

What I do have
 - MSI Z77A-GD65, Z77

I also did a kettle(yea Tongue) test to check if my apartament can sustain such power drain.

I do have them reserved, the moment dealer gets munnies is the moment he sends them

- 0.595 BTC

I prefer to take loan here rather than in a bank, beacuse loan at my bank at such low value is 12%, and I think the more bitcoin transactions the better, but I will be forced to do so if I won't find anyone interested.

Cheers
Mining is risky and doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to pay it back. I can give you this loan if you have adequate collateral to offer.
mrugala (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:25:32 PM

What I do have
 - MSI Z77A-GD65, Z77

- 0.595 BTC

Cheers
Mining is risky and doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to pay it back. I can give you this loan if you have adequate collateral to offer.

I know, that is why I offer whole 30 days, which may result in much more than 0.55. I am afraid I do not have anything other than this to offer, since I invested everything in it. Maybe other time then! Smiley
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:48:56 PM

Sell some of your stuff, car title loan, ask family or friends or as you said: take out a bank loan. You are basically asking someone to trust you, take all the risk and you keep all the rewards. Without collateral, the lender may as well buy and mine themselves.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
mrugala (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:40:33 PM

You are basically asking someone to trust you, take all the risk and you keep all the rewards. Without collateral, the lender may as well buy and mine themselves.

Well, You may have a point, but not all of that is entirely correct. Someone may not be able because of wall not able to pull such Watts, noise, temperature in his country, etc. And mining isn't as much risk to name it "all or nothing", even if this doesn't work out for me I will still keep only 2 GPU's for my future PC(I don't really need 4 for that), and will have 2 cards to cover the debt (which is more than 0.55 BTC as far as I am concerned)

GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:40:25 AM

I'm interested in helping you out here.  Tell me though, how do I know you won't run off with the money/rig without leaving me any form of action?
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:17:36 AM

Ill tell u what, if you're able to purchase 4 x sapphire toxics 280x for 0.55btc, how bout I pay via escrow 1.3btc for 8 of them, u ship me 4, keep 4 for yourself and keep the change in btc?
mrugala (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:19:39 PM

Ill tell u what, if you're able to purchase 4 x sapphire toxics 280x for 0.55btc, how bout I pay via escrow 1.3btc for 8 of them, u ship me 4, keep 4 for yourself and keep the change in btc?

No, no Smiley My actual funds + 0.55 would be sufficient for 4 of those. And I have to buy 4 minimum. You cannot get them that cheap.

@GBattaglia I send You a PM, but I guess You are no longer interested.
mrugala (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:48:23 AM

I'm running a group buy if You are still interested, link in description
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:56:47 AM

Your groupbuy says
About to start new mining rig, but greedy as f*ck in terms of hardware? I may have solution for You! Atm I have access to 27x SAPPHIRE R9 280X TOXIC OC 3GB DDR5 384-bit cards.

But In reality you just want to collect btc and buy all cards and sell them, but I doubt anyone is going to handover their bitcoins to a new user with no trade history.

You should try to get loan locally from someone and buy all cards then sell them here or try to get loan on btcjam or just take PAYPAL Loan to buy your 4 cards.

Ps: I'm wondering how will you convert btc to fiat and at what rate? Does your supplier accept BTC?
mrugala (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:46:03 AM

Your groupbuy says
About to start new mining rig, but greedy as f*ck in terms of hardware? I may have solution for You! Atm I have access to 27x SAPPHIRE R9 280X TOXIC OC 3GB DDR5 384-bit cards.

But In reality you just want to collect btc and buy all cards and sell them, but I doubt anyone is going to handover their bitcoins to a new user with no trade history.

You should try to get loan locally from someone and buy all cards then sell them here or try to get loan on btcjam or just take PAYPAL Loan to buy your 4 cards.

Ps: I'm wondering how will you convert btc to fiat and at what rate? Does your supplier accept BTC?

Every trusted seller had a start right? And I wont do such things as low loans etc to get trust, because I don't have time for such games. As I said in thread, and as You described in Your post I collect btc, convert and buy cards. Yes, I could get a loan using my car, etc to cover it all, but I would have to increase price by about ~13%-14% to cover %of the sum I would have to return to the bank which loans me. Plus I prefer to keep BTC running, doing things I can do with BTC with BTC instead of banks, this should be in our interest to do so to keep BTC going.
You doubt anyone will try to trade with me - well I did too, but those who will trade will be rewarded with GPU's for a really low price. I have received few PM's regarding this purchase, and I will have 1 guy buying 3 cards for sure. I started searching for cards like 2 weeks ago, and all this time searching this offer beats other hands down. Keep in mind that prices for electronics here in EU are about 15% higher than USA ones. This is what keeps my offer attractive to the community, and if You invested in BTC You know much about risk, and possible gains which are included with risk ; )

Moving onto Your question - my suplier currently does not accept BTC, I will convert them via bitcurex, either directly to dealers account(he would have to create one and he would ship righ after withdrawal process is initiated), or withdraw to mine and then his. I am secured, even if the BTC drops, unless it drops drastically - then I will return BTC to buyers, but tbh it shouldn't drop that much in a matter of 2 days. Hope this answers Your concerns
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: