Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:59:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 19373 times)
cryptomining (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:52:36 PM

They have a hardware work around for the dual mode problems and reboots.

http://www.cybtc.com/thread-5163-1-1.html

When will you start taking orders?

I've been hearing in the Chinese forum for these (http://www.cybtc.com/forum-83-1.html) that they seem to be unstable and won't work in dual-mining mode. Is this correct?

According to the manufacture either scrypt or asic works great, just need a restart occasionally in dual mode, it sometimes hangs.

thanks for posting that, info from manufacture said they where working on the locking up problem, cool.  will start taking orders as soon as product starts arriving.  No preorders, batch one is supposed to ship by this weekend from china.  will keep the thread updated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krisj

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:52:26 PM

Not good for scrypt mining.

I have a rig with a 7990 and two R9 280X. less than $1900 for Gpus, but I get 3MH at 800W. the graphics card are more reliable and under warranty. I can sell them and recover a good part of the capital at any time.

butterflylabs products are cheaper and more reliable for BTC mining.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:01:09 PM

Is there also a way to buy a few (like 2 or 3)? And how can you control these miners, as you don't get a controller with it then.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:23:21 PM

Paypal? ok, i take one
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:40:18 PM

Is there also a way to buy a few (like 2 or 3)? And how can you control these miners, as you don't get a controller with it then.

They´re controlled over USB, so (i think) you can hook the hubs up to a Raspberry Pi for example.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

I don't understand why anyone would be interested in 10 GH/s BTC mining and only 300KH/s LTC mining.  Even with the "big" 20x order you might as well get a Antminer and GPU's for less money and more reliability.

Now if they have a properly designed and cooled PCB with 20+ Scypt ASICs for a reasonable price, we're in business..

You don't pay enough.
elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:41:10 PM

I don't understand why anyone would be interested in 10 GH/s BTC mining and only 300KH/s LTC mining.  Even with the "big" 20x order you might as well get a Antminer and GPU's for less money and more reliability.

Now if they have a properly designed and cooled PCB with 20+ Scypt ASICs for a reasonable price, we're in business..

I'm mainly interested in it for the scrypt... not the sha. It is NOT easy to cool 3MH/s of Litecoin mining... not in your house. These are more power efficient then even GPU's so if you are strapped for space, power and cooling then they are a good option.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:49:42 PM

whats the price for 3 MH ?
elchorizo

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

whats the price for 3 MH ?

Lil BiT 3Mhs+100GHS 2.7 btc

SantaMuerte

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:50:34 PM

I don't understand why anyone would be interested in 10 GH/s BTC mining and only 300KH/s LTC mining.  Even with the "big" 20x order you might as well get a Antminer and GPU's for less money and more reliability.

These are not developed to have the big players as customer base.
It´s for newbie miners etc.
krisj

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

I don't understand why anyone would be interested in 10 GH/s BTC mining and only 300KH/s LTC mining.  Even with the "big" 20x order you might as well get a Antminer and GPU's for less money and more reliability.

I'm mainly interested in it for the scrypt... not the sha. It is NOT easy to cool 3MH/s of Litecoin mining... not in your house. These are more power efficient then even GPU's so if you are strapped for space, power and cooling then they are a good option.

their power consumption is little better than four R9 280x gpus, but no resale value when the mining boom ended.
darkjed

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:55:39 PM

Ditto, I will probably never use the SHA core's. The scrypt asic fascinates me though. And who can say no to "5 dollars" worth of asics to give you hours of entertainment!
r00tdude

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:59:05 PM

These are not developed to have the big players as customer base.
It´s for newbie miners etc.

Yeah - only a matter of time until there's a dual-mining AntMiner-type device so you don't have 20 little fans bouncing around a table with cables everywhere. Once again, if you pay a fortune for power, or have serious cooling issues in your mine, this is a viable option that is nearly the same $/MH/GH as other options - noting monumental though. I'd still like a little rig of them to play with though.

RootDude

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
elchorizo

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:02:36 PM

their power consumption is little better than four R9 280x gpus, but no resale value when the mining boom ended.

I've been wondering about this.... I mean, I assume we are all in this for the long run because we believe that cryptocoins have a future. If we are wrong and the coins go to zero... then yes, ASIC's and such will drop in value to 0.

But let me ask you... given that we know there are probably hundreds of thousands of GPU's out there dedicated to just mining. If the value goes to zero and mining has no value... what will happen to those cards?

People will dump them and they will flood the market... and granted the market for GPU's is much bigger but still relatively small. Your R9 290x will be going for 1/5th of what it is worth because EVERYONE will be dumping them.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:04:07 PM

I need to take a Chinese class...
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:12:20 PM

I've been wondering about this.... I mean, I assume we are all in this for the long run because we believe that cryptocoins have a future. If we are wrong and the coins go to zero... then yes, ASIC's and such will drop in value to 0.

But let me ask you... given that we know there are probably hundreds of thousands of GPU's out there dedicated to just mining. If the value goes to zero and mining has no value... what will happen to those cards?

People will dump them and they will flood the market... and granted the market for GPU's is much bigger but still relatively small. Your R9 290x will be going for 1/5th of what it is worth because EVERYONE will be dumping them.

1/5th is better than no 1/5th. Personally I think they would be worth more than that.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
melmo

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:35:31 PM

1/5th is better than no 1/5th. Personally I think they would be worth more than that.

We already saw this happen to 7970s once ASICs took over Bitcoin mining.  The lowest I saw for used 7970s was about $250, so for a $450 card, it wasn't that bad, definitely not 1/5th.
krisj

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:36:15 PM

lil 3MH ASIC costs $2700, you can buy 4 R9 280x for $1600 and get same 3MH @ 800W.

There are more gpus in the market than those dedicated mining gpus and a gpu always has a value with or without a mining boom. mining will not end suddenly, either coin values will gradually decrease or difficulty will gradually increase throwing 3MH rigs out of mining. there won't be a considerable difference in 2nd hand market.

this asic is not good for btc either. 50GH btc miner costs only $900 @ butterfly labs

cryptomining (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:11:51 PM

UPDATE

Manufacture came through, we have inbound product. Manufacture said by weekend, and got it out today.   Looking forward to posting vids, pics, and mining scrypt with 8 watts. Grin

sprite1308

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

Can you split these up? I wouldn't mind  buying a few, but 2.7 bitcoin is a little steep for me.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: