Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:03:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I learn more about computers?  (Read 948 times)
Lovethecoins (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:04:09 AM

I know most of you probably laughed when you seen this!!!

I used to be huge into computers now I feel like I barely know anything anymore... Time too restart!!!

I can't take courses as I work full-time too provide for a family!

Would love any help here Smiley

I'm into web design.. Marketing help... Maybe online courses you have taken?

thanks!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:35:32 AM

I used to be huge into computers now I feel like I barely know anything anymore... Time too restart!!!

thanks!!!

watch youtube tutorials on whatever kind of coding you want to learn. i dont think classes really help anyone in this area. all the information is there for you. a teacher can only talk you through it where a forum on the subject can do the same.

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:58:39 AM

If you used to be "huge" into computers, you will probably pick it up again very fast.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:00:11 PM

thanks!!!

watch youtube tutorials on whatever kind of coding you want to learn. i dont think classes really help anyone in this area. all the information is there for you. a teacher can only talk you through it where a forum on the subject can do the same.

Actually, this IS an excellent suggestion. Doesn't take up too much time, and sometimes it'll be pretty entertaining. Simply click and watch any title that tickles your fancy that's commuter related, whereupon you'll stumble upon one aspect of said realm that you won't seem to get enough of, seeking out all related subject matter, like the time you first discovered Bitcoin.

Case in point, albeit not via videos, a few short years ago I would have been hard-pressed to construct long sentences that seem to flow effortlessly but, thanks to Google, I'm able to, along with discontinuing the use of dangling participles and rarely ending a sentence with a preposition since (unless it's in italics).

~TMIBTCITW
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:38:41 PM

@OP

Your family comes first, in which case you pretty much missed the boat in terms of keeping up with R&D.

Suggestion:  Buy small amount of btc and time-lock the private key in Trust for 10 years for your family. Now go spend time with your wife/GF or lose her to that Alpha male just itching for a chance to smell her panties.

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:53:16 PM

I've heard good things of Udacity for people who want to learn more about computer science and software development. You could take a look at that.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
wolfeen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

I have to say that though this may seem super-easy to you and me, to many people who have just started learning computers, at least some of this would be new information. I've tutored people at senior centers and community centers and believe it or not, some people had to start with learning how to use a mouse properly. They had to be taught the difference between a click and a right click, and even how to use the window buttons.
Lovethecoins (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:29:33 PM

Thanks everyone!!! I don't think I can be apart mining by any means but I was thinking just the general maybe someone else just got started!... I have so many website ideas its ridiculous!!! I financially cannot enter the bitcoin world but maybe an idea or two of mine my spark something...

Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:40:20 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 09:00:03 PM by Chris180Z

Honestly, apart from the college and university courses I took, I originally learned almost everything I know from Overclock.net. I loved it so much there and I used to help manage the forums, and had a blast. It has great members, great staff and lots of handy guides and information. Check it out Smiley.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:45:50 PM

practice..

use google and watch tutorials on youtube, all you need is motivation
googling will give you everything else Smiley

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:04:31 AM

maybe you should find yourself a nerd to be friend, or the easiest way is to try using your computer for hours, but not playing though, messing with it Grin

grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:36:30 AM

You were able to post on this thread you know just as much as I do. Good luck with your journey.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:42:04 AM

Take a computer class, or spend a few weeks or months going over Youtube tutorials. You'd be amazed at how much you learn by just watching tons of Youtube videos, and you'll pick up skills that you'd have to do a lot of research or asking questions to get without even knowing it. IMO if you're looking for a set kind of skills or knowledge about computers, take a computer class. But if you're interested in learning a much larger variety of things, and you take the time to do it, Youtube is way better. And if you ever get stuck on something or something doesn't work you can just google it, way faster or easier than going to a class and having to ask the instructor and going over things you might already know.
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:23:47 AM

You were able to post on this thread you know just as much as I do. Good luck with your journey.
lol Grin Grin Same here Grin

E.exchanger

Activity: 714

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

If you are into web designing then join coding forums there are a lot !! also join geek forums or download a pdf and put it on your cell phone so where you get time you can just read !! 
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:25:04 PM

Be an active reader of reviews on computer parts and what gave me the most knowledge about computers was actually when i spent about 6 months searching for the most fitting parts for my computer upgrade, all by myself Smiley

postingthatsmypurpose

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:42:51 PM

Im sure you can catch up, since you were good before. Good luck Grin
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:00:18 PM

Youtube is your friend! Tongue

here's some relevant computer youtube channel for you to get them skills back Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips

faninasir

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:37:32 AM

thanks!!!
you wanna know something about computer just search for it on youtube and viola there you go your own personal tutor ,,
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:06:30 PM

Try looking at YouTube tutorials over various subjects or just try researching them and strictly teaching yourself.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██