Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:35:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread.  (Read 38672 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:26:48 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 03:32:27 PM by Bicknellski

Joe's Pool ‏@JoesPool
good morning from Florida!! heading to #BTCMiami

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:20:37 PM

I am looking forward to talking with everyone in the meeting today. I hope to see as many people as possible turn up  Tongue

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:41:00 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 01:18:30 AM by Bicknellski

Update:

Wasp & Hive Prototype Update

The EE team has had what can only be said to be a horrible week with the CAD software and that has pushed things back yet again. Agggg! I feel for the EE putting in 16 hour days just to wrestle with persnickety software is not where we all want for him. In terms of the Hive we have significant airflow enhancements so that cooling will be greatly improved thanks to a "spinal column" looking design. The Hive will be ready before the Wasp and that is a good news for us moving foward. We had 2 potential customers at the meeting and questions about the A1 chip and the PCB were a key point. Our EE is recommending that anyone building for the A1 chip does go with a metal core board based on his years of experience it is required without a doubt. We will be clear to anyone fabricating our design that this is a non-negotiable point as the heat stress on the A1 pads with such tiny tiny contact points it will be a worry otherwise using only a standard FM4 PCB board as you really have to find as many ways to get the heat out as possible.

Licensing Fee Update

Our provisioning server with our firmware will be tested this week so that is progressing very well and will be ready when the Wasps and Hive come together. The WPC is currently discussing the pros & cons of the fee and trying hard to come up with a balance that allows for fabricators or end users to seamlessly get their licenses paid for and get mining without any interruptions. We will have the provisioning server up in time for fabricators and well before the first units are shipped to the community as we will use our own prototypes to test this fully.

Mining Pool Update

We will have to get our mining pool live tested this week to check stratum and cold wallets etc. We hope that we will have a working pool going soon. http://wpcpool.mine.nu/ you can check it out here to keep tabs on that progress.

Website Update

As we wait patiently for good news at the next EE meeting on February 1st the team setting up the website will continue to work on the text and graphics for the site. We are waiting on videos and real demos before we launch the site. We might put up a placeholder site soon so that people can check back that way rather than waiting for a weekly update from here.

Sales

Drop me an email or PM if you haven't already if you are looking at production of our designs. We have many members worldwide so if you need to speak with us in your first language we might have someone in the WPC that can parlez with you. I believe we have 10 to 15 languages available in our collective and we are represented across the entire planet.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:19:00 AM

Happy Lunar New Year.

We hope to fill this hóngbāo with gerbers and bom soon in the new year.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:20:40 AM

Gridseed chips! Smiley

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:29:18 AM

Gridseed chips! Smiley

Where can you buy them? Not seen anything anywhere. Someone else has to give us an hóngbāo with the following. Detailed chip specifications, chips and do that soon if you want to get in the design prototype line we have. Again A1, BitFury and Bitmain first then Minion and looking forward to Asicminer 40nm right after that. Gridseed is only possible if there are chips and specs otherwise no point.

BuildTheFuture

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:56:08 AM

Sounds like they just delayed Minion to after May 1st, and it doesn't sound competitive with what ASICMiner announced today. As a potential future collective member and/or customer, I'm much more interested in the ASICMiner offering.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:00:19 AM

Sounds like they just delayed Minion to after May 1st, and it doesn't sound competitive with what ASICMiner announced today. As a potential future collective member and/or customer, I'm much more interested in the ASICMiner offering.

We have about 4 or 5 members trying hard to contact FriedCat as soon as the announcement came down. Minion to May 1st not a problem I bet they come up with something that beats the ASICminer 40nm in speed and price but let us see. Where did you get that news about Minion? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294197.msg4832034#msg4832034 Found it.

We love watching this competition. Given our design the lower cost of the chip the better for everyone just need chips and specs and we are good to redesign the wasp to work in a very short turnaround. Exciting times.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:07:09 AM

Any idea of when we can expect your license release?Huh

Are any of your prototypes working?

Thanks Smiley
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Thanks Smiley

Look at the update just a few posts back gives you general idea where we are. Still waiting on an initial bring up board for the BitFury Wasp.

We will release licensing at the same time the gerbers, bom, software, firmware and hardware are working and we will know better on that come the meeting on Saturday.

A1/BitMain and BitFury Wasps release would come out nearly together if not together and we are hoping for better news this Saturday. We will post more on Sunday.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:54:30 PM

Thanks Smiley

Look at the update just a few posts back gives you general idea where we are. Still waiting on an initial bring up board for the BitFury Wasp.

We will release licensing at the same time the gerbers, bom, software, firmware and hardware are working and we will know better on that come the meeting on Saturday.

A1/BitMain and BitFury Wasps release would come out nearly together if not together and we are hoping for better news this Saturday. We will post more on Sunday.

Thanks!

I am already watching this thread so can't wait for more good news Smiley
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:05:26 PM

Thanks Smiley

Thanks!

I am already watching this thread so can't wait for more good news Smiley

LOL Cheesy Me too. I am not just a WPC member but I am a real fan of the project designers hell any engineers that do this sort of work really so many great ones in our community. The past few months of CAD design hell have really been painful to watch the EE go through and I am sure there are still some gremlins in the mix still to come but it be nice to have the next couple of meetings be all good news.

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:46:18 PM

Sounds like a very cool project....watching closely!  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:32:37 AM

I got a dual miner, and it seems gridseed also makes those 5 chip round things with heatsinks. You need someone to contact them directly I guess. I'd do it, but I don't speak or understand any Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, etc.)

I'd like to see those on Wasps and Hives.

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:34:34 AM

I got a dual miner, and it seems gridseed also makes those 5 chip round things with heatsinks. You need someone to contact them directly I guess. I'd do it, but I don't speak or understand any Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, etc.)

I'd like to see those on Wasps and Hives.

Need chips not miners. No point unless someone has a line on the chips. At this point you need a Chinese contact to do that. Who is making these chips? In what quantity? Can we buy them now? Etc etc etc... Given the price as well these miners will not likely be any better than a GPU. If you got CHIPS we have the design. But even then who can make our miners with Gridseed chips not for sale anywhere? Seems more like a dream than anything Dabs. Unless you can find a chip pipeline for the whole community we can't really even consider it. We may have our own Scrypt miner solution but as we posted before that is months away.

Again our focus looks to be sha256 and given the Minion delays we would like to make a change for the 40nm Asicminer chip.

February onwards

A1's
BitMain's
BitFury's

March onwards

Asicminer 40nm's

NicholasB54

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:50:11 PM

The future looks bright for miners - Wasps in the mine instead of canaries
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:59:16 AM

The future looks bright for miners - Wasps in the mine instead of canaries

Canaries are needed. They die when the oxygen is too low (and you notice they stop singing.) Wasps, they buzz all day not knowing that you are already on an orphan or fork, or ... ok. maybe that's the wrong analogy.

Anyway, I emailed gridseed, but not expecting a reply until next week. Hopefully someone gets us a line to chips.

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:59:10 AM

Well if you can find a reasonable and stable supply of chips let us know.

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:00:41 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 04:26:58 AM by Bicknellski

Groups:

All Active Projects

Next Meeting:

Saturday 8th February 2014

Teamspeak

Location Time:

Seattle, USA 1030 PDT Saturday
    London, UK 1830 GMT Saturday
    Central Europe 1930 CET Saturday
    Jakarta, ID 0130 WIB Sunday

Reporting On

All Projects Overview
    Wasp
    Hive
    Firmware & Software
    Website
    Mining Pool
    PR & Marketing
    License Fee
    Provisioning Server

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:23:34 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 05:23:26 AM by Bicknellski

Meeting Update:

Wasp

'The main take away from the last meeting is that the first boards dev-boards, will have a left column of 8 BitFury, middle column of 2 A1, and right column of 8 BitMain.' - Lead EE for the Wasp & Hive Project.

This will cut down on some of our development time to get to our prototype boards that will drop soon afterwards. Again video and pictures will be released when this board is actively working and testing. Note that all the components, including the ASIC chips are already in the EE's hands. This now is a matter of testing the dev-board design after it is populated and then moving on to separate prototype boards for A1 Wasp, BitFury Wasp and the BitMain Wasp.

More updates to come later on...

Hive
Firmware & Software
Website
Mining Pool
PR & Marketing
License Fee
Provisioning Server

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: