Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash to $2 imminent. Willing to bet.  (Read 10563 times)
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 03:06:18 AM

Will it finally crash to $2?

My estimate is $1.25 is as low as it can go at current difficulty.   Of course, if difficulty drops to 200k and we're looking at hour long confirms for 2 months we'll be thinking of $2 as the "new $20."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
druid

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 03:12:55 AM

your estimate is less than half of electricity production price? Elaborate please
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 03:23:14 AM

Based on namecoin observations.   Many people are happy to mine for *MONTHS* at a 40-50% loss because they believe in upside potential.  They can't make the mental connection between being long and producing being two completely unrelated activities, in their mind mining is not at a loss until they sell.

While it's far more economical to simply spend the $ on buying BTC instead that's effort.  Bank -> dwolla -> mtgox requires getting off your duff.  Mining BTC to buy Namecoin is far less effort, yet people didn't bother even for 40-50% more namecoins a day.  In fact, the last few weeks mining namecoins was below power price even for the 4.6 cents/kwhr people like me.

So I yes, I think we could see well below production price as the market price.  And we'll be able to sustain it for months.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:01:48 AM

Based on namecoin observations.   Many people are happy to mine for *MONTHS* at a 40-50% loss because they believe in upside potential.  They can't make the mental connection between being long and producing being two completely unrelated activities, in their mind mining is not at a loss until they sell.

While it's far more economical to simply spend the $ on buying BTC instead that's effort.  Bank -> dwolla -> mtgox requires getting off your duff.  Mining BTC to buy Namecoin is far less effort, yet people didn't bother even for 40-50% more namecoins a day.  In fact, the last few weeks mining namecoins was below power price even for the 4.6 cents/kwhr people like me.

So I yes, I think we could see well below production price as the market price.  And we'll be able to sustain it for months.

Or that a lot of people mine on "free" electricity.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 07:36:26 PM

Not one troll bet against BTC. What a surprise. Nothing but hot air.
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 04:40:27 PM

I did, with the $1 Zhoutong gave me.  I got slaughtered.  Slaughtered, I tell you.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 04:57:52 PM

Many people are happy to mine for *MONTHS* at a 40-50% loss because they believe in upside potential.  They can't make the mental connection between being long and producing being two completely unrelated activities, in their mind mining is not at a loss until they sell.

Right. If you're mining and not selling, you're speculating. If you're mining at a loss, you're losing money. You would lose less if you spent the money you're spending mining buying on the open market. Think about it.

As for the crash to $2, as I've said before, we're in a long, slow slide. If you look at a 30 day moving average, the trend is clear - the price declines steadily about $4 per month, and all the "rallies" and "crashes" are just short term noise.  Since we're currently around $5, that can't go on much longer. The endgame will be during the holiday season.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 05:16:28 PM

As for the crash to $2, as I've said before, we're in a long, slow slide. If you look at a 30 day moving average, the trend is clear - the price declines steadily about $4 per month, and all the "rallies" and "crashes" are just short term noise.  Since we're currently around $5, that can't go on much longer. The endgame will be during the holiday season.

How can you make a 30 days av move chart with bitcoin?! You would end up with about 12 or 14 dots and they certainly don't show any $4 downhill/mo.

07/10  ~$0.03
08/10 ~$0.04
(...)
12/10 ~$0.7
01/11 ~$1
(...)
05/11 ~$3
06/11 ~$20
(...)
09/11 ~$5

Despite June's bubble the general trend is up, there's no "steadily decline", but rather a post bubble readjustment.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 06:43:53 PM

How can you make a 30 days av move chart with bitcoin?!

Like this. Straight downhill since the bubble popped in early June.

The brown line is a trailing moving average of the last 30 days. (Because it's a trailing moving average, it lags the actual data by 15 days.) Notice how all the "crashes" and "rallies" disappear and the steady downward trend becomes clear.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 07:00:25 PM

You are just another bear-troll aiming to buy btc cheap. But guess what: I won't happen, the current price is exactly at the lower trend-line and the recent rise in price correlates with my assumption that the recent low @4.18 was the end of this correction.

I probably should now put up the log chart to debunk your claim but that will only attract more haters  Roll Eyes
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 07:22:27 PM

You are just another bear-troll aiming to buy btc cheap. But guess what: I won't happen, the current price is exactly at the lower trend-line and the recent rise in price correlates with my assumption that the recent low @4.18 was the end of this correction.

I probably should now put up the log chart to debunk your claim but that will only attract more haters  Roll Eyes

Oh, that log chart. The one from August 12, where the price was around $12, where the poster above wrote "That would be acceptable." The "lower trend line" then showed a doubling every 2 months or so. Not happening.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 07:36:05 PM

How can you make a 30 days av move chart with bitcoin?!

Like this. Straight downhill since the bubble popped in early June.

The brown line is a trailing moving average of the last 30 days. (Because it's a trailing moving average, it lags the actual data by 15 days.) Notice how all the "crashes" and "rallies" disappear and the steady downward trend becomes clear.

I wasn't talking about "how to do it", but "where's enough data" to show a trend? 6 mo is nothing for a 30d av graph, to not mention you even have a bubble mid-way.
To get data enough for a 30d av, for it to mean anything, you would need to be able to go back at least 24/32 months, this means before bitcoin even existed.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 07:37:15 PM

I probably should now put up the log chart to debunk your claim but that will only attract more haters  Roll Eyes

Oh, that log chart. The one from August 12, where the price was around $12, where the poster above wrote "That would be acceptable." The "lower trend line" then showed a doubling every 2 months or so. Not happening.
If you read the above post I made explaining where to draw the trendline. This chart does something different and forces the lower trendline to be in a channel parallel to the upper one. I also said that the graph could be faulty, especially in determining the lower limit. And guess what it is.

If you do the thing I stated in the post there is a 100% correlation.
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:14:11 PM

Did this guy lose the bet yet Smiley
Where are all the bears  Wink

ArsenShnurkov
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:18:15 PM

6.8 was the wall.
It is the time to rally down to $2.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:19:17 PM

6.8 was the wall.
It is the time to rally down to $2.

Rally down?!
And crash up?  Grin

|

|
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:59:25 PM

actually volume hasn't spiked yet and until it does this rally will continue if you like it or not  Smiley
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:20:53 PM

actually volume hasn't spiked yet and until it does this rally will continue if you like it or not  Smiley

Already back down to 6 dollars (rally  Roll Eyes ), but logs charts support my conclusion and furthermore

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:34:40 PM

oh a bear! lawl

Already back down to 6 dollars (rally  Roll Eyes ), but logs charts support my conclusion and furthermore
That is totally within the normal range, you can't make conclusion based on the 1 hour swing for a 3 day old rally, or crash for that matter.
Yeah it swings alot, people with bots are probably making a killing from it but that is to be expected.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:38:43 PM

It is not within the expected range... Today.
Can you elaborate on that?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: