Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please stop trolling (Alternate cryptocurrencies)  (Read 3886 times)
The Electric Monk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:11:23 PM

Free speech refers to the amendment stating that the government won't make laws restricting speech.

It has NOTHING to do with what and who is allowed on a message board.

This board could use some serious cleaning, IMO.

Free speech is a concept that exists outside of the US constitution + amendments.  But this board does need cleaning.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbxx (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:11:38 PM

we need also rest time for some users.
f.ex. 48h

becouse of:

- posting stupid images
- insulting
- submitting lies (on purpose)
- wasting others efforts, flooding with no content
- making fun of somebody
- bumping with no content

many users have qualfied already
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:13:15 PM

Free speech refers to the amendment stating that the government won't make laws restricting speech.

Free speech is a concept that exists outside of the US constitution + amendments. 

+1
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:15:48 PM

Lets make donation bounty for mature moderator.

I will start with 20 SC.

Lets make this bigger, plz.

Well, you putting in your two cents (literally) is a good start. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:16:44 PM

f.ex. 48h

becouse of:

- posting stupid images
- insulting
- making fun of somebody

sd

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:17:10 PM

f.ex. 48h

becouse of:

- posting stupid images
- insulting
- making fun of somebody

Ban the SolidCoin promoters and there would be little left to take the piss out of.

Maybe then we might hear some decent ideas for new cryptocurrencies or related tech.

And those pooping SolidCoin logos were very funny. Anyone objecting to them is wound up way to tight.

sd

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:18:01 PM

TEH CAKE IS A LIE!!
bbxx (OP)

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:19:26 PM

Lets make donation bounty for mature moderator.

I will start with 20 SC.

Lets make this bigger, plz.

Well, you putting in your two cents (literally) is a good start. Smiley

It is about 1$ now
you are lier or you dont know exchange rates ?
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:20:46 PM

And who is going to stop my fingers from typing?

Not me. This is just too much god damn fun. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:21:42 PM

It is up to the users not to engage or encourage shitstorms in the first place. If you are looking for nanny mods there are plenty of boards to choose from. The fact that moderation goes unnoticed just shows some maturity.

I don't like over moderation either but we can't talk about a client update or a logo design without wading though an ocean of insults and fluff.  It's at the point where trolls are preventing any actual cryptocurrency related discussion.  So we need someone to moderate.
sd

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:26:49 PM

I don't like over moderation either but we can't talk about a client update or a logo design without wading though an ocean of insults and fluff.  It's at the point where trolls are preventing any actual cryptocurrency related discussion.  So we need someone to moderate.

Taking the piss out of a project that is just a troll of BitCoin with many additional bugs is fair comment. SolidCoin supporters are trolling this board promoting their nonsense and they are getting trolled back harder.

SolidCoin, IXCoin, IOCoin have so far brought nothing new to cryptocurrencies. NameCoin is the only one that has so far been at all innovative.

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:27:54 PM

Free speech is a concept that exists outside of the US constitution + amendments.  But this board does need cleaning.

The concept exists, and doesn't apply here. It applies to laws being created. Message board moderation is not an infringement of free speech, and we seriously need more of it.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:31:31 PM

Good luck...

Determining what constitutes content of "worth" or "value" is entirely subjective.

I have an entire thread dedicated to banning the use of the word "troll" and in my opinion it is a thread that contains some of the most valuable content on this forum.

You may say it is worthless.  To that I would say, you're worthless.  And round and round we go.
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:31:50 PM

The concept exists, and doesn't apply here. It applies to laws being created. Message board moderation is not an infringement of free speech, and we seriously need more of it.

This is true.
Free speech has absolutely no legal application on forums, nor does a "concept" grant you rights.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
sd

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:31:54 PM

Yes. God forbid anyone should say what's on their mind.

Everyone should shut up, watch adverts on TV, and buy crap they don't even want. The slaves have no other purpose.

The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:33:27 PM

Taking the piss out of a project that is just a troll of BitCoin with many additional bugs is fair comment. SolidCoin supporters are trolling this board promoting their nonsense and they are getting trolled back harder.
SolidCoin, IXCoin, IOCoin have so far brought nothing new to cryptocurrencies. NameCoin is the only one that has so far been at all innovative.

You think people should stop posting about alt currencies in the alt currency section?
sd

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:35:28 PM

You think people should stop posting about alt currencies in the alt currency section?

Certainly not. I think people should go think of some then come here and talk about them.

There really wasn't anything alternative or innovative about the ones I listed, they were just minor tweaks to BitCoin.
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:42:55 PM

I think a post voting system would go down well here. That way it leaves it up to the community to moderate itself. Posts with a enough negative votes would automatically be hidden, in addition to replies quoting that post. That would take care of a lot of the mess I think.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:45:57 PM

The current reaction of the majority of the users is perfectly legitimate. All of the posts relating to so called alternates are in fact just about lazy rip-offs with no improvement.

There are plenty of mathematical problems out there which could be useful for a working system, not just sha256. If a author shows up with a sound concept I'm sure that it will be met with great enthusiasm but so far the only thing we've got is some lame-ass bullshiting by some faggot already on my shit-list.

But since it is cheaper to either copy bitcoin or engage in pseudo-intellectual discussion about some unscientific nonsense you get what you ask for.
The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:50:09 PM

Free speech is the freedom to speak without censorship.  That's all it is.  Sometimes it applies to laws, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm saying we need to balance people's ability to speak without sensorship with other people's ability to speak without being drowned out by punks.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: