Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:50:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread.  (Read 38672 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:10:18 AM

Wasps and Hives: Features and Facts

• Reconfigurable in operation
  • Able to programmatically adjust voltages and circuitry for newer, lower power modes of operation
  • A Hive can simultaneously host any mix of kinds of Wasp that it has sufficient power for
  • Wasps are self-identifying to the mining programs, and all share a common protocol with miner programs - there's only one type of driver ever needed for cgminer or bfgminer, no matter which kinds of Wasp are attached to the controlling PC.
  • Those protocols are written to be extended, when new requirements evolve, and all the Wasps' firmware loadouts can be updated in place, without powering them down and removing them from service.
  • So long as the PC-to-Wasp communications don't fail, Wasps can be diagnosed, identified,and re-configured without ever having to touch them.
  • As components age, and hashers develop more and more hardware based errors, remote management tools can take remedial actions to recover as much functionality as remains, again hands-off, even in the face of complete hasher-ASIC failures.
  • As more demands are placed upon the local micro-controller (or 'MCU'), Wasp design can be updated to supply more computational power, without discarding the existing firmware, software, or protocols.
  • Hives span the gamut between single boards powered by consumer ATX power supplies to crates of boards with redundant, load sharing server supplies. The same Wasps can be used by hobbyists and datacenters.
  • Wasp and Hive schematics are freely available; the Wasps can be used in a shared-mining configuration in payment of licensing fees, if desired. Hardware cloning is encouraged; license piracy is effectively discouraged.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:35:11 AM

Hmm, just to be clear, the original cgminer author supports only bitcoin mining. So if scrypt asics come out, either another coder takes over (like the sgminer fork) or bfgminer? Unless CK decides to come back and accept litecoin. I don't remember what the position of Luke-Jr is on scrypt / GPU, but his software currently supports it.

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:38:06 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 06:05:58 AM by Bicknellski

Hmm, just to be clear, the original cgminer author supports only bitcoin mining. So if scrypt asics come out, either another coder takes over (like the sgminer fork) or bfgminer? Unless CK decides to come back and accept litecoin. I don't remember what the position of Luke-Jr is on scrypt / GPU, but his software currently supports it.

We will worry about that when / if we reach that hurdle as we have more than enough talent inside the WPC to work out the scrypt ASIC firmware based off Gridseed's or other scrypt chip specifications if it is available. If it is not then we would have to see if there is any value in working with undocumented chips. We would use the same software unchanged. Too many if's right now and we are really focused only on the  the SHA256 Wasps now and into the February and March when the Minion chips are supposed to ship.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Gologuzan

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:50:57 AM

Hi,

only 4 things.

1. when will you start selling?
2. will you accept BTC as payment?
3. approximate assessment of price/prices?
4. how can i get in line in a couple of first spots?

Thx,
Gologuzan
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:38:13 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 06:20:08 AM by Bicknellski

Hi,

only 4 things.

1. when will you start selling?
2. will you accept BTC as payment?
3. approximate assessment of price/prices?
4. how can i get in line in a couple of first spots?

Thx,
Gologuzan

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422243.msg4601166#msg4601166 <-- Please read here.

--------------

1. We will start selling licenses after we release the gerbers, BOM, firmware and software. We are trying to make sure we have hardware, firmware and software working before releasing this to anyone. Note we are not going to be the primary point of sales for these Wasp Hives there will be others that will do that.

2. See number 1. We will accept BTC for licenses.

3. Anyone can price these units out as soon as the Bom / Gerbers drop. You can send the information to an SMT and get them to give you a production cost sans chips. We have multiple Wasps: A1 Wasp, BitFury Wasp and BitMain Wasp so prices that fabricators come up with will indeed vary.

4. No line. No Pre-ordering etc from us and we are hopeful that with a release of the gerbers and bom there will be no more lines or pre-orders. Here is hoping that production to consumer hands is truly a short time.

Keep your eyes open for our website launch and note we are currently in talks with a number of groups who are interested in our designs for both their own farms but also for sale to the community. We hope to have some good news this week but we all know what Robert Burns said in a poem to a wee mouse.

The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

-------------------

The best laid schemes of Mice and Men
oft go awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:06:28 PM

Sorry for bring out of the loop-
Chips have been sent off to Dick, he will have tomorrow.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:26:50 AM

Thanks for that Bobsag3. We have some in hand already and yours will definitely be used in the first run of prototype boards when your chips arrive this week in Seattle so that we can get a fully populated hive and then some. Hope to see you at the next meeting on Saturday.

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:33:10 AM

Def. cannot wait to see how this comes along.  I've been slammed last few weeks so I need to go back and sift through all of the other threads.  Might be next major jump for us down the road when licensing, etc. comes about.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:41:44 AM

Thanks for that Bobsag3. We have some in hand already and yours will definitely be used in the first run of prototype boards when your chips arrive this week in Seattle so that we can get a fully populated hive and then some. Hope to see you at the next meeting on Saturday.

I will actually be in BTC Miami Saturday.
Let Dick know he will get the chips tomorrow, along with some bitmain samples.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:15:37 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 09:44:34 AM by Bicknellski

I will actually be in BTC Miami Saturday.
Let Dick know he will get the chips tomorrow, along with some bitmain samples.

Okay will do.

Have a good one in Miami... say hey the Money Bags for me!

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:40:00 AM

Say hi to Josh while your there too !!!!  Grin Cheesy  Maybe give his behind a good slap  Cheesy  He'd like that  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:25:12 PM

Say hi to Josh while your there too !!!!  Grin Cheesy  Maybe give his behind a good slap  Cheesy  He'd like that  Cool

If it wouldnt get me kicked out...
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:00:22 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 06:23:40 AM by Bicknellski

Dateline Seattle: News from the EE.

Just received several small bags of re-work pulls, including many BitFury chips, though I'll need to get to the microscope to be certain. Also the shipment contained 32 pristine BitMain (AntMiner) chips. I will use the re-work for the initial bringup - since I made the boards to allow bypassing any that don't work, I should get one or two working units per board, at least. I'll probably only mount 1 per chain in 5 positions, and one full chain of four in the remaining position, since I have to hand mount each one. Wish me luck!

Thanks Bobsag3 the EE got them.

CAN YOU SMELL THE SOLDER?

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:59:57 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 05:32:27 PM by Bicknellski

Guys working hard on the WPC Pool. Testing should be done in the next week and we hope have a soft opening of the pool for our members before a full release after that.

driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:17:56 PM

Seems gridseed is already "out"?
http://mall.diginforce.com/goods.php?id=37
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:35:03 PM

Ya we are too buried right now to work that in the tight sked we got anyhow. If there were chips to prototype with in Feb that be possible. But that is a lot of ifs and there needs to be chip specs etc. Thanks for the link I will keep watching.

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:38:59 AM

North American
Bitcoin Conference
Miami Beach - January 25 & 26, 2014

If you are going to be in BTC Miami Beach this weekend you can follow one of our WPC members and the man behind our WPC Pool Joe!  Follow @JoesPool's journey to BTCMiami! Tweet us if you want to meet us!!

WASPJoe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:54:20 AM

Hey that's me! Cheesy

feel free to tweet me or come and find me.

I'd love to meet all of you (and hope i do).

I had 2 cancelled flights and delays on other flights... In fact i went from BWI BACK to Philly... I went almost all the way home to fly to florida!  Oh well, the TSA was AWESOME and went out of their way to get me to my flights on time. Thanks guys!

US Airways... Not really thrilled with them... The staff was nice but their policies suck. I won't be traveling with them unless they make it right. I missed the party tonight because of the cancelled flights! No comps, no upgrade, not even a free beer  Sad

my hotel hosts: awesome!

best quotes of the day came from a flight attendant

on take off:
"If you can text, your phone is not in airplane mode"

and on touchdown

"Well looks like everyone's got their cell phones out already, and if you don't you better join the crowd"

Developer CCoin ccoin.info / Proof-of-Pizza | Help me dig out of school debt 14VcK4aTHDcu9NEwrD4FhxfwVsFoKP5ic7
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:30:23 AM

Hey that's me! Cheesy

feel free to tweet me or come and find me.

I'd love to meet all of you (and hope i do).

I had 2 cancelled flights and delays on other flights... In fact i went from BWI BACK to Philly... I went almost all the way home to fly to florida!  Oh well, the TSA was AWESOME and went out of their way to get me to my flights on time. Thanks guys!

US Airways... Not really thrilled with them... The staff was nice but their policies suck. I won't be traveling with them unless they make it right. I missed the party tonight because of the cancelled flights! No comps, no upgrade, not even a free beer  Sad

my hotel hosts: awesome!

best quotes of the day came from a flight attendant

on take off:
"If you can text, your phone is not in airplane mode"

and on touchdown

"Well looks like everyone's got their cell phones out already, and if you don't you better join the crowd"

Where yall stayin? We are at the marriot across the bay.. the party tonight was pretty nuts.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:16:50 AM

Rest you 2 big day tomorrow.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: