Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still 170 KNC Neptunes left. Wasnt it sold out?  (Read 4091 times)
libitum (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 06:22:53 AM

"Wasn't KNC ~1.5W/Gh".
KNC was a 1W/Gh. With November Jupiters they made their asics to run in "turbo" mode to get 670 GH rather than the 550 (with the same chips), that messed the W/Gh ratio. The November Jupiters eats 850W for mining at 670GH.

"It is the most powerful, electrically efficient miner that will ever be produced".
It is the only 20nm. Next generation will come still in 2-3 years (14nm). Then for a long while the Neptunes will be state of the art.

I cant touch any of the 170 left because I have already bought the max I can run at home (3 Neptunes).

For the others interested in grabbing one before it sells out, feel free to check out my signature link below.

Reviews of Bitcoin Miners. $500 Rebate KNC Neptune Miner (http://www.libtium.com/?page_id=88/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:55:30 AM

It is the most powerful, electrically efficient miner that will ever be produced.
Source? Especially on the 'ever' part

Well, obviously the "will ever" bit is nonsense. There will be a more powerful, more efficient miner within the next 2 months for sure. its called progress Smiley

Have you heard about more powerful electrically efficient chips being produced? I sure havent...cant pull anymore power from a consumer standpoint

What's the wattage per GH on this "most powerful, electrically efficient miner that will ever be produced"?

Well its the 20NM chip...its the best. Its a 30% reduction per GH from the 28NM chips used in saturns and jupiters. I think if something else bigger was coming out, you would of heard about it by now...you cant go any bigger than 4TH on a consumer power supply...Not the way I see it at least

I know a chip coming out in April that is <0.2W per Gh ..... its hard to hear about every development in these field - not all companies need to shout their specs to the rafters in order to generate pre-orders to fund the development.
nezarkadhem

Activity: 94

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:03:10 PM

Few days ago, few hours after there were about 200 Neptunes left, KNCMiner put "Unavailable" in its 2nd Batch Neptunes, as it always does when a batch is sold out. However today they have updated it to 170 units left (maybe some big cancelation happened).
Anyway, in case someone was planning to purchase a Neptune, you still have about 3-5 days until those sell out... for real.

There was probably a huge cancelation, or a ramp up in production. Either way, I hope they focus on SHIPPING.

Awaiting the Neptune & Viper
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:12:29 PM

The real questions is:  Should I buy a Neptune for ~11.9 BTC and hope it ships by mid-may, or should I buy 6 Antminers  for 11.4 BTC and have 1.2 TH 6 days from now.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

look you wont make any btc with the network difficulty sky high

Look at my ballz dude..

Your the man!!  Cool
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:24:38 PM

There was probably a huge cancelation, or a ramp up in production. Either way, I hope they focus on SHIPPING.

Guy, they won't be shipping any time soon.   They should probably focus on finishing their ASIC design so that they can start having the chips manufactured in the first place.
libitum (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 10:36:29 PM

The real questions is:  Should I buy a Neptune for ~11.9 BTC and hope it ships by mid-may, or should I buy 6 Antminers  for 11.4 BTC and have 1.2 TH 6 days from now.

The problem with the Antminers is that those consume so much electricity that they might become obsolete before this year ends.
Once the difficulty increases so much that it is barely profitable to mine, the difficulty will stop increasing (people will stop buying ASICs, as they wont recover the investment within reasonable time). Then the miners with better W/GH will continue mining with small profits, however the Antminers and other old generation miners will be losing money and will be the first ones to become obsolete.

Reviews of Bitcoin Miners. $500 Rebate KNC Neptune Miner (http://www.libtium.com/?page_id=88/)
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:06:14 AM

The real questions is:  Should I buy a Neptune for ~11.9 BTC and hope it ships by mid-may, or should I buy 6 Antminers  for 11.4 BTC and have 1.2 TH 6 days from now.

The problem with the Antminers is that those consume so much electricity that they might become obsolete before this year ends.
Once the difficulty increases so much that it is barely profitable to mine, the difficulty will stop increasing (people will stop buying ASICs, as they wont recover the investment within reasonable time). Then the miners with better W/GH will continue mining with small profits, however the Antminers and other old generation miners will be losing money and will be the first ones to become obsolete.

Ahh yes, the old power argument.  I'd hazard a guess that there's a lot of people out there who will find that their Neptunes are operating at a loss before others of us do with our "old generation" hardware.  

That aside, the Antminers won't be the first to obsolescence.  It's the Gen 1 and 2 Avalon's and ASICMiner chips.

I think I'd still rather have 1.2TH today than gamble on receiving a Neptune anytime in the near future.  To each their own though.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:15:19 AM

By which point you'll have made a massive ROI. My Avalon would probably electrically inefficient by now if it hadn't been for the bitcoin price increase, but it more then paid for itself by that point.

And if the price goes up more, old miners will be useful again.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:19:47 AM

The real questions is:  Should I buy a Neptune for ~11.9 BTC and hope it ships by mid-may, or should I buy 6 Antminers  for 11.4 BTC and have 1.2 TH 6 days from now.

Ahh yes, the old power argument.  I'd hazard a guess that there's a lot of people out there who will find that their Neptunes are operating at a loss before others of us do with our "old generation" hardware.  

That aside, the Antminers won't be the first to obsolescence.  It's the Gen 1 and 2 Avalon's and ASICMiner chips.

I think I'd still rather have 1.2TH today than gamble on receiving a Neptune anytime in the near future.  To each their own though.

The Gen1 ASICMINER chips were obsolete several months ago.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:29:13 AM

I don't know, I don't think it's too late to offload 1st gen ASICs to idiots on eBay, they're still selling fairly well there. Might be the best time to do that and then you get to keep your Bitcoins and gain USD to reinvest.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:58:24 AM

Look at my ballz dude..

Your the man!!  Cool

Tongue
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:11:53 AM

I don't know, I don't think it's too late to offload 1st gen ASICs to idiots on eBay, they're still selling fairly well there. Might be the best time to do that and then you get to keep your Bitcoins and gain USD to reinvest.

True enough. We bash eBay but it keeps lots of miners afloat Smiley
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:02:12 AM

Look at my ballz dude...im first day shipping on the VIP orders, and I only paid 10 btc per neptune. I could get a refund right now and make money on the transaction. Its not just bitcoin, and its not going to be just bitcoin...take your hateraid bullshit somewhere else, cause you sound like a full retard.

No your the retard thinking you are going to get a roi, so much is going to be added to the network how do you expect 3TH to be enough ?

You must be right.  Not ONE person mining is making a profit...that's why the difficulty jumps 25%-35% every fking time...because millions of people can't wait to LOSE more money!

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:10:02 AM

I know a chip coming out in April that is <0.2W per Gh ..... its hard to hear about every development in these field - not all companies need to shout their specs to the rafters in order to generate pre-orders to fund the development.

willing to spill the beans?

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:29:10 PM

willing to spill the beans?

He doesnt know anything...i think he just talks a big game
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

True enough. We bash eBay but it keeps lots of miners afloat Smiley

A first batch pre-order Neptune just sold for 26k on ebay. I should be able to get at least 30k each for my 3 VIP orders. So thats a total of 90k on a 30k investment. That is what I call ROI!
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:32:26 PM

You see that dipshit?

A first batch pre-order Neptune just sold for 26k on ebay. I should be able to get at least 30k each for my 3 VIP orders. So thats a total of 90k on a 30k investment. That is what I call ROI!
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:55:18 PM

You see that dipshit?

How do you know it's not a scam bid?  Put your cock back in your pants there hotrod.
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:03:30 PM

You see that dipshit?

How do you know it's not a scam bid?  Put your cock back in your pants there hotrod.

Cause i talked to the seller, and it was a Buy Now. Usually scam bids are made during bidding.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: