Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:49:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid cryptocurrency scams  (Read 464 times)
Paka1

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:34:51 PM

Scammers nowadays are rampant,  they are everywhere trying to trick people for their own sake.  In order not to be taken advantage by other people like those scammers you must be mindful and cautious. When you wanted to enter a bounty you must have the knowledge and background check of the developers, whitepaper and such. So always make sure you are equipped with informations in order not to be scammed.
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:36:31 PM

We cant avoid cryptocurrency scam but we can prevent it.Always take a deeper look on every cryptocurrency projects by means of reading carefully every terms and conditions.Do not hesitate to asked questions to the admin or to anyone that you think you can answers all your questions.And once you find it more difficult,do not invest.Looked for a another crypto projects.
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:52:40 PM

If any fraudster wants to throw you, this process is inevitable, unless you succumb to these tricks.
There are many ways to prevent fraud, it is important that you do not believe in anyone in the Crypto market, only believe in the people around you. Do not believe in anyone but we do not see their faces. The market is full of scammers, come to us just for profit.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:58:13 PM

Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.

of course it takes time and experience, what else now ico that leads to a scam is almost difficult in detection. but there are many ways to investigate it to see if ico is competent on a scam. you can study and check out white papers, teams and developers. or can also check the history and data ico site is first made.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:18:04 PM

Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.
 If there is money involved, opportunist cannot be avoided, scammers always find a hole to victimized people, it is our responsibility to take precautionary measures in any venture we take in, like for example, investing an ICO project, do all the research about the whole project and the responsible team. You cannot detect a scam project right away that is why keeping in touch with them is the best practice to determine if they are true or not.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:41:51 PM

check the team and partnership which the project is acquainted. most scam icos are no running projects and the roadmap is not on track.
most of the bounty campaign managers know the best projects try to join on a well respected managers.
usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

I evaluate the project studying the team, looking for reviews and who made it, reading whitepaper. If everything seems too good and unrealistic it is scam. In recent time crypto became very popular, so a lot of freshers came, that’s why there is a lot of scam just to trick newcomers.
zhaviabieber405

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:11:05 PM

Well anything promising ridiculous rates of interest is an obvious one. If you want to remain safe then look for an experienced team who's had successful projects/companies in the past.
HALLASTERA

Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:21:26 PM

Don't show your wallets. Verify adress site where you currently. Don't participate in fake eth airdrops.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:25:08 PM

Everybody here made outstanding points, what I say would be pretty much the same except one: Realization

Realization possibility of a project is the most important aspect of it becoming the next big thing. If a project fails at delivering something that can be used in the real world, it will fail. Sooner or later, it will. Most of the projects without a realization possibility are shitcoins anyway...
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:35:40 PM

If you want to avoid scams then you should learn and studies well the project that you are going to invest. It will help you a lot in terms where to invest or not but it won't make us avoid some possible scams because even good company turns into scam. Just invest what we can afford to lose because there are a lot of growing companies now that into crypto.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:42:56 PM

Knowing what scams are out there and being careful with your information is step #1. Avoiding questionable links or airdrops is also a good idea.  Scammers mainly try to get your private key so that they can access your funds and transfer it out.

There is a project that is currently in ICO called CryptoPolice that is trying to actively fight scams by educating the public and keeping track of different kind of scams. You might check them out if you are interested.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:56:54 PM

Yeah, we should be aware of this scam projects.

I created a thread about things to know to avoid scam projects in our local. Soon i will translate it in english and post it on begginers thread. It seems that it's a great help for some newbies.
voltagecrypto

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:04:26 AM

BTCsuggestion would be for investors and holders to avoid scams to become wise enough to believe what ever people say, and relay on own research most of the time, knowledge is the key.BTC
Awan Awan

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:21:16 AM

Good platforms, website transparency, great team members and good bounty managers, that will be your basis when it comes to where you need to put your money on this industry, just liek stock exchange, you must first know the company you are investing with so that you will not be scammed.
Know your company. Before is Know Your Customer and now as customer we need to know the detail of the company where we put our money in. Transparency is the best thing now in blockchain since all is decentralized. Team also is the best important thing to know before investing to avoid scam. But bounty manager is not really important in my opinion.
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:02:04 AM

to avoid cryptocurrency which is scam in my opinion it is very difficult as i am looking to avoid cryptocurrency which scam is already a bit difficult as they try to influence the investors with valid information. but in fact it is not valid.
kevinpeck

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:03:14 AM

Yes, you are right fake news are affecting the crypto industry a lot. For this I can only suggest you to get directly involved in the market instead of listening to others and trusting others.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:12:01 AM

There's a lot of cryptocoin as of now in the market. To avoud getring scam or losing your money you need to do a research , asking expert trader about the altcoins you want to buy. If the ICO they ahve big chance to lose your money becaude you do not know if the founder list their coin or not.
RajaCripto

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:27:56 AM

you can check everything on the web, starting from their original address or not, their team is there or not, and all their information about their ico sale should be transparency
Btcallans

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:45:43 AM

I encourage the innovative investor to read guides as well to get a fuller picture of how most of the opportunities in crypto. Or simply focus on the red flags that could quickly help to highlight the risk of investments.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: