Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN - NEW EXCHANGE] | www.CoinMarket.io | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 143399 times)
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:30:04 AM

The site is being operated by who knows?  If you all don't want him to turn the goddamn thing off and take all our coins, you need to quit threatening him and badgering him.  The site owner has specifically put up a warning sign - letting everyone know to use at your own risk.  WTF how much clearer can you get?  If you got hacked on your personal computer or the site got hacked, it doesn't matter, you were warned that it in is beta and use at your own risk.  These exchanges are not regulated and insured by FDIC or SIPC or any government agency.  Police report threat is laughable, personal hacking on an unregulated exchange in another country by an anonymous owner.  LOL the police are going to laugh at you.  We are ALL gambling by risking our money putting coins on anonymous unregulated exchanges.  The surest way to make someone take off with our money is to bother and threaten him to death, not making it worth his time and easier to just steal it.  The surest way to make sure the dev fixes all the problems is to work with him in a professional manner and let him see all the profits he can make by keeping a safe and healthy site.  If you don't have any reading comprehension and don't understand the word "beta" and "use at your own risk." Stay the frack off the site and don't go complaining and crying in public when things go wrong.  You put all our money at risk by doing that.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:34:52 AM

It would be cool by the dev team to put a maintenance page when they do that.. or a message in the forum. that would warn..

Yeah, i am a little scared, i have some BTC standing there ....  Shocked

Hope its maintenance and not something else.

He let us know earlier on the Klondike board that he would be away for like 10 hours and recommended not depositing Klondikes onto the site while he was gone.  I'm sure the dude has been working round the clock and needed to go on a date and get some sleep or something.  LOL He let us know in advance and also advised us not to deposit Klondikes into Coinmarket.  Don't worry, the guy is working overtime updating and fixing the site.  He is going to make a ton of money when things are fixed so I wouldn't worry about the site being down.
milkam

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:38:34 AM

The site is being operated by who knows?  If you all don't want him to turn the goddamn thing off and take all our coins, you need to quit threatening him and badgering him.  The site owner has specifically put up a warning sign - letting everyone know to use at your own risk.  WTF how much clearer can you get?  If you got hacked on your personal computer or the site got hacked, it doesn't matter, you were warned that it in is beta and use at your own risk.  These exchanges are not regulated and insured by FDIC or SIPC or any government agency.  Police report threat is laughable, personal hacking on an unregulated exchange in another country by an anonymous owner.  LOL the police are going to laugh at you.  We are ALL gambling by risking our money putting coins on anonymous unregulated exchanges.  The surest way to make someone take off with our money is to bother and threaten him to death, not making it worth his time and easier to just steal it.  The surest way to make sure the dev fixes all the problems is to work with him in a professional manner and let him see all the profits he can make by keeping a safe and healthy site.  If you don't have any reading comprehension and don't understand the word "beta" and "use at your own risk." Stay the frack off the site and don't go complaining and crying in public when things go wrong.  You put all our money at risk by doing that.

I understand perfectly and I did not see anyone threatening anything here.. I did say that it would be nice that a twitt or a post here of a temporary page that say it's down for something would be nicer than a page that doesn't answer without any info..
I want this exachange to stay and seeing it down like that make us afraid he's being ddos or anything more horrifying.

Xubu

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:46:17 AM

This doesn't make sense. We just ask for a tweet or a message on the site. Why such an aggressive post?

Actually, ain't it normal for being a little scary if a service goes down when you have money in there. I could go on a holiday or buy a ps4 or something like that.

I don't threaten anyone here.
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:49:30 AM

I understand perfectly and I did not see anyone threatening anything here.. I did say that it would be nice that a twitt or a post here of a temporary page that say it's down for something would be nicer than a page that doesn't answer without any info..
I want this exachange to stay and seeing it down like that make us afraid he's being ddos or anything more horrifying.

He did let us know earlier.  He is probably a one man show right now and will be that way until he makes more money....plus from what I can tell he is doing a fabulous job. He doesn't need to check in with us everytime he wants to sleep or go out.  LMAO The site is in "beta" so he doesn't need to inform us everytime it is down.  It should be expected by now.  He is making improvements to the site everyday.  It's been down multiple times as he has been testing and improving the software.  When it is in beta, he is not going to give us a warning and babysit us through every minute.  That's why he posted the sign, so he doesn't have to keep updating and answering a hundred of the same questions everyday. I much rather have him spend time fixing and updating the site then answering a hundred emails a day about the same problem he already posted on the front page. This is like the umpteenth time the site has been down and still we get people posting that same shit. Just get your money and coins off the site until it is out of beta because it will probably happen again and all the posting and emails to the dev about the site being down is doing nobody any good.
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:12:55 AM

Exchange will be back when the site admin will wake up. No need to panic. Exchange probably crashed for one reason or another. Nobody should keep a lot of coins on new untested beta exchanges. If hacker finds a hole in it, he will take all the coins.

Grajjy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:17:13 AM

Exchange will be back when the site admin will wake up. No need to panic. Exchange probably crashed for one reason or another. Nobody should keep a lot of coins on new untested beta exchanges. If hacker finds a hole in it, he will take all the coins.

Good to know.
I should have transferred my coins out... I guess I was just a little bit over trusting.
I would be more then happy and volunteer for his site.
chowmeow

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:48:02 AM

Everyone needs to rub one out occasionally.  Cut the guy some slack.

I concur though that if you're going to jump in and participate in a just-barely-beta exchange, you have to expect some growing pains and must shoulder a higher level of risk.  Given the amount of time it has been in existence it's pretty damn great.
coinmarket.io (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:13:47 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 08:08:29 AM by coinmarket.io

Exchange down due to unknown reasons.
We will be up as soon as a person wakes up in Norway.
Situations like this will be prevented in future.
chowmeow

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:18:17 AM

Exchange down due to unknown reasons, contacting hosting provider. Back and running soon.

Thanks for the update.

And the tweet!
noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:24:44 AM

I really like this exchange I dont think theyre scammers or something. Sites fundamentals are great. Looking forward when its up!

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:28:08 AM

Exchange down due to unknown reasons.
We will be up as soon as a person wakes up in Norway.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bassie

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:10:01 AM

Unfortunate that its down atm, but I do love this exchange, it's fast and clean...
hope it gets back up and running soon again ~

surphactone

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:11:27 AM

omg, I hope that the balance won't change  Lips sealed

<!>Help the guy with any amount of BTC : 1FbWe8Dq8cLx3UHF385EtCLyVz6UFXgs8k Thank yO !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FreePls

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:14:03 AM

to negative you mean..

hope it changes in a positive way  Grin

coinmarket.io (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:18:06 AM

Your balances should be safe. Most of them are distributed to several offline locations, by the way.
The main developer of the exchange is ready to fire it up as soon as he is able to SSH/connect to the server.

We estimate another 1-2 hours of downtime.
surphactone

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

to negative you mean..

hope it changes in a positive way  Grin

Lol  Grin

<!>Help the guy with any amount of BTC : 1FbWe8Dq8cLx3UHF385EtCLyVz6UFXgs8k Thank yO !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
savale

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:21:47 AM

Thanks for sharing with us. Good luck with fixing it. I hope it's still as fast as it was. Cheesy

Giggety

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:49:18 AM

Thank god these devs know what they are doing Smiley

Waiting paitiantly Smiley
coinmarket.io (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:07:53 AM

Thank god these devs know what they are doing Smiley

Waiting paitiantly Smiley

We are already overdosed on coffee and ready to dance on the keyboards as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: