Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Forum hacked?  (Read 5893 times)
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:23:02 PM

Seriously, this forum needs to be upgraded.

Also, it could use a Slashdot-like auto-moderation system, so all the buzz, trolls, spam & some scammers are automatically filtered out.
It's too loud here to even discuss seriously about anything. A bunch of schoolkids, spammers, scammers & other screwed people are making this place miserable. It should be fixed long ago.

I don't know about SMF, but surely there is some plugin like that avaiable for PHPBB.

Would you filter out "some scammers", but leave others behind? Or would you just get rid of them all, especially Bruce Wagner?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:24:47 PM

The cosman commeth

I could be slightly more impressed had your avatar not been replaced.  But only slightly, and not a whole lot more amused.  Ach...back to work.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
hightax

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:25:16 PM

If bitcointalk.org didn't want to be hacked, they wouldn't leave their system open like this.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:25:35 PM

Also, it could use a Slashdot-like auto-moderation system, so all the buzz, trolls, spam & some scammers are automatically filtered out.
It's too loud here to even discuss seriously about anything. A bunch of schoolkids, spammers, scammers & other screwed people are making this place miserable. It should be fixed long ago.

I don't know about SMF, but surely there is some plugin like that avaiable for PHPBB.

Would you filter out "some scammers", but leave others behind? Or would you just get rid of them all, especially Bruce Wagner?

1. I haven't investigated Bruce Wagner enough to have a 100% opinion, however after doing some reading i think there is at least 63% probability that he is a scammer. That is my, subjective opinion however.

2. Check out yourself how the slashdot moderation system works. It really nicely mods out any spamming/scamming practices very quickly. I think it is the best on the net.

BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:27:33 PM

1. I haven't investigated Bruce Wagner enough to have a 100% opinion, however after doing some reading i think there is at least 63% probability that he is a scammer. That is my, subjective opinion however.

2. Check out yourself how the slashdot moderation system works. It really nicely mods out any spamming/scamming practices very quickly. I think it is the best on the net.

That's true, I really like Slashdot.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 08:27:52 PM

The cosman commeth

I could be slightly more impressed had your avatar not been replaced.  But only slightly, and not a whole lot more amused.  Ach...back to work.
It is more appropriate to say the avatar was "covered up" by something else. With CSS/DHTML you can position floating elements wherever you want on the page.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:31:40 PM

Is there something with me that I've intentionally left js enabled and have been reloading forum pages to see all of the wacky hijinks?

That might be beer on my pants, or I could've peed myself from the hilarity of the first refresh after my initial WTF.

Back to reloading pages. Oh Cos, you so silly. Where's mah Jello Puddin'!?
FalconFour

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 05:42:43 AM

I'd just love to know what immense level of immaturity it took to keep the site offline for almost 2 full days after this little putzy Javascript-hack (BTW, putting a Flash animation on your page does NOT open your server up to hacks, WTF kind of cause/effect misconception is that?)... I mean, talk about a great way to drive the value of Bitcoin through the floor: take its #1 communications hub and keep it offline for a few days. Hello? I'd've been glad to help out with getting the server back online if the admins here couldn't figure it out... *rolleyes.tga*

And we're still using the same archaic SMF version? *facepalm.wmf*

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: