Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will Dogecoin get? DOGE  (Read 13880 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:41:14 AM

but in two months dogecoin has created 3 times more wallets than litecoin.....
in my view Bitcoin will always be the way to transfer money around the world, but it will be dogecoin not litecoin that we use for buying stuff

I believe that Bitcoin's hegemony will be coming to an end. It might not be Dogecoin that reigns it in, but another coin will take Bitcoin's position.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:44:56 AM

4 dogecoin addresses contain 26% of all mined dogecoin.  Just 17 addresses cointain over 60% of all mined dogecoin.  

This isn't something I can invest in.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-dogecoin-addresses.html

So when Bitcoin was about 7 weeks old what percentage of Bitcoin addresses contained a majority of the Bitcoins mined at that time?

You cant compare Bitcoin to worthless DOGE. Are you serious? DOGE got infinite amount of coins and the devs said that they wont fix it, its intentional, thats completely rubbish.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:58:38 AM

The price of ASIC's which still can ROI to mine Bitcoins are getting too high for most newbies to get into the field. Even basic GPU rigs for coins like DOGE seem much more realistic an approach, and though they may take a few months to ROI, it's still appearing to be a lot less risk and expense for the investment involved. Then there's also the opportunity to make money trading them as well, and the ever-present potential for the value to go up quite a bit, while Bitcoins right now seem to have been too stable and even too stagnant.
holyterrorboss (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:26:30 AM

4 dogecoin addresses contain 26% of all mined dogecoin.  Just 17 addresses cointain over 60% of all mined dogecoin.  

So when Bitcoin was about 7 weeks old what percentage of Bitcoin addresses contained a majority of the Bitcoins mined at that time?

I think matt608's comment is extremely invalid. I believe that the exchanges are considered one big wallet. I haven't done a whole lot of research on this so I may be wrong. I'm definitely going to look into this more though.
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:57:47 PM

The price of ASIC's which still can ROI to mine Bitcoins are getting too high for most newbies to get into the field. Even basic GPU rigs for coins like DOGE seem much more realistic an approach, and though they may take a few months to ROI, it's still appearing to be a lot less risk and expense for the investment involved. Then there's also the opportunity to make money trading them as well, and the ever-present potential for the value to go up quite a bit, while Bitcoins right now seem to have been too stable and even too stagnant.

I built a rig with 7850's, cheap as hell. Everyone said I was dumb for doing it and that the cards were total crap. I've ROI and made a little in less than a month and a half, just ordered 2 more 7850's on sale from new egg and a more powerful PSU. You can check out the rig if you want, link below. It will be a couple days until I get the extra cards and PSU installed, then I'll post another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WYnj2TJ8M
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:47:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

At the time of writing this dogecoin at http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency is the 7th most profitable coin to mine. I haven't seen it that low for some time now. It usually stays within the top three and the only reason it wasn't number 1 the whole time was because of flaws in the way the most profitable is calculated. I believe this is due to the developers releasing information that stated they will not be fixing the infinite dogecoin issue, you can read more about it here http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/02/dogecoin-to-allow-annual-inflation-of-5-billion-coins-each-year-forever/. I really don't see that big of a problem though, I hope people don't start giving up now. We gotta rally the troops!!!
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

Dogecoin is now at #13 Sad super sad
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:03:20 PM

It falls in price and then jumps, I always miss the low and have to buy as its rising again  Huh I can't constantly monitor the exchanges, wish I could.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:07:42 PM

It falls in price and then jumps, I always miss the low and have to buy as its rising again  Huh I can't constantly monitor the exchanges, wish I could.

It's back up to #3, false alarm. I only monitor them while I'm at work lol
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:16:26 PM

I guess Dogecoin is going down for now on ...

Wolong messed up too much Smiley now price is accidentally going down, and I imagine it wont stop very soon.

But.

Maybe one day Dogecoins are going to rise again in power!
burnum

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:43:30 PM

I have a hunch it will stay under .00000200 until mining rewards halve, unless the Olympic games bring some more headlines, then it looks set to rise in line with mining rewards, cost of mining, history, community growth, etc, etc.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:49:29 PM

I have a hunch it will stay under .00000200 until mining rewards halve, unless the Olympic games bring some more headlines, then it looks set to rise in line with mining rewards, cost of mining, history, community growth, etc, etc.

what i think is the price will drop to 80-100. And maybe after few months will rise above 300.

My guess.
burnum

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

So say in 3 months it will be over 300? glad I am not the only one that can see it double in that much time, now if I could just borrow 1 million dollars to put into it  Wink

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:11:02 PM

So say in 3 months it will be over 300? glad I am not the only one that can see it double in that much time, now if I could just borrow 1 million dollars to put into it  Wink

haha Smiley
what I have learned in trading.

It is very risky to borrow money and put into crypto exchange.
Better to earn.

Safer for you.

Because there is no 100% that you will rise your founds in any period of time.

Crypto curriences are wild, and you never know what it is going to happen.
holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

I think that in 9 to 12 days dogecoin will be back up to at least 300 satoshis. That is when the halving will happen. At the time of writing this, the estimate is about 9.6 days according to http://cryptocoinstat.com/reward.php?coin=DOGE.
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

I think matt608's comment is extremely invalid. I believe that the exchanges are considered one big wallet. I haven't done a whole lot of research on this so I may be wrong. I'm definitely going to look into this more though.

I would bet the big wallets are pool owners wallets. They are skimming doge's off of miners and miners are letting them get away with it. Doge pools are one gigantic backroom skimming operation. Due to the amount of doge's that a miner gets per day, it is easy for these crooked pool owners to steal some coins from every miner. Miners need to keep track of what they should get and what they do get.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:23:29 PM

I think that in 9 to 12 days dogecoin will be back up to at least 300 satoshis.

it is not impossible but it is almost impossible and would be amazing if it did.
I guess it will rise again march.
burnum

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:28:38 PM

haha Smiley
what I have learned in trading.

It is very risky to borrow money and put into crypto exchange.
Better to earn.

Safer for you.

Because there is no 100% that you will rise your founds in any period of time.

Crypto curriences are wild, and you never know what it is going to happen.

After reading about the history of silver I decided that borrowing to invest is very risky, not something I would really do, but if I had a mill than for sure I would be looking to double it with crypto's, and if someone were willing to borrow me the mill to use I could not resist, haha.

holyterrorboss (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:33:57 PM

I think that in 9 to 12 days dogecoin will be back up to at least 300 satoshis.

it is not impossible but it is almost impossible and would be amazing if it did.
I guess it will rise again march.

We will see in about 7 days when it halves. http://cryptocoinstat.com/reward.php?coin=DOGE

Check out my dogecoin miner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WYnj2TJ8M. It a couple days i will have 2 more videos, one of that scrypt mining rig with an upgraded PSU and 2 more GPU's and another of a gaming/mining rig I'm in the middle of builing. Going to mine dogecoin and and play Dayz!!!!
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:19:01 PM

If it reaches a dollar I will be very happy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: