Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid cryptocurrency scams  (Read 464 times)
altcoinanalyst1 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:46:56 PM

Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:43:52 PM

Website and their transparency could be the terms of their authenticity.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:46:26 PM

Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.
Good platforms, website transparency, great team members and good bounty managers, that will be your basis when it comes to where you need to put your money on this industry, just liek stock exchange, you must first know the company you are investing with so that you will not be scammed.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:49:59 PM

Good platforms, website transparency, great team members and good bounty managers, that will be your basis when it comes to where you need to put your money on this industry, just liek stock exchange, you must first know the company you are investing with so that you will not be scammed.

add this to your list.
unique platform, the country where the team located or the project.
team members and developer is also a big account to have.
for you to avoid scams, make sure to study well the project and persons behind it.
lutcor

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

We all want to avoid this, but today many people still come across similar projects and there are a lot of such projects, because today there are no services that would filter these projects, today many projects just do what they collect money.
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:56:19 PM

add this to your list.
unique platform, the country where the team located or the project.
team members and developer is also a big account to have.
for you to avoid scams, make sure to study well the project and persons behind it.
I don't think good and unique platform would be enough. Think and ask yourself and maybe do some research, see if the project would really be possible. Most of the times, if projects are too good to be true, that project would turn out to be a scam.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
Soroskatona

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:09:22 PM

There are some points how you can determine if something is a scam. check:
Whitepaper, their team, the validity of the idea, ratings, try to find something really outstanding, which is completely unreal.
Omooba098

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:16:35 PM

Don't feel too lazy, there are quite number of threads created to solve your question. Read carefully through those threads. Having said that,  Website and the transparency of those ICOs could be the terms of their authenticity.
alexhitch20

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:04:25 PM

Most of them seem fairly obvious, anything too good to be true.
thanhqn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:11:31 PM

I do not know how to fight a cryptocurrency scam. I usually evaluate the cryptocurrency through the team, the roadmap, the whitepaper, the idea and the technology they aim for. A strong cryptocurrency that will have teams, roadmap, whitepaper, technology and what they look for in the future will help their cryptocurrency coin to be transparent and avoid being mistaken for a cryptocurrency fraud.
HadadC

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

Its very hard to avoid scams. Generally , you dont know that if there 'll be scam.But you should deep research and be careful.Every scam has experince.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:27:50 PM

You can't really avoid the scams but you can minimise the risk of getting scammed by proper research over the project that you are investing into. I men that is also not the conclusive proof of the legitimacy but the problem is you have to take at least 50% chance to see where you have inserted your money. If you smell something fishy then try to get out of the project and if it is not possible to do so then you just landed into another 50% where the risk was highest one.

That is the way of crypto currency woking and thats all because of greedy people who just wanna cheat on the legit investors and steal their money.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 06:13:46 PM

report from expert as possessing use with details of news on intelligence as returns with manage of evaluation with customs of tasks as displacing use with indication as referring unit of objectives.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
fmboyzz

Activity: 227

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:21:17 PM

Who is behind the operation? Is the team made up of well-known members of the digital assets community? What does their GitHub repository look like — is it impressive, lacking, or private?  If the answer is yes/positive, then this may be a legit project.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:25:02 PM

This is very easy.

Avoid phishing links, sites
Avoid tempting offers
Avoid exposing your private keys, Avoid misplacing your gadgets.

Then be sure to avoid fake forms.

Thats all i believe.
vasil777

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:28:09 PM

So now in the crypto world there is really a lot of fraud and it is very easy to fall victim to fraudsters. I think you need to be very attentive and then you will be in vain. Never enter your personal details anywhere!
nerlial

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:28:57 PM

I think the only way to avoid scammers is to check any project or a crypto exchange or anything you go to invest in. Find information in the entire Internet. If there is no information or little I would not have invested there.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:29:08 PM

This fact is really terrible. More and more information is being received about scam in the cryptosphere. I am sure that there is already a ready decision how to put an end to this. But the situation around this problem has frozen. There is a feeling that this situation is beneficial to those who are against the cryptocurrencies. Thus, these people try to frighten investors and reduce interest in cryptocurrencies.
pnqwiuha

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:39:57 PM

Try to make your PC a special PC that you use in the encrypted world. Do not click on suspicious links, especially when sending and receiving mail. Do not transfer all your coins to the exchange, then turn around only when trading.
Crypcar10290

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:54:17 PM

You are right, the number of scams in crypto is climbing by the day, scammers in crypto is a big problem that needs to be resolved; the lack of regulations give lots of opportunities for scam projects, and as it seems that it is hard for governments to regulate crypto, one of the solutions would be people being more careful against scammers, to do so they need to learn and spend time studying about crypto. People will be forced to learn and be more careful or will be victims of scammer. I would suggest to take the time and study about any specific project before investing, look for the website, road map, whitepaper,  team members, and social media channels.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: