Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better, staying long on BTC or USD in this Bear Market  (Read 457 times)
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:15:07 AM

Every person will have the different opinion about it, it depends on how their point of view.
IMHO, from myself, I will prefer to invest my money in BTC and other trusted and promising cryptos. This is the era of investment. So, if we can make it as a valuable thing, why not? I know that the risks are very high to invest our money in crypto, but we can also bet the high profits with certain smart strategies and luck. However, of course, we must also have savings in our bank for cash.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:18:31 AM

Staying in a usd is a good choice mate if you are playing safe with your funds. While staying in bitcoin helps as to hold and wait whether prices will go down or up. Just a matter of small gambling on it. As we seen that its volatile, we can say that we gonna gain some profit or opposite
trinhdao078

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:08:23 AM

If one knew when is the bear market starting, than it would be best to sell it before it start and buy again when is the lowest point. But because no one knew for sure, fr me is best to keep it in Bitcoin.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

I believe there are many great projects on the horizon not only ethereum, so I tried to gather as many coins as I can

d0flaming0

Activity: 402

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:41:04 PM

Every person will have the different opinion about it, it depends on how their point of view.
IMHO, from myself, I will prefer to invest my money in BTC and other trusted and promising cryptos. This is the era of investment. So, if we can make it as a valuable thing, why not? I know that the risks are very high to invest our money in crypto, but we can also bet the high profits with certain smart strategies and luck. However, of course, we must also have savings in our bank for cash.
yes that's the least action with could take and maybe it is one of the most reliable move to make. so in short, you should diversify your portfolio, it is easy to say but hard to do. let's just say divide your funds according to your needs and for investment, along with your savings and emergency funds.
sarfwr

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:42:48 PM

I think it's better to change it into BTC because most of the tokens are already at a very low price.
So you don't know when the bull market will come and it's a good time to convert to BTC.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Manchumichael

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:44:22 PM

Staying in a usd is a good choice mate if you are playing safe with your funds. While staying in bitcoin helps as to hold and wait whether prices will go down or up. Just a matter of small gambling on it. As we seen that its volatile, we can say that we gonna gain some profit or opposite
I think holding our money in BTC is profitable for a long time, Now already the price went to bottom i don't think this will go below $5k so if we hold our coins in BTC after few months defiantly we can make a good profit. Altcoins are not safe but BTC is safe.
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:46:24 PM

Its is better to stay long in bitcoin if you want to maximize profit. Still you must consider when to go in or out of bitcoin, always remember to only go in when the market is down and sell when the market is up.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:59:45 PM

If you want to go long then its definitely better to put your money in bitcoin but I prefer to hold usd so if I find a good trading opportunity then I can buy it right away. I also don't have the patience to hold coin for a long time as 3 to 5 months is the longest I can wait for some coin before I sell it and move onto the next one that I think has more potential.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:25:15 PM

In my opinion, it is more promising to buy effective altcoin, so that when they will make a profit - be on top!
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:21:21 PM

Actually I have sold all my bitcoins that I used to own in order to buy them again at the Deep level of price soon

kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 02:24:49 PM

I think that it is better to hold on to Bitcoins or Altcoins especially in this bearish season. Because, once it recovers from the dumps, you will gain a huge amount of USD. However, if you do not want to risk your money in investing to crypto, then better not. But for me personally, I would go with the Bitcoins instead of USD. Buy at lows and sell at highs. That's the ideal strategy.
asdn192zhhhh

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:48:43 AM

I always think that the bear market is actually the most suitable time for investment, because the bear market has come at a very low level for all cryptocurrency prices. It is right to choose to buy at the lowest price, and the advantage of the usdt coin is that its price is very stable. Such a coin is suitable for hedging and is not suitable for investment, so I suggest you can store some BTC or ETH.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:04:27 AM

Well if you are lucky to stay in USD before the bear market start then you are lucky because you can always buy more btc when it dips so well. But if the bearish caught you then you just have to stay strong and wait for a re-bounce.

gezhid008

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:08:01 AM

Each person's idea is different, some people think that holding BTC is better, but I think in a bear market when holding USDT is best, because the market downturn BTC when prices are falling, like today, so our hands with more money can buy at any time.
BinManR

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:12:09 AM

In this current bearish markets, some school of thoughts believe it is better to stay long on USDT in order to remain safe while others think it is better to stay long on BTC as one will always have more of USD once the market gains momentum in the bullish season.
Which is better?
As I think, you should choose both, but most should study bitcoin because in the long run, bitcoin is a form of higher interest rates than any coin in the market. Keeping both will bring versatility, many different stages. In investment, diversity and flexibility are very necessary.
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:32:20 AM

Each person's idea is different, some people think that holding BTC is better, but I think in a bear market when holding USDT is best, because the market downturn BTC when prices are falling, like today, so our hands with more money can buy at any time.
If you have ever witnessed. Only after a sleep and you have to spend 2-3k more to buy back bitcoin. I'm sure you would not think so. Moving and changing the trend of bitcoin is always faster and can happen at any time. You have the versatility that it is never a safe and effective method.
ngonco.giolua22

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:22:15 AM

I will go long on BTC during bear market, isn’t it the principal of trading to buy low and sell high? I will stock up my BTC before it get on the next bull run.
kere hore

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:24:58 AM

It is difficult to say but If I were the trader I will definitely keep holding then look for more money to buy more Bitcoin. This always works for me and it's fun to do! If the price falls again, you look for more money and buy more Bitcoin. If it falls again, you buy more.
Then if price begins to rise, you start  selling off the dips you bought bit by bit until you are left with the main holding which should be your long-term holding.

If i get you right, you mean you always introduce more fiat to buy more dips and sell off when it rises to cash out your fiat while the initial purchase which is the main holding will be the one to hold for long term???
It makes sense to some extent as it is possible one can re-coup the initial investment via that means.
stay long with Bitcoin I think is much better and profitable because Bitcoin is a coin that has the ability to continue to grow and have an increased price.
so it will be very profitable for the future. so I suggest choosing stay long with Bitcoin.

I prefer to stay long with bitcoin because with the long survival in bitcoin would be good and could be back to a stable and profitable price, and I do not like Bear market because it affects the crypto market and is still up and down

hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:28:08 AM

It is better to leave it in USD. In this case, it will be possible to buy even more coins on the fall, and at the same time not to lose money in the bear market

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: