Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please stop trolling (Alternate cryptocurrencies)  (Read 3882 times)
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 11:45:03 PM

I don't like over moderation either but we can't talk about a client update or a logo design without wading though an ocean of insults and fluff.  It's at the point where trolls are preventing any actual cryptocurrency related discussion.  So we need someone to moderate.

Taking the piss out of a project that is just a troll of BitCoin with many additional bugs is fair comment. SolidCoin supporters are trolling this board promoting their nonsense and they are getting trolled back harder.

SolidCoin, IXCoin, IOCoin have so far brought nothing new to cryptocurrencies. NameCoin is the only one that has so far been at all innovative.

Which is why nobody trolls namecoin.
But well, this is also because namecoin is not a big pump&dump scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:29:05 AM

The -only- guy getting routinely trolled is CH.

That's -only- because CH is incredibly obnoxious.  (beside the lieing and the failure to code part).

The -only- thing that will get me to stop is until SC either tanks completely or is managed properly.

Until then, I will continue to be as loud as I can about the (many) problems I see inorder to steer people away from something that -clearly- isn't supposed to be live.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:47:35 AM

It is up to the users not to engage or encourage shitstorms in the first place. If you are looking for nanny mods there are plenty of boards to choose from. The fact that moderation goes unnoticed just shows some maturity.

I don't like over moderation either but we can't talk about a client update or a logo design without wading though an ocean of insults and fluff.  It's at the point where trolls are preventing any actual cryptocurrency related discussion.  So we need someone to moderate.
Do you know why we aren't doing anything about those threads? Because we aren't interested in the discussion and thus, never read it. That being said, we still give people plenty of leeway when we do read the post.

Only one post has been reported on the entire forum in the last 24 hours, and that was for a post in Bitcoin discussion.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:11:28 AM

Bbxx, The Electric Monk, and jwzguy have never reported a post, so they have no right to complain about moderation.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:18:01 AM

People who complain about forum control over the Alternate cryptocurrencies should keep in mind that this is a bitcoin forum not a general cryptocurrency forum, to properly moderate such a thing isn't going to happen because moderators there will be, a solidcoin ixcoin i0coin or namecoin user and will be biased against the other currencies to propery moderate them would require each one to have it's own board and userbase.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:18:23 AM

Bbxx, The Electric Monk, and jwzguy have never reported a post, so they have no right to complain about moderation.
`

This is a concept users often fail to understand. I tell mine all the time: "If you have a complaint, report it, so I know what to look at." No mod or admin can be expected to read every thread on a forum. But still the users go "Why isn't this deleted yet?" instead of pressing the convenient button. I've never been able to get an explanation out of them why they just don't do this, either.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:21:27 AM

You asked for it, sir.
The Electric Monk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:29:10 AM

I was complaining about trolling, not moderation.  In my post I made the honest mistake of thinking there was no moderation in that forum, and I even asked for help finding some:

Who would we talk to if we wanted mods in the alt currencies forums?

The Electric Monk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:50:56 AM

The real problem is that it isn't specific posts that are overly offensive.  Some of them just wreck the conversation by posting more junk than discussion.  This is a good example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41019.0

I'm not sure at what point I would report that.  1 or 2 jokes, ok, but it's pages and pages, and most aren't even funny.  You have to look hard for real contributions.  That's why I said we could use a regular mod in that section.  I'd have to report every other post for trolling.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 03:32:09 AM

The real problem is that it isn't specific posts that are overly offensive.  Some of them just wreck the conversation by posting more junk than discussion.  This is a good example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41019.0

I'm not sure at what point I would report that.  1 or 2 jokes, ok, but it's pages and pages, and most aren't even funny.  You have to look hard for real contributions.
My god that's a mess. I don't even know what to do with that at this point.

When you want to report a derailed thread, report the post that it starts at and mention that the whole rest of the thread has issues.

That's why I said we could use a regular mod in that section.  I'd have to report every other post for trolling.
I agree. While I do check in there every few days when I feel like deleting something, things are really out of hand. However, it'll be hard to find someone that doesn't have a bias toward any particular alternatitive cryptocurrencies that regularly posts there. We can't just make the various *coin developers mods because that'd be a mess. It'll be even harder to find someone that also meets the standards for being a mod.

ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 03:33:44 AM

I reported a few, but i got no response.
Dont act like this Forum isnt Troll HQ - it is.
The Moderators are either lazy or part of the trolling Game.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 03:39:15 AM

We don't usually respond to reports. However, I just checked, and, all two reports you've sent in resulted in post deletion.

We're not lazy, we're just not interested in the topics on that forum. As a result, the only way we'll likely ever read something there is if you report it.

Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 03:52:29 AM

I think any bitcoin mod is libertarian.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40872.0

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:01:41 AM

God damn it... Gmail was putting most of the post reports in the spam folder again.

I apologize for anything I've missed.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: