Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:20:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paranoia will destoy ya'  (Read 2076 times)
WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 05:12:38 PM

Every other post is people accusing users of being clones or puppets of other users.
Please we need to brainstorm a way reduce this,
This is a classic divide and conquer technique, not sure who it is being used by. Maybe it is happening naturally. It is not good for btc or this forum though.

Brainstorm your ideas.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 05:21:45 PM

I couldn't agree more. Seems everyone's responses to each other attacks the other person's mental ability  Cry    probably will happen to me now ...haha...

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
burlyman007

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:04:03 PM

We need some sort of centralized "trust" system that can be used to gain and maintain credibility.

It's too bad that Bitcoin's main perk, the decentralization of currency, is one of the things that's hurting our community the most.
bitstarter

Activity: 300

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 06:13:08 PM

We need some sort of centralized "trust" system that can be used to gain and maintain credibility.

It's too bad that Bitcoin's main perk, the decentralization of currency, is one of the things that's hurting our community the most.

burly you are 100 percent correct. The one thing we all love about Bitcoin might be it's downfall  Embarrassed

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 06:25:54 PM

Maybe some type of public ip logging, and for known tor ip's it says that this person is using a tor ip??
It is a start,
I don't want to come off as all red tape and bureaucratic crap, I just think that the threat of dividing us is greater than the benefit of anonymity in the forum. Maybe there is a better solution.
I am mostly talking about deterring multiple accounts by one user, although some of those solutions might block roommates or neighbors from signing up. I don't know but to me it seems like the original members and those who have been here for a while are super paranoid, which is good for somethings but terrible for others. I for one would love to open conversation with some of these people who have watched bitcoin develop over the past year or so, that being said this whole time i have not really dealt with any original members (except potentially as clients through bitcoinbux). I feel like if i try to just talk to them they will think i am one of their enemies reincarnate into a newer user lol. When really we need there support and guidance so as not to make mistakes from the past. This is all brainstorm speculation etc., I just felt we need to talk about it to ground everyone and remind them that new people are truly still coming in all the time.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3052

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 06:44:23 PM

I couldn't agree more. Seems everyone's responses to each other attacks the other person's mental ability  Cry    probably will happen to me now ...haha...

Most of the people in this forum have above average intelligence.  We're used to putting up with stupidity and our first reaction is to assume the other person is wrong?

Just a guess.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:50:20 PM

Every other post is people accusing users of being clones or puppets of other users.
This is a classic divide and conquer technique, not sure who it is being used by. Maybe it is happening naturally. It is not good for btc or this forum though.

Brainstorm your ideas.

This is happening because there is a lot of bad shit happening in the last three months. BTC is getting bigger, more finance-heads are playing old-world fraud games, and people's confidence is being eroded. The hobbyists are feeling taken for a ride, people are losing LOTs of money. Paranoia follows. Paranoia is actually healthy to a limited degree - we need more skepticism to keep BTC stable.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:51:54 PM

Of course they're desperate; they can smell their deaths, and the sound they'll make rattling their cages will serve as a warning to the rest.
Mt.Fun

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 07:14:27 PM

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 07:32:21 PM

Brainstorm your ideas.

This is happening because there is a lot of bad shit happening in the last three months. BTC is getting bigger, more finance-heads are playing old-world fraud games, and people's confidence is being eroded. The hobbyists are feeling taken for a ride, people are losing LOTs of money. Paranoia follows. Paranoia is actually healthy to a limited degree - we need more skepticism to keep BTC stable.

We are seeing massive level scams being made.
We need more serious buisnesses to invest in Bitcoin, so that it can gain trust of normal people.

A currency cannot gain wider audience if it is mostly used by all kinds of con-artists.

Bitcoin is as powerful tool as it always was, nothing has changed in that matter. All the amazing properties are the same, and no new technical weaknesses has been discovered.
What failed is the dark part of human nature. And that is what we need to improve.

luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 09:00:25 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I can confirm that I am indeed luv2drnkbr.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)

iEYEARECAAYFAk5seI8ACgkQGuAUqsq/lX39+wCfYBCrsMX3mJmnthwdzIKuczZE
9eoAoMNF47AIZRE+XQJAj0lGmh3nRfyO
=3yKc
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

wee baby seamus

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 09:12:38 AM

Of course they're desperate; they can smell their deaths, and the sound they'll make rattling their cages will serve as a warning to the rest.

what
Alex Zee

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 09:47:23 AM

That's what I am trying to do here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41798.0

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
im3w1l

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 09:55:14 AM

Problem: People don't trust each other

Solution: Even more cryptography!

I love you guys <3
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 11:14:26 AM

what

I don't know. I wish I had an answer for you, but you'll have to decide for yourself who you can trust.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 12:17:30 PM

I am bitcoin2cash's gimmick account
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 01:21:03 PM

I am bitcoin2cash's gimmick account a moron without a life that spend my whole time trolling forums about stuff I don't like

FTFY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: