Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Idea to invest my $41,000 dollars - Litecoins to convert in Bitcoins  (Read 7890 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:05:06 PM

Litecoin is dead, i would advice to stay away from it, as well as the other altcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

Litecoin is dead, i would advice to stay away from it, as well as the other altcoins.

I would go that far and called Litecoin dead.

There will always be supporters no matter how obscure it will become.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:58:00 PM

i would suggest LTC is a bigger risk - it's been on a downtrend as alot of new alts eat away at its market cap
but if you are right you your bigger risk would mean bigger returns
personally i sold all my LTC & i'd recommend BTC to you or even as much as people will disagree look at some other alts if you just want to flip for profit - its likely certain altcoins will increase by the amount you are looking for as an example my recent choice is Cinni Coin- it's got Encrypted Messaging,Invoicing and a chat box in the wallet and plenty of room for growth in the price

LTC has been going downtrend since it hit new high in December. With no new innovation and no usage, hard to see the coin have any value.

I think there is a lot to like about litecoin but as you point out there doesn't seem to be anything happening with it currently. Just six months ago a lot of people were saying it would surpass bit coin.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:33:24 PM

People are always scared of a downtrend, and then regret it when it returns  Grin consider some investment in LTC  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

i would suggest LTC is a bigger risk - it's been on a downtrend as alot of new alts eat away at its market cap
but if you are right you your bigger risk would mean bigger returns
personally i sold all my LTC & i'd recommend BTC to you or even as much as people will disagree look at some other alts if you just want to flip for profit - its likely certain altcoins will increase by the amount you are looking for as an example my recent choice is Cinni Coin- it's got Encrypted Messaging,Invoicing and a chat box in the wallet and plenty of room for growth in the price

LTC has been going downtrend since it hit new high in December. With no new innovation and no usage, hard to see the coin have any value.

I think there is a lot to like about litecoin but as you point out there doesn't seem to be anything happening with it currently. Just six months ago a lot of people were saying it would surpass bit coin.
I think that all alts (including LTC) will eventually flame out as they are all inferior to Bitcoin
gmx95

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:47:59 AM

Is Litecoin going to survive in the long term? This is the lowest price in the last 12 months I think.

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
AlexM

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:26:13 AM

On Jan 19th 2014 the date the thread was started

Litecoin = $24, it is now $7.9.
Dogecoin = 0.003925 CNY, it is now 0.001475 CNY - I couldn't find USD data.
Bitcoin = $827, it is now $639.

OP: I hope you either bought Doge but sold within a month, or got into Bitcoin slowly - ie buying a little every week. I wonder if anyone is still predicting that Litecoin and Dogecoin will have better long term prospects than Bitcoin?

Smiley 1KQdUW6gjbJrdWUuLfMvaLzceMVE2dniB9
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:40:13 AM

On Jan 19th 2014 the date the thread was started

Litecoin = $24, it is now $7.9.
Dogecoin = 0.003925 CNY, it is now 0.001475 CNY - I couldn't find USD data.
Bitcoin = $827, it is now $639.

OP: I hope you either bought Doge but sold within a month, or got into Bitcoin slowly - ie buying a little every week. I wonder if anyone is still predicting that Litecoin and Dogecoin will have better long term prospects than Bitcoin?

Only idiots

Fuck all shitcoins

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:25:48 PM

Is Litecoin going to survive in the long term? This is the lowest price in the last 12 months I think.

I would doubt it. It is accepted for payment at very few if any merchants, and can really only be traded for bitcoin (some exchanges may exchange it for fiat). Owning LTC is basically speculation that anyone will start to accept it for payment sometime in the future.
ABISprotocol

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:00:00 AM

Guys, I have $ 41.000 to invest in bitcoins and litecoins, I think it would be better to spend this money on litecoins... hold and wait (I have faith in bitcoins litecoins, this is what motivates me) to convert litecoins in bitcoins, when again LTC/BTC at 0.05 ratio, as has been months ago.

Is it a good idea?

opinions are welcome!

Thanks

1) Purchase or mine bitcoin and bytecoin.  On the second point the bytecoin I refer to is here: http://bytecoin.org/ and is labeled BCN on exchanges.

2) Donate to this initiative:  http://abis.io

3) Profit

ABISprotocol (Github/Gist)
http://abis.io
InwardContour

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:46:27 AM

I would doubt it. It is accepted for payment at very few if any merchants, and can really only be traded for bitcoin (some exchanges may exchange it for fiat). Owning LTC is basically speculation that anyone will start to accept it for payment sometime in the future.
Litecoin is likely a very bad investment for the above reasons.

IMO if you are going to speculate with large amounts of money on cryptos I would recommend bitcoin.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:44:54 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 04:10:14 AM by arbitrage001

Litecoin is likely a very bad investment for the above reasons.

IMO if you are going to speculate with large amounts of money on cryptos I would recommend bitcoin.

Litecoin still keep going down in value almost daily. I have not seen any big rally since January.

As for bitcoin, it may well be too late for late comers to gain any meaningful profit in the long term.
flagel8

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:26:05 AM

In terms of dollarized transaction volume, Dogecoin has become the number 2 crypto behind Bitcoin. Around $9M, while LTC is around $7M. It has gone up relative to BTC about 3X, iirc.

Personally I have never seen any reason to get into LTC. Is it even used anywhere? At least BTC CAN be used, although since most people only hoard it, that point is sort of moot. Dogecoin, otoh, is being used extensively, as a CURRENCY should be.

If, Dog forbid, Bitcoin should fail, due to 51% attacks, ASIC centralization, or disuse, and a Scrypt coin takes over, I fail to see why it would be LTC over the mighty Dogecoin. Which, btw, has been in existence for less than two months...

Sorry to get off topic, OP, but I believe in Bitcoin. And I believe in Dogecoin. But Litecoin, not so much.

Also, I know it is fashionable to say that timing is not important, as long as you think the trend is up, but Heck! Look at the charts! Best of luck to you.

Perhaps I was slightly wrongish in my Dogeish enthusiasm, but I still like its community. I wonder though, if it's enough. OP, I hope you didn't buy lots and lots of Litecoin OR Dogecoin in January. Or anyCoin, really. Right now, the AltCoins are sure looking shaky. I still like Dogecoin, though, and for some odd reason, I wish I had some Darkcoin. The decision is yours, as always. I sure don't have a clue.
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:40:43 PM

Perhaps I was slightly wrongish in my Dogeish enthusiasm, but I still like its community. I wonder though, if it's enough. OP, I hope you didn't buy lots and lots of Litecoin OR Dogecoin in January. Or anyCoin, really. Right now, the AltCoins are sure looking shaky. I still like Dogecoin, though, and for some odd reason, I wish I had some Darkcoin. The decision is yours, as always. I sure don't have a clue.

All alt coins, including darkcoin, dropped a lot in the last 2 weeks.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 12:53:22 PM

All other coins are a scam, stop wasting time and money
Hodl bitcoin

It's shocking to hear idiots think litecoin is diversification, if something happens to bitcoin, litecoin sure as hell will be gone first

transient858

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:22:36 PM

Hodl bitcoin

It's shocking to hear idiots think litecoin is diversification, if something happens to bitcoin, litecoin sure as hell will be gone first

Litecoin seems like a good diversification before the crash.

It did very well in 2012 and 2013.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:13:12 AM

Hodl bitcoin

I don't think that LTC will be the first alt coins to disappear, but I would certainly say that it is not a good investment. It does not give any real new value that bitcoin does not give.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:02:41 AM

Hodl bitcoin

I don't think that LTC will be the first alt coins to disappear, but I would certainly say that it is not a good investment. It does not give any real new value that bitcoin does not give.

Bitcoin has good infrastructure and network effect. Litecoin developers are sleeping on the wheel and are content with what they have.

I do not see any reason why any merchant would even want to accept litecoin for payment given it doesn't have enough infrastructure in place and offer nothing new than bitcoin.
InwardContour

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:09:11 AM

Hodl bitcoin

Bitcoin has good infrastructure and network effect. Litecoin developers are sleeping on the wheel and are content with what they have.

I do not see any reason why any merchant would even want to accept litecoin for payment given it doesn't have enough infrastructure in place and offer nothing new than bitcoin.
The LTC network is nowhere near as secure as the bitcoin network is. If you ignore the fact that four, 2.5 minute confirmations are less secure then one, 10 minute confirmation, the LTC network hashrate is much less then then the bitcoin hashrate, and much less has been invested in by the miners.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:02:08 AM

Litecoin is dead, face it, stop wasting your time and join Bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: