Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: goldsilverbitcoin.com is a scam  (Read 3666 times)
bitwinwin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:17:58 AM

There's more than 10 complaints just on this site so you are a scammer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:20:33 PM

Another victim here - byers be ware - BuyGoldWithBitcoin may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
BuyGoldWithBitcoin

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:56:43 AM

kwilliams, would you mind correcting your post? My website BuyGoldWithBitcoin provides reviews of online stores offering precious metals for bitcoin, but I do not sell precious metals! I'm only a review site, but you have named BuyGoldWithBitcoin in your post!

Please compare the name BuyGoldWithBitcoin with the subject of this thread GoldSilverBitcoin. Who were you referring to?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:25:26 PM

Another victim here - byers be ware - BuyGoldWithBitcoin may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

I don't believe BuyGoldWithBitcoin is a shop at all, rather it reviews them, which is probably confirmed by the post above mine from the aforementioned person Tongue

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Perseus353

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:32:48 PM

Justin -- are you here?

I'm still waiting for an order of an ounce of platinum that I made two months ago: order #3520.

I got no word from you since my first question about the status of my order.

Could you please clarify the status again, else refund me the BTC that I paid for it?

I just sent you an email.

Thank you for any clarification about the delay,

Benjamin B.

Update: I see that the website says that the order is completed by the tracking number with USPS shows an error on the USPS website. Could you please provide your customers with unambiguous information? Either on the status of the order or provide us with a refund.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:15:54 AM

I’m writing in here to partially retract some of my earlier statements. Few weeks ago I finally did receive my coins in full and as advertised. While I continue to be unhappy about delivery speed, I have to admit that GoldSilverBitcoin in general and Justin in particular have handled the situation well. Whereas I continue to think that I will never use this site again, my earlier statements about the site being dishonest or or/and the operator being incompetent now feel overly exaggerated.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
ericdc30

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:24:38 PM

@ericdc30:
Wow! What a great success story. I bet you and Justin are the best buddies now. You got your silver and  now you're doing his PR campaign for him. OP's claims can be forgotten because of your glorious photos. I'm a high-risk foreign customer anyway. Good job! Both of you. I'm sure that Mark Karpeles is in desperate need of guys like you Eric. If you successfully traded on Mt.Gox please post about it in details and help him out.
The only thing that Justin can't seem to manage still is copying and pasting the correct tracking numbers. He's got to hire some highly trained professional for that.
If you prefer a version without the sarcasm, then I would write this: As I've mentioned above, I´m a happy Coinabul customer. But I'm not going to post my positive reviews in a thread, that was started by someone who really got defrauded by that company. Positive feedback is just as important, but there's a place for it. In your case its this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156256 If you want to be objective and impartial, read previous 2 posts by smoothie here, you might learn something.
You've been kept in the dark for 1.5 months. Now you're writing “thank you Justin” in large colourful fonts and diverting attention away from this liar. Is it Stockholm syndrome? Or you just have no respect for someone, in who's shoes you nearly ended up yourself?

Not sure why you have to be sarcastic. I reported exactly what happened. I also added a warning so other people know what they are getting into (you are right that my post may be sending the wrong message to someone who doesn't bother reading). Anyway I have to give him the benefit of the doubt because he actually sent me my silver (and still has a neutral rating).

Comrade Capitalist (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:25:29 PM

@ericdc30:
Wow! What a great success story. I bet you and Justin are the best buddies now. You got your silver and  now you're doing his PR campaign for him. OP's claims can be forgotten because of your glorious photos. I'm a high-risk foreign customer anyway. Good job! Both of you. I'm sure that Mark Karpeles is in desperate need of guys like you Eric. If you successfully traded on Mt.Gox please post about it in details and help him out.
The only thing that Justin can't seem to manage still is copying and pasting the correct tracking numbers. He's got to hire some highly trained professional for that.
If you prefer a version without the sarcasm, then I would write this: As I've mentioned above, I´m a happy Coinabul customer. But I'm not going to post my positive reviews in a thread, that was started by someone who really got defrauded by that company. Positive feedback is just as important, but there's a place for it. In your case its this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156256 If you want to be objective and impartial, read previous 2 posts by smoothie here, you might learn something.
You've been kept in the dark for 1.5 months. Now you're writing “thank you Justin” in large colourful fonts and diverting attention away from this liar. Is it Stockholm syndrome? Or you just have no respect for someone, in who's shoes you nearly ended up yourself?

Not sure why you have to be sarcastic. I reported exactly what happened. I also added a warning so other people know what they are getting into (you are right that my post may be sending the wrong message to someone who doesn't bother reading). Anyway I have to give him the benefit of the doubt because he actually sent me my silver (and still has a neutral rating).

Let me explain through an example. Let's imagine that I put up a huge billboard with Monsanto's logo on it. Then I claim that I'm not advertising this company, because in the corner of the billboard there's a disclaimer, and it's stating in a 100 lines of small text that Monsanto's products cause cancer and destroy ecosphere. In a same way you can't claim that you have zero responsibility for reader's subconscious decisions.
Anyway, thanks for changing at least a part of your post. Sorry, if I've been too aggressive towards you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: