Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:33:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better, staying long on BTC or USD in this Bear Market  (Read 457 times)
teeshe (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:01:43 PM

In this current bearish markets, some school of thoughts believe it is better to stay long on USDT in order to remain safe while others think it is better to stay long on BTC as one will always have more of USD once the market gains momentum in the bullish season.
Which is better?
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:23:20 PM

It is difficult to say but If I were the trader I will definitely keep holding then look for more money to buy more Bitcoin. This always works for me and it's fun to do! If the price falls again, you look for more money and buy more Bitcoin. If it falls again, you buy more.
Then if price begins to rise, you start  selling off the dips you bought bit by bit until you are left with the main holding which should be your long-term holding.
teeshe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

It is difficult to say but If I were the trader I will definitely keep holding then look for more money to buy more Bitcoin. This always works for me and it's fun to do! If the price falls again, you look for more money and buy more Bitcoin. If it falls again, you buy more.
Then if price begins to rise, you start  selling off the dips you bought bit by bit until you are left with the main holding which should be your long-term holding.

If i get you right, you mean you always introduce more fiat to buy more dips and sell off when it rises to cash out your fiat while the initial purchase which is the main holding will be the one to hold for long term???
It makes sense to some extent as it is possible one can re-coup the initial investment via that means.
Crytptomeniac

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:24:13 PM

Hold your bitcoins no matter how much the prices drop. The fact that we are in a bear market right now does not mean that there won't be another bull. It will just take a while which is why all investors are advised to be patient and if you know that you cannot be patient to wait for a long time then this market is not for you.
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:26:31 PM

In this current bearish markets, some school of thoughts believe it is better to stay long on USDT in order to remain safe while others think it is better to stay long on BTC as one will always have more of USD once the market gains momentum in the bullish season.
Which is better?
I think that now it's best to deal with marginal trades and to catch profits on the moves both up and down.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
teeshe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

Hold your bitcoins no matter how much the prices drop. The fact that we are in a bear market right now does not mean that there won't be another bull. It will just take a while which is why all investors are advised to be patient and if you know that you cannot be patient to wait for a long time then this market is not for you.

Which means either you ride with the market swings or get out if you cannot withstand the swings.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:21:35 PM

You're not seeing the big picture. Do some technical analysis on the monthly, weekly, or daily charts and you'll see we're lined up for a HUGE move going long. Long time period charts are very reliable and it seems as though we are seeing a very clear pattern reemerge. You can run and hide when you see red if you want, but the big boys are about to play.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:23:54 PM

It depends on your risk appetite. The two strategy seems fins strategy to me, it really depends on the trader. Some has stronger hands than others and willing to withstand the bear market just by holding.
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:25:35 PM

If one knew when is the bear market starting, than it would be best to sell it before it start and buy again when is the lowest point. But because no one knew for sure, fr me is best to keep it in Bitcoin.

AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:26:14 PM

Always stay long on the btc. When it drops, buy more. If it drops even more, buy even more. Don't be afraid of the swings, swings are there to jump more. It's basic physics, if it sways and swings more it will go faster. Faster, faster and even faster! Let's aim for the moon!
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1616

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:29:51 PM

There is also some philosophical element to these debates. Is it theoretically possible that Bitcoin can be reduced to less than 1000 USD with extreme pressure by the states and banks ? Yes;

however, such an eventuality would probably lead to such a chaotic and hostile state of affairs that World War 3 might even erupt from the awakening of the masses. So for all practical purposes, it's safe to bet long on the future of Crypto Currencies (in the alternative scenario fiat won't help you either anyways)...

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:33:22 PM

Which is better?
Stay in USDT if you have sold a lot of your portfolios at peak. you must try to consider about USDT can secure your profit and give you a chance to buy them all again at the bottom. The best thing is stay in the USDT at bearish trend and then buy bitcoin or convert all of your USDT to the bitcoin when it has reached the bottom.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 03:23:10 AM

It is better to choose in USDT when you are experiencing a bearish market in order to save some of your grown profit. When you hold btc, your value keeps on going down in bear market, and you dont have a choice than to hold your coin on it , if you dont prefer to transfer it to USDT. In USDT case, when the bearish price keeps going down, you should buy btc at that time in order to hold more btc's in a smaller price.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:35:24 AM

Which is better?

For me it's better to choose both.
USDT while holding your bitcoin, and if the price are down, buy bitcoin and if it's drop again buy more. As a trader I want to gain more profits and if will rising it's a huge profits.
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 03:44:23 AM

The Fed is starting to signal raising interest rates again, i.e. reducing the money supply. Therefore the USD will increase in value against the BTC. Once the rate hikes end, then would be the time to switch over. How the market and economy respond to the rate hikes/cuts is a factor as well.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
lisa_john

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:30:39 AM

By the development of technologies, the more people joining the cryptocurrency revolution, the more Bitcoin value will appreciate, which gave it retains its current dominance. However, I am sure that it will be the good for holding rather than keeping USD, especially, holding long term, thus, I bet it will bring you some decent return in the near future.
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 09:38:10 AM

I think that in Bear Market the best option is to stay long on USD. You will have a chance to rebuy BTC on the lower price when the market will turn its direction.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:02:02 AM

staying long inside USDT is never a good idea. you should always treat this altcoin with extreme caution.

as for bitcoin price and anything else, if you can't speculate the market it is awlays best to stay out which means going back to fiat or USD if you want and then jump back in whenever you felt like the bear market is over.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
teeshe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 10:58:26 PM

By the development of technologies, the more people joining the cryptocurrency revolution, the more Bitcoin value will appreciate, which gave it retains its current dominance. However, I am sure that it will be the good for holding rather than keeping USD, especially, holding long term, thus, I bet it will bring you some decent return in the near future.

I think having a separate portfolio for holding and another separate portfolio for day trading will be a good idea.
One can then decide to stay long on either BTC or USD with the day trading portfolio.
Memeicomel

Activity: 448

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:34:31 PM

If i get you right, you mean you always introduce more fiat to buy more dips and sell off when it rises to cash out your fiat while the initial purchase which is the main holding will be the one to hold for long term???
It makes sense to some extent as it is possible one can re-coup the initial investment via that means.
stay long with Bitcoin I think is much better and profitable because Bitcoin is a coin that has the ability to continue to grow and have an increased price.
so it will be very profitable for the future. so I suggest choosing stay long with Bitcoin.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: