Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure that I get what is happening on the 30th  (Read 2939 times)
TigerCoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

The way that I read an article a few months ago, it said that China was to completely ban Bitcoin on the 30th of January.  After I saw that people were not panicking or referencing it at all, I decided to look up the news again yesterday.  From what I now understand, the Chinese exchanges have been closed from deposits for a month and are coming back on the 30th? 

These articles are worded pretty weirdly in my opinion, or maybe I am just missing something really obvious -.- 

Could somebody please clarify the situation? Smiley
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:57:42 PM

The way that I read an article a few months ago, it said that China was to completely ban Bitcoin on the 30th of January.  After I saw that people were not panicking or referencing it at all, I decided to look up the news again yesterday.  From what I now understand, the Chinese exchanges have been closed from deposits for a month and are coming back on the 30th?  

These articles are worded pretty weirdly in my opinion, or maybe I am just missing something really obvious -.-  

What I understand is, on 30th Jan, all chinese exchange site have to be closed down completely. I might be wrong, anybody have any idea?

TigerCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:07:02 PM

The way that I read an article a few months ago, it said that China was to completely ban Bitcoin on the 30th of January.  After I saw that people were not panicking or referencing it at all, I decided to look up the news again yesterday.  From what I now understand, the Chinese exchanges have been closed from deposits for a month and are coming back on the 30th?  

What I understand is, on 30th Jan, all chinese exchange site have to be closed down completely. I might be wrong, anybody have any idea?

Yeah it is weird because they say *until January 30th which makes no sense at all to me  Huh
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:09:13 PM

Wrong. They're not being closed. They're closing down channels to get your money out after that date. There are workarounds like vouchers. I'm not sure it'll last though.
TigerCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:23:35 PM

Wrong. They're not being closed. They're closing down channels to get your money out after that date. There are workarounds like vouchers. I'm not sure it'll last though.

Ah so that would explain the lack of panic.  Hopefully they work out regulation.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:28:41 PM

China has been co-opted by the alliance between Russia and North Korea. Putin and Kim Jong Un are taking control of the exchanges.

It has all been confirmed by reliable sources in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412280.220
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

I think there's cause to panic about how close to the wind China's biggest exchange is sailing. They've had some pretty unorthodox methods to deposit and some seem to think they're faking their volume.

Having said that it seems virtually impossible to get a straightforward view of what is actually happening there. In this case the information superhighway has failed miserably.
TigerCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:50:04 PM

I think there's cause to panic about how close to the wind China's biggest exchange is sailing. They've had some pretty unorthodox methods to deposit and some seem to think they're faking their volume.

Having said that it seems virtually impossible to get a straightforward view of what is actually happening there. In this case the information superhighway has failed miserably.

So do Bter and Mtgox also have to abide by these rules since they are run from China?
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:40:21 PM

So do Bter and Mtgox also have to abide by these rules since they are run from China?

these are not run or based in China
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:44:49 PM

This ^^!
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

You can no longer transfer your money out to a central bank account.  You can still buy and sell "BTC China credits".

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
TigerCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:20:16 PM

Well I guess that clears everything up for me then Smiley Thanks to everyone who responded
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:26:28 PM

There was a Chinese dude from China in speculation forum warning everyone that the 31st Jan China thing is the real deal and the current deposit methods are not sustainable.

I also personally know someone in China who tells me the threat is the real deal. Even though im a super bull, personally I'm not buying any new btc till this whole thing is clear, price is way too Dependant on Chinese money ATM and there is evidence of fake Chinese volumes which means current price will collapse once China is out.

The markets will get more nervous in the next week or so

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:49:09 PM

There was a Chinese dude from China in speculation forum warning everyone that the 31st Jan China thing is the real deal and the current deposit methods are not sustainable.

I also personally know someone in China who tells me the threat is the real deal. Even though im a super bull, personally I'm not buying any new btc till this whole thing is clear, price is way too Dependant on Chinese money ATM and there is evidence of fake Chinese volumes which means current price will collapse once China is out.

So that is why the price is so stable lately despite all the good news. People keep cash in their pockets waiting for the smoke to clear. IMO no matter what happens with China it won't affect the price much. They knew what's comming for more than a month.

Lodon

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:09:22 PM

Some are predicting the Chinese will start selling off before the deadline (right now they appear to be buying) because of the difficulty to cash out thereafter, most may just sell a portion of their holdings. The trend will definitely continue after the deadline and we also have the terms of the Fed, Silk Road, auction TBA.
nodroids

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:43:54 PM

All ways for getting money on and off exchanges will come to a halt on the 30th. I personally have gotten a little money out of a small percentage of BTC and remains on the exchange to buy back in a little lower. Day traders will probably trade and keep volume up until the very last couple of days. Then demand for BTC in China will probably wane significantly for a few months, and I'm hoping for $530 BTC.
Also the well to do Chinese are expected to hand out a lot of cash during Chinese New Year, (little red and gold envelopes), so I think overall, China will be getting very short BTC. So cobble together everything you can, and get it on your favourite exchange! "Beep Beep Beep" as my 2 year old would say for the trucks.
naurisdede

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:48:47 PM

So that is why the price is so stable lately despite all the good news. People keep cash in their pockets waiting for the smoke to clear. IMO no matter what happens with China it won't affect the price much. They knew what's comming for more than a month.
Exactly, China already got priced in. Not much will happen (in an negative way), more likely price will raise after this unclear situation. Maybe a mini-drop and then... Smiley
nodroids

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:02:41 PM

Mini drop is all my money on the exchange is holding out for. But I don't think we can rule out a drop towards $540 with the Fed Silkroad announcement.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 09:28:42 PM

All just bumps in the road, my friends.  I smell Freedom in the air.  Financial Freedom for everyone in the world.  This is the promise of Bitcoin.  This is just the beginning.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:48:07 AM

Where do you get your info? Gox is based in Tokyo. No idea who Bter are
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: