Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need your creativity for 2 minutes PLEASE  (Read 3444 times)
The Observer (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:30:51 AM

I've decided its time to give back.

I have lurked quietly in the shadows of bitcoin for quite some time now, and i have came to realize that its about time i give something back to the bitcoin community. I have decided to use half my bitcoin ( about 3,300 coins ) to form a self funded organization with the sole purpose of helping to spread information about bitcoin to the world through mass media, local "troops" or small groups, a website, blog, billboards, magazine ad's, TV. and whatever else 3,300 bitcoins will afford me.

I AM NOT, WILL NEVER, HAVE NO INTEREST, AND WILL REFUSE ANY SORT OF DONATIONS. I have seen what happens when someone mentions taking donations in bitcoin first hand so please do not even bother asking, that is not what this thread is for.

What i do need, is someone to help me find a name for it. Seeing as the bitcoin foundation is already taken, i dont know where to go. Although i am very creative in terms of Media, graphic design, website design, and animation. I have absolutely 0 creativity when it comes to picking a name. 2 days now and i have scribbled down a page and a half of garbage names. I need any and all help i can get in picking a name so i can file the papers to incorporate.

Things i would like to see in the name;

1: The word Bitcoin, in its whole, people who dont know what bitcoin for sure do not know what a BTC is. so something like ________ Bitcoin, or Bitcoin __________
2: something simple to remember, I.E. if i put a web address on billboards down every major highway, i want the url to be easy to remember until the driver gets home.
3: something formal sounding that implies it is a non profit bitcoin organization.
4: Something original, i want it to be unique, not a spin off of a name someone is already using.

I know that not a single one of you really has a reason to help me, but i also know that there are some amazingly creative people on this forum, so rather than make up a bunch of convincing garbage to try and plea for help, i am just going to ask as nicely as i can.........

Please if you can spare me just 2 minutes of your creative mind i would be forever truly grateful.
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:10:17 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 07:00:20 AM by 0nlyBTC

Out of the spirit of crypocurrency:

>>> Bitcoin CoAlliance (B.C.A)

>>> Bitcoin Crypto League (B.C.L)  

>>> Bitcoin Open Network (B.O.N)

>>> Bitcoin Open Alliance (B.O.A)

>>> Allied Bitcoin Network (A.B.N)

>>> The Bitcoin Society (T.B.S.)

>>> Bitcoin CommonWealth (B.C)

>>> Bitcoin Crypto Guild (B.C.G)

>>> Bitcoin Block Project (B.B.P)

>>> We Accept Bitcoin (W.A.B)

> Donations Welcome  Smiley  1CfviWMRh8RGBrAY6148C7ogSj922Rz1dZ
LiquidNitrogen

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:11:13 AM

Guerilla marketing is probably the most effective means, vinyl stickers at urinals on mirrors under drive thru windows under the drive thru speaker bumper stickers and the great thing about bitcoin is the stickers could actually have a qr code that links you to some free satoshis so people that never considered buying bitcoin just have to pull out there phone capture the qr code and they have some bitcoin
LiquidNitrogen

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:17:25 AM

as far as names go , United Sovereigns of Bitcoin, think of it like instead of USA USB like plan B
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:25:07 AM

Bitcoin Task Force (BTF)
merockstar

Activity: 203

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:32:21 AM

Spread Bitcoin

SpreadBitcoin.com easy to remember until you get home.

Just sounds like one of those non-profit orgs you see promoting certain agendas on tv.

Total advertisement fodder.
The Observer (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:40:35 AM

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOO MUCH, I cannot even think of words right now. i was so frustrated for 2 days trying to think of a name and could not even come close. this means the world to me, all very great ideas i really like where they are going.

Nitrogen i totally agree with you on the gorilla marketing idea, I have had lots of ideas on how to move forward, but lost myself in aggravation for 2 days not being able to name it. I would really like to find a hand full of great bitcoiners and marketing brains to help me best spend some of the bitcoin to get the maximum result. Maybe a small army of people armed with knowledge to start going door to door to local businesses in metro areas and talking with local business owners to get them to accept bitcoin. Info packets, maybe a intro DVD. maybe i can get coinbase to help put something together, it would be free marketing for them anyways. I just got to settle on the name. what you guys came up with in just 30 minutes is 1000% better than what i could in 2 days at this point.

Thank you all again so very much.
The Observer (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:47:19 AM

Spread Bitcoin

Just sounds like one of those non-profit orgs you see promoting certain agendas on tv.

Awwwww man........ that was golden, went to go scoop up the domain spreadbitcoin.org and wouldnt you know it, it was taken, and registered for 10 years. I totally thought that was it.
stbot

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:52:28 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 07:05:12 AM by stbot

Bitcoin Awareness Project - BAP

or I know it doesn't meet the use "Bitcoin" criteria but

BitAware
BitConscious

both are .org available
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:59:24 AM

This is so awesome! I'm not the creative one myself...

Bitcoins United
Bitcoin Social Campaign
Broadcast Bitcoin

darkmatter7

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:08:59 AM

Bitsy (Banksy style street art turned guerilla marketing for Bitcoin)
Bitcoin Boys Club (Clothing brand parody of Billionaire Boys Club)

Or you could have Buzz Aldrin as a mascot saying "To the moon!"

Buzz the Bitcoin Astronaut
luckchaser

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:32:09 AM

Buzz Aldrin?? He was the second man on the moon... Thats about as good as second winner of Superbowl Smiley
please leave his corpse for Litecoin.
chovy

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 07:47:36 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto Foundation.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/17/iamsatoshi-how-an-alliance-of-bitcoin-traders-could-catalyze-a-new-digital-civilization/
bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 08:13:01 AM

Should use some of that coin to get an AD on TV! I went to a school with a huge film department and know some very good producers that could make a really professional commercial.. I'm sure they would totally trade services for BTC as well Smiley

PM me if you want me to put you in touch or some examples of work...
merockstar

Activity: 203

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:34:07 AM

Spread Bitcoin

Awwwww man........ that was golden, went to go scoop up the domain spreadbitcoin.org and wouldnt you know it, it was taken, and registered for 10 years. I totally thought that was it.

ok... how about... Get Bitcoin, Spend Bitcoin, Own Bitcoin

also, why does it have to be a .org? how about a .com, a .info, or a .bit?

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:26:09 AM

A few more ideas:

Bitcoin Santa
Bitcoin Forever
We Love Bitcoin
medUSA