Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling the Hottest Pepper in the world! Cheap!  (Read 9820 times)
NAGAjalokia (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 11:55:34 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2011, 10:53:01 PM by NAGAjalokia

Hellp Ladies and Gentlemen of the Bitcoin World.

The product I offer you today are Naga Jalokia (Ghost) peppers from India, I have been growing them organically since January and they have been bearing fruit for the last month. I was a bit more successful than i had anticapated and now i have 100's of these peppers and can only eat a fraction of one in a meal.

The Naga Jalokia measures over a million on the Scoville scale vs a typical orange habanero at 300,000 STU's so these are not to be taken lightely.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IR3u_1oMVbU/Tmip89sd_zI/AAAAAAAAAfI/1O12BtZm92E/s640/2011-08-20_11-58-39_591.jpg

DISCLAIMER -By receiveing and purchasing the Naga Jalokia pepper you agree that I cannot be held responsible for any possible consequences that may occur from unsafe handeling of this pepper. the capsicum oil in this pepper will remain on you hands after washing and may burn if exposed to your eyes, skin or other bodily organs. be careful this is just a touch less hot than pepper spray.

The burn from this pepper is unique in my experience, the intensity slowley builds up for about 5 minutes until a peak burn is felt. this sensation lasts for about 5 to 10 minutes before it begins its slowly fade away.

a peice of pepper skin approximatley 1cm x 1cm is almost unbearable on its own, if you put a 3rd of a pepper in a meal the burn is intense but manageable, a whole pepper in a meal makes it nearly unbearable.

I make a hot sauce using 7 peppers some vinegar and spices, and just a dab on some eggs is perfect.

well i think that covers just about everything, please ask any questions you may have. and the prices can be found below.

This was my last harvest before the snow fall, they are warming up inside at the moment getting ready for next season.
a lot of the peppers did not get a chance to mature so they are mostly green and light orange in color, and may be just a tad less extreme.

I have Dried Peppers
-2 BTC will get you 5 peppers
-3.75 BTC will get you 10 peppers

-2 BTC for 4oz of 7PEPPER sauce + 1.5 btc shipping
--add 2 dried peppers for .5 btc

Send me a PM!

for those that prefer to communicate encrypted, heres my PGP key

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=0hwj
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Don't get scared away by how hot I make these out to be, I am not extremely tolerant of hot foods and I still enjoy these!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:07:17 PM

If you ship to Australia, I'll grab one of the freebies as a sample, pending a further purchase if I survive Cheesy
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:32:13 PM

I want one sample if you ship to Europe. I'll pay 0.15 BTC (for shipment) after receiving and also review it.
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:56:08 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 07:03:46 AM by NAGAjalokia

-
ampirebus

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:58:38 PM

can i ask, did you get the seeds from india or just from a local hardware store ? Are they organic or did you use pesticide and GMO plants?

im interested in some dried ones. im not a chef but i enjoy cooking in my free time and just started learning about indian cuisine, am now a nahwab bhat addict

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:02:47 PM

Oh. My. God. Those look so good.  Shocked If you need someone else to vouch for you I live in the US and would love to get my hands on one of those peppers. Obviously I'll be back for more huge fan of flaming hot spices.
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:07:25 PM

no pesticide, no GMO's, Organic nutrients (i am not certified or anything) but they were grown inside for the winter and moved outside for the summer, grown in pots, no use for any kind of bug killing toxins in my area.

the soil i used was Pro-Mix, with supplemented bone and blood meal, and fed with Neptunes harvest fish and sea weed fertilizer

EDIT: forgot to mention, the authentic seeds are hard to come by, the most trusted vendor is the New Mexico State University @ http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/ which is where i obtained my seeds

BIT MORE: these peppers are HARD to grow, seeds germinate at 85 to 95 degrees F, and can take up to 2 monthes to crack the surface, These plants have been growing since January and only started to bear fruit in july, they then can take another month to mature (turn red).

I am no professional but I also enjoy cooking and using fresh and organic veggies. Cooking with these is a lot of fun and i could post up a hot sauce recipe for you guys that is both devastating and amazing!

@72289 yes no one has sent me an address yet so I still have 5 samples for freeeeeeeee! so long as you kindly review and vouch for me.

shoot me a PM!

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:13:06 PM

PM sent.

Not sure how 5 samples are still left. I guess a lot of people haven't had this in a dish. I have and I can vouch for the pepper itself. When used in smaller portions it can really bring life to about anything. I prefer to eat it in pasta dishes with chicken or use it as a sauce and mix it into your hamburgers before you throw them on the grill. Could also see the dry ones being dangerously good in a dry rub for ribs during this football season. Like the OP said though be careful. If you eat too much you'll regret within a couple minutes and then for the next couple days.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:26:06 PM

id like a sample if it still available..
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:35:56 PM

id like a sample if it still available..

Awesome you got it, all I need is a PM with an address 4 remaining!

In my area, most people I've shown them to have been to afraid to try them, I'd hate to have a bunch go bad, so I'm opening up more markets (bitcoin, biddingpond, ebay, blah-blah....)

Next season I'd like to join my local farmers market and grow a few more exotic and super hot strains. the Peter Pepper, trinidad scorpion, some hard-to-find ornamentals (the edible ones). If all goes according to plan, I'll have a DBA + necessary permits this winter and I'll get a .com up and running.

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:24:54 PM

Damn just got a message from NAGAjalokia letting me know that it was just sent out via USPS. That's a legit turnaround time for shipping on a free product. Lots of potential. Who would've thought you could use Bitcoins to buy peppers? Cheesy
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 03:28:15 PM

Am I in time for the free sample?

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:51:37 PM

you sure are! 3 samples remain, to all future posters, consider sending a PM along with the post in the thread so i can act quickly on it. I'll try to update this thread as often as i can.

edit:

Fun Fact

The active compound in Chilies that produces the burning sensation is Capsaicin.
Capsaicin is a natural aphrodisiac, great nasal decongestant, natural blood thinner, stimulates the metabolism AND releases endorphin.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 04:28:22 PM

I make a hot sauce using 7 peppers some vinegar and spices, and just a dab on some eggs is perfect.

Would it be possible for you to make me some of this hot sauce using 7 peppers, and ship it to me?

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:52:06 PM

What would you charge for a bunch of dried seeds? You could use the pepper and scoop out some for me.
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:54:33 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 07:04:39 AM by NAGAjalokia

Would it be possible for you to make me some of this hot sauce using 7 peppers, and ship it to me?

-Charlie

I have both Fresh peppers and Dried Peppers
-1 BTC will get you 5 peppers, fresh or dried
-2 BTC will get you 12 peppers

-1.25 BTC for 4oz of 7PEPPER sauce + .75 btc shipping
-1.75 BTC for 8oz of 7PEPPER sauce + .75 btc shipping
--add 1 dried peppers for .25 btc

-.75 BTC for 20 seeds

Send me a PM!

I have 2 varieties of pretty much the same stuff, the taste is slightly sweeter in the red sauce and has a slightly thicker consistency.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LXwADWwK-zU/Tmj7Q4Y1U7I/AAAAAAAAAfM/EddIz6n4uds/s640/2011-09-08_12-49-04_920.jpg

the ingredients are- vinegar, water, ghost peppers, mandarine orange, fresh oregano, fresh lemon thyme, a small peice of beet (for color and sugar) a dash of raw cane sugar, and a dash of xanthan gum (this stuff is awesome, such a little amount goes a long way to thicken-ing sauces)

it is vegan, gluten free and all the veggies and herbs are garden fresh, and organic.

sauce will come in a 'canning' jar that has been sterilized and pressure sealed. the high acid content SHOULD preserve this, BUT the rules for preserving are quite strict so i suggest refrigerating once you receive it.

All my friends love this stuff and ask about it everytime they come by, I am very eager to hear the opinion of the general public.

Thanks for your interest and 2 Samples remaining!
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:01:40 PM

What would you charge for a bunch of dried seeds? You could use the pepper and scoop out some for me.

I could do 20 seeds for .75 BTC if you would like. Though I can't guarantee germination rate, and I recommend reading up on them a bit if you haven't. They can take up to 2 monthes to germinate, using rockwool cubes inside of a humidity dome, on top of a heat mat set to 90 degrees F, I had a 100% germination rate after 3 weeks. so not impossible, just a bit trickier than your average veggie.

I can however guarantee that they have not been cross pollinated by any other pepper strain
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 06:11:31 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2011, 06:29:58 PM by Yankee

-Charlie

Absolutely, I could do.
4oz for 1.25 BTC
8oz for 1.75 BTC
12oz for 2.25 BTC

those prices include shipping as well.

I have 2 varieties of pretty much the same stuff, the taste is slightly sweeter in the red sauce and has a slightly thicker consistency.

the ingredients are- vinegar, water, ghost peppers, mandarine orange, fresh oregano, fresh lemon thyme, a small peice of beet (for color and sugar) a dash of raw cane sugar, and a dash of xanthan gum (this stuff is awesome, such a little amount goes a long way to thicken-ing sauces)

it is vegan, gluten free and all the veggies and herbs are garden fresh, and organic.

sauce will come in a 'canning' jar that has been sterilized and pressure sealed. the high acid content SHOULD preserve this, BUT the rules for preserving are quite strict so i suggest refrigerating once you receive it.

All my friends love this stuff and ask about it everytime they come by, I am very eager to hear the opinion of the general public.

Thanks for your interest and 2 Samples remaining!

PM'ing you now! Smiley

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:21:03 PM

This is cool!  Am I in line for a free sample?
NAGAjalokia (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:48:32 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 07:05:20 AM by NAGAjalokia

Check your PM 'the joint' and your in!

Unfortunately all Samples have been sent, and will be mailed today. you should recieve them on monday.

fortunately, I have about 100 peppers left and probably another dozen or so still maturing.

I have both Fresh peppers and Dried Peppers
-1 BTC will get you 5 peppers, fresh or dried
-2 BTC will get you 12 peppers

-1.25 BTC for 4oz of 7PEPPER sauce + .75 btc shipping
-1.75 BTC for 8oz of 7PEPPER sauce + .75 btc shipping

-.75 BTC for 20 seeds

Send me a PM!

I am looking forward to seeing a bit of feedback and some reviews once you guys receive your package, can't wait to see what y'all think!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: