Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread.  (Read 38672 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:02:25 AM

Important notice to WPC members.

We have sent out an new project proposal that we need you to review. Please check your inbox.

We will be having a meeting to discuss and determine the path forward for this new project on March 31st 2014. I will send out a new email for specific time as soon as I have contacted the EE team heading this new project on Sunday.

The current A1, BitFury2 Wasps, Website, Mining Pool, Hive and firmware/software projects are still moving forward and we will have them ready while we add this new project within that stream of work. As such the WPC will definitely need to source some new members and we will be sending out invites to specific people in the community to push our new and current projects forward. It is also our intention to revisit, as we mentioned before, re-opening membership to the community on a limited basis. We will have a notice about that next week.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:17:13 AM

Monday Meeting for New Wasp Project:

We will have discussions on the new Wasp project offering for WPC members at the TS server. This time is subject to change so check in here or check your email inbox for possible time changes.

Agenda

Funding
    Timeline
    Logistics
    SWOT

I hope this Jakarta time, not having anything to do with KL chip, or missing Malaysian airlines jet Smiley

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:13:18 AM

No nothing negative whatsoever.

All positive moving forward opportunity type discussions.

Only thing that sucks is I have to be up at 3am to be at the meeting Tuesday morning.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:07:16 AM

Do you have a date of when you think the wasp will be available?

I will like to join the group! Wasp seems to be a nice group!

Let me know.  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:39:15 AM

Do you have a date of when you think the wasp will be available?

I will like to join the group! Wasp seems to be a nice group!

Let me know.  Grin

No date yet. As we are currently going through testing of the A1 Wasp. Electrically we are good so far. Firmware emulation code is ready. Once part of the EE team is back in Seattle burning the midnight oil on A1 testing we will have a better idea but we will release that information on our website once we are confident we have working boards that can be built. The hive is ready and is en route to the EE in Seattle. Once the A1 Wasp testing is completed boards will be shipped to the EE in the UK and the EE in California as well as some other sample boards to other members for testing. Once the 2 chip A1 Wasp is proven to work then a 6 chip version will be spun, tested and put into the Hive. The BitFury II Wasp is being worked on in conjunction with the A1 Wasp it is either in fabrication now or will be next week we are also now discussing a new project for the WPC as well that should be completed this summer.

Again our membership options will be discussed at our next meeting on Monday/Tuesday and we will be inviting members of the community that can help us specifically in marketing, hardware, software and firmware engineering as we want to expand our capabilities and spread the workload to more people. We will make an announcement about membership next week.

Bicknellski

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:55:28 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 06:26:33 AM by Bicknellski

Just got notice from Asicminer that we will be getting some of their sample chips. We are grateful that Friedcat contacted us with this great news and have forwarded the EE's mailing address. Hope to see some samples soon and we are also keen on helping the community build their own miners using the new Asicminer Chips. Let us hope there are plenty on offer in the coming months.

Note that we currently have in development the following range of Wasps and will likely be adding at least one new ASIC 28nm chip to this list soon pending negotiations.

A1 Wasp Proto-boards are now being tested.

Specifications:

Developed on 28nm HPP process from Global Foundries
    Custom IC package with power bars for low voltage, high current feeding
    Configurable in daisy chain mode for distributed work with up to 253 ASICs.
    Standard SPI interface
    Hashing power of 25 GH/s in nominal and up to 40 GH/s in Turbo mode
    Power usage of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode
    Supply voltage of 0.65V in low power, 0.765 V in nominal and 0.85 V in Turbo mode

BF2 Wasp Completed Design. Prototypes are now being fabricated.

Specifications:

55nm process
    Full-custom hand-routed design
    Experimental low-threshold-voltage transistors
    QFN 48 7mm x 7mm package
    864 rolled hash cores
    Improved performance and lower power consumption
    Hashrate up to 3.85GH/s
    Power consumption as low as 0.45J/GH

AM BE200 Wasp Just Added. Wasp design will start soon.

Specifications:

40nm TSMC process.
    Standard SPI interface.
    32 highly optimized hashing cores in single chip.
    The typical hash power is ~12GH/s in rated mode.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:33:14 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 05:21:14 AM by Bicknellski

After our latest meeting the WPC has added a new ASIC based Wasp to the design fold which we will keep under our hats for now. We are also working on a standalone variant board called the "Hornet" so you do not need to use the Hive. More details to follow. We have also discussed reopening membership and it looks like that will happen this month and we will open up a form for people to submit their interest in joining. Then we will set a payment gateway allowing a limited number of people to join the WPC. We will be contacting those who were interested in the Wasp for production soon to gauge interest in our new ASIC based Wasp or Hornet offerings.

Results from the meeting:

WPC to buy a large number of New ASIC chips and payment will be made before mid-April.
WPC to enlarge the Wasp & Hive share buy to include expanded production of these new chips arriving after production is complete.
WPC to receive a sample lot sufficient to fabricate variants of the Wasp / Hornet.
WPC to work out a new timeline for these Wasps / Hornets this week.
WPC to continue work on the A1, BF2 and AM BE200 Wasp per new timeline determined this week.
WPC to work in conjunction with a limited number of interested producers to share the production run.
WPC to contact those fabricators who showed interest previously regarding the new chips production run.
WPC to add more members this month and continue to source EEs in firmware, software and hardware beyond the open membership drive.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:57:23 AM

New chips moving towards the EE in Seattle

Code:
Thursday, April 03, 2014	
Location                                                                                          Time
Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:53

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:16:33 AM

Code:
Thursday, April 03, 2014	
Location                                                                                          Time

AM BE200 sample chips?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:28:54 AM

Oooh. I want a 10 TH miner. Hope I can afford it though.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:44:20 AM

Code:
Thursday, April 03, 2014	

AM BE200 sample chips?

Those are not the chips of which I speak. Sly grin. Wink

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:46:10 AM

Oooh. I want a 10 TH miner. Hope I can afford it though.

Woah nelly... 10 TH? A small collection of hives maybe and that will need some POWER. Do you have the POWER? Cheesy

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:55:03 AM

I can get the power. I just need the miners. Of course, they better be power efficient, my power is 0.35 USD per KWH here. It's gonna suck if I pay more for electric than the bitcoins it mines, nevermind the ROI.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:57:38 AM

I can get the power. I just need the miners. Of course, they better be power efficient, my power is 0.35 USD per KWH here. It's gonna suck if I pay more for electric than the bitcoins it mines, nevermind the ROI.

Pig farms nearby? Go METHANE!

http://www.alternative-energy-news.info/press/sudbury-utilities-ontario-methane-powered-electricity-plant/
http://www.biogasassociation.ca/bioExp/index.php/projects

Code:
Carl Frook operates a cattle feeding operation which consists of 1,800 head. 
The farm is also associated with Marl Creek Renewables, which includes a 4,200 m3
anaerobic digester designed by BioEN Power. Manure, milk, fats, oils and grease are
fed into the anaerobic digester, which supplies fuel for the operation’s two 250 kW
combined heat and power units. Electricity is sold to the electrical grid and heat
recovered to assist in the anaerobic digestion process. The digestate produced
is used as fertilizer for associated farmland.

necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:14:35 AM

Putting away the miners helmet and strappin' on the coveralls. Sign me up.

Give! What's in the Cincinnati goodie bag?  Grin
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

Putting away the miners helmet and strappin' on the coveralls. Sign me up.

Give! What's in the Cincinnati goodie bag?  Grin

Chips.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:52:02 PM

They are getting closer: Arrived at Sort Facility SEATTLE - USA.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:22:34 PM

Can they already see the Space Needle? When are you going to reveal the secret? Smiley I'm all shaky!

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

Can they already see the Space Needle? When are you going to reveal the secret? Smiley I'm all shaky!

What secret?

Not sure when I will be given the green light to reveal all.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:26:46 PM

What secret?

What kind of chips we're talking about... salted ones, spicy ones, vinegar flavoured...

Not sure when I will be given the green light to reveal all.

*takesADeepBreath* I'll do my best and wait!  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: