Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If a project didn't reach soft cap will there still pay reward for bounty?  (Read 333 times)
Mkpez (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

If a project is unable to reach their soft cap will they pay participants their reward for bounty activities.
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:02:51 PM

If a project is unable to reach their soft cap will they pay participants their reward for bounty activities.
Depends. But most of the time, if a project turned out to be a total mess, resulting in failure to reach the soft cap, the project wouldn't push through and rewards wouldn't be distributedn, also have refunds to those who had invested on it (ethically speaking). For real situation scenarios, if the project turned out to be a scam, devs would most likely keep the funds for themselves and run away with it.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
tysavbde

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:05:34 PM

There will also be tokens, but most of them will fail. If you don't even get a bonnet, this is a bad project. It's not a good project to invest in.
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:06:47 PM

I had with that bounty not reaching the softcap and it just turns into a total waste of time and effort.
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:30:27 PM

Once I participated in ICO, which was connected with agriculture. They did not collect Soft Cap. But the project wasn't fraudulent. They returned my Ether after the end of the unsuccessful ICO. In the same project, there was an airdrop. I checked there too. Of course, no tokens were sent to me, as they were not. Since they mostly pay tokens of the project itself for participation in the bounty. That, of course, you will not be paid, unfortunately.
However, if the project is fraudulent. Then, developers don't pay for the bounty & don't return money to investors either.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Platon ES

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:47:05 PM

I did baunty in which every week paid coins, this coins came to my wallet, but this project didn’t collect anything and their coins turned into garbage. One more project could not gather CAP, but they paid in ETH for every week. So situations can be different.
Didin

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:02:22 PM

its depends on their team
because, if they continue the development without enough funds, that same as run a car without gasoline,
but, if the team have another plan with their project, i think they will pay for your support
maybe they will run an airdrop, etc

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Lately, I heard of a project that had similar challenges with this you just mention and I heard the Dev Team had to return fund back to their contributors and they all went smoothly in peace while they had zero worries.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:01:19 PM

It depends from project to project. Some pay even if they don't hit their soft cap and some don't. You can ask them on their Telegram channel on what is their official statement about that. Sure, they could not tell you the truth, but you could at least get some feeling about it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:20:19 AM

Not a lot of them do. Mostly when a project don't reach their soft cap, they stop the project completely and start working on refunding the investors who invested in the project which means that the project is then discontinued so even if they did pay you the tokens that you are owed, they would be useless because you couldn't sell them anywhere.
Vivif

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:26:45 AM

Depending on the project. if the platform proceed to run the project then bounty it will be paid, if they choose to stop the project then investor funds will be refunded and bounty will not be paid.
Davidovic6648

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 05:17:42 PM

As it is the wish of every ICO to make their projects reach at least softcap but if unfortunately it could not, that brings the end of such project and no reward is expected afterwards.
Master Third

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:23:28 PM

no mate. Mostly when the team could not manage to reach the soft cap they simply postponed the ICO and make a second plan to make it better. But sometimes such kind of outcome can not give a good impact to the investors who are seeking an ICO to invest.
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:03:29 PM

I dont usually participate with bounty campaigns because im not interested with new coins that still not listed on any exchanges. But just think if your project doesnt reach the minimum cap that you need to fund your project then the project has no chance to continue so what is the point of releasing those tokens if the project will no longer have a development or future goal? So as a participant on that bounty will you still accept it if you already know that they will not continue? Of course not because it will worth nothing because there will be no exchanges that will want to list it.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:20:30 PM

There are different options in this case. If you did not achieve the soft cap you most likely will not be paid, but there are cases when payments on the bounty are still being made, but the tokens will hardly cost anything.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:27:15 PM

If the project decided to not refund investors money and continue with the development even tho Softcap not reached, then the bounty rewards should be rewarded to all participants. On the other hand  if the project refunded investors money and decided to not continue the development of the project then no bounty should be paid because you will getting a useless not usable Tokens anyway  ( Tokens without investors and without development ) .
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 06:28:51 PM

I think if a project does not reach the soft cap then they are bound to refund the investors so they have no funds to pay bounty hunters, the only way out is to reduce soft cap so that project can continue and bounty will be paid.

crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:02:13 PM

I doubt that. It is illogical and counterproductive at the same time. Even if they give you any tokens, they can not start their project because of lack of funds. Would they have any value? I do not think so. As bounty hunters, we must admit sometimes we will not be rewarded for our effort. Unfortunately, even the best-looking projects can fail even before they had a chance to make some noise.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:04:29 PM

Usually not.  I would love to see a bounty manager hold a fraction of the tokens for each successful bounty as bank to pull from in the case of a flop given all the hard work.  I think the stability will be appealing

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
clairdelune

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:08:02 PM

It will not as the softcap of a project is the minimum requirement for an ICO to start the project which in return will be the basis of the price of the tokens of the project. That is why evaluating the ICO and its bounty is essential and looking for red flags should always be your priority when choosing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: