Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Startup and gaining visibility  (Read 195 times)
Callmeandy (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:26:05 PM

Any advices, how to get my campaign running ? so far, 3 days since ico is ready, but cant get over 10 followers for now.

★Fivestarminingnetwork Website (https://fivestarminingnetwork.com) ★ ★  Twitter (https://twitter.com/FiveMining)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:47:10 PM

Why do you think your project is worth 50+ Million Dollars?

(…)

Phase 1: Private sale only emailing support@fivestarminingnetwork.com 50% bonus ( starting may 25th 2018) 1 Billion tokens
Phase 2: USD $ 0.007 / per token, until 2 billion tokens sold or 1st April
Phase 2: USD $ 0.009 / per token, until 4 billion tokens sold or 30 September
Total tokens for sale 7 Billion

(…)
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:58:08 PM

Some reasons as to why you aren't getting any people to join your project, could definitely be:
your site is not written in proper english

you are using WordPress
if you want to raise 50 million(from earlier poster), you shouldn't use a slow wordpress site, doesn't look professional
your team doesn't look very legit
people from UK are engaged with the project, yet the site is written in bad english, and grammar mistakes? 'crowsale'
No whitepaper? No technical specifications?

It's clear the site itself isn't made by the team considering the only 'project specific' graphics looks like they're made with some free flowchart program.

All in all, I think your project and site looks like a scam, and that's probably why you don't get any followers.
It basically gives the impression of one of those old e-book landing pages, especially with the name.

actually LOL, you've literally just kept the description + pictures from here:
http://consulting.stylemixthemes.com/two/company-overview/our-team-list/

I take it you'd be Andy Veiss and the other 3 are not real people, or at least not tied to your project.

so to summarize, obvious scam if anything.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
ttookk

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:06:23 AM

Some reasons as to why you aren't getting any people to join your project, could definitely be:

you are using WordPress
if you want to raise 50 million(from earlier poster), you shouldn't use a slow wordpress site, doesn't look professional
people from UK are engaged with the project, yet the site is written in bad english, and grammar mistakes? 'crowsale'

It's clear the site itself isn't made by the team considering the only 'project specific' graphics looks like they're made with some free flowchart program.

All in all, I think your project and site looks like a scam, and that's probably why you don't get any followers.
It basically gives the impression of one of those old e-book landing pages, especially with the name.

I take it you'd be Andy Veiss and the other 3 are not real people, or at least not tied to your project.

Awww man, why did you have to throw the word scam around so early? I thought I could have some fun here... Tongue

(It's obviously either a scam and/or a fifteen year old thinking this is how they can become rich quick, but you always have to assume the best in people Smiley )
BQ

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:09:16 AM

you are using WordPress

Awww man, why did you have to throw the word scam around so early? I thought I could have had some fun here... Tongue

(It's obviously either a scam and/or a fifteen year old thinking this is how they can become rich quick, but you always have to assume the best in people Smiley )

What's the difference between it being a scam or a fifteen year old thinking it's how they can become rich?  Grin
Actually it'd be fun to see if this would gain any funding, seeing that anyone who spends more than a few minutes on the site can see the obvious flaws such as the fake team, no whitepaper etc -
if it'd still gain funding, it'd say alot about the current state of the ICO market  Roll Eyes  Undecided

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
ttookk

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:29:06 AM

(…)

What's the difference between it being a scam or a fifteen year old thinking it's how they can become rich?  Grin

(…)

The difference is that when you are fifteen and manage to get random people on the Internet to send you 50+ million Dollars, that's not a scam, that is fucking impressive.

I'd say eighteen is the magic number here. Once you turn eighteen, it becomes really criminal.
Callmeandy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 01:04:18 AM

I'm happy about you guys pointing out my bad points.

And i'm not 15 to get upset about it. Gives me advice where i have to work on.

In 21st century if you haven't noticed age isn't what makes difference, there is many young kids who achieved big thinks, look at Vitalik Buterin himself, made ethereum at what age ?

Yes, i'm not pure english , I'm from eastern europe.

Yes , i don't have any investors, or background money, to hire good team. All job i've done so far by making token, and website was my own initiative.

I'm not asking for 50 million on pre-sale, i was expecting it wont even reach 10% out of it, once money start coming in, team would have been hired, and work would start without delay, no doubts on that. I know loads of 40+ year olds make better looking sites and team, and scam people, while in my case, i'm looking for project to run.

And there was whitepaper, maybe not as good as you all ''professionals'' expected, but there is.

★Fivestarminingnetwork Website (https://fivestarminingnetwork.com) ★ ★  Twitter (https://twitter.com/FiveMining)
Callmeandy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 01:08:00 AM

(…)

Phase 1: Private sale only emailing support@fivestarminingnetwork.com 50% bonus ( starting may 25th 2018) 1 Billion tokens

(…)

Where did you get phase 2 phase 2 , as its not on my web.

ttookk

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:14:19 AM

(…)

(…)

Where did you get phase 2 phase 2 , as its not on my web.

Well, as you can see when you click on the quote's link, it's from your announcement thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4138223.msg38180570#msg38180570

I didn't even bother checking your website. And I won't bother with this anymore either.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:19:09 AM

I'm not asking for 50 million on pre-sale, i was expecting it wont even reach 10% out of it, once money start coming in, team would have been hired, and work would start without delay, no doubts on that. I know loads of 40+ year olds make better looking sites and team, and scam people, while in my case, i'm looking for project to run.

And there was whitepaper, maybe not as good as you all ''professionals'' expected, but there is.

If your not a reputed person then mostly no one believes in this online world because many people got cheated already. So if you want to prove you can do it then you need to find some private investors by convincing them that you can do things. But if you want to get funds from the public they expect all the things done professionally if not you may not get any investors because there are already tons of other projects are there to invest.
luckyFF

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:20:49 AM

Turn on airdrop incentives, which is what most people use to promote their coins.
Callmeandy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 01:24:00 AM

If your not a reputed person then mostly no one believes in this online world because many people got cheated already. So if you want to prove you can do it then you need to find some private investors by convincing them that you can do things. But if you want to get funds from the public they expect all the things done professionally if not you may not get any investors because there are already tons of other projects are there to invest.

totally agree. Sadly i've got no experience in looking for private investors, or doesn't have anyone in my list of people i'm contacting with.

Talking about scams , i agree, i've invested at some point into HRC, not much, but around 500$, turned out to be scam, didn't had no cashback.

Callmeandy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 01:25:46 AM

Turn on airdrop incentives, which is what most people use to promote their coins.

Will do , sadly wordpress is limiting my posibilities to do that, as its WP is very limited of what you can do on website, i think i've reached maximum out of my website already

BQ

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:13:41 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2018, 10:49:34 AM by BQ

I'm happy about you guys pointing out my bad points.

And i'm not 15 to get upset about it. Gives me advice where i have to work on.

In 21st century if you haven't noticed age isn't what makes difference, there is many young kids who achieved big thinks, look at Vitalik Buterin himself, made ethereum at what age ?

Yes, i'm not pure english , I'm from eastern europe.

Yes , i don't have any investors, or background money, to hire good team. All job i've done so far by making token, and website was my own initiative.

You can't call it a 'not a scam' while falsely marketing your project?
if 3/4 of your team isn't actually part of your team, yet you claim they are, that's false marketing and misdirecting investors.

And! In all honesty, it doesn't matter if you're from eastern Europe, or anywhere else -
if you actually want to collect money from people, by marketing your site in english, you really need to either teach yourself english, or pay someone, or actually team up with people who knows proper english.

I didn't mean to really bash your idea as much as I did, but you obviously know you didn't have your team, yet you claimed you did.
If you're honest about it, and realistic with your expectations, and truly have a project idea - I'm certain that you could collect some money.
Right now however, I can't see why anyone would give their money to you.

Also, what's the actual idea?
"Ultimately, FSMN’s network will expand to all online providers in any industry or business sector that has online payment capabilities"

Why does this require it's own Ethereum token? It's way too many projects today that exists without actual reason to - just a cash grab.

To summarize, I think you should:
Fix language
Invest in a proper site - wordpress is great, but doesn't give a very professional impression(+ loads super slow, too many bad plugins?)
Be transparent - don't pretend to have a team if you don't
Be realistic, don't put a $50m cap if all you have is a wordpress site and a one man team with broken english(not meaning to be rude, just honest!)
Adress:
Who will make this project a reality? You alone? Do you have any experience in the field?
Explain how your project will come alive, your whitepaper isn't really explaining any technical aspects
Consider renaming it - really sounds like a scam just by the name
Explain why your project has reason to exist.

I can't find any of those ICO ratings on their actual site. Another lie?

You realise this is a public thread and anyone googling this might very well find this and see that all you got is a wordpress site and that's about it?  Undecided
Be truthful, transparent and such - you might get some people to invest in it if it's a good idea.
You're not going to get anywhere really if 80% of your site is made up content.

And what about this:
"2 000 000 000 FSMN on private sale, all unsold tokens will be burned."
"2 000 000 000 FSMN all unsold tokens will be burned" <- no dot
"Total coins  at crowdsale 4 000 000 000 , all unsold coins will be burned." <- space after comma

Proof read!  Shocked

Callmeandy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:38:16 PM

Website was updated couple days ago, while google still shows some old bits. for some reason.

NIuok

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

Open a bounty thread, open an airdrop project, and reward you for the distribution of these projects. Let more people help you sell! Second, you need to go to more places to publish your project process!
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:20:27 PM

It is not easy to find private investors that are willing to go in on just any project and with so many scammers running amock, it is no surprise that a lot of people are very wary about the projects that they put their money into because no one wants to lose their hard earned money. They are out there though, might just take you a while to find them, if your project is good, then people would be willing to invest.
Callmeandy (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 05:36:16 PM

so far, the website has been updated.

looking for team post created, just in case someone got spare time.

coin added to be listed on multiple listing sites and medium blog created.

Web visitor amount from 8 daily, now is around 24+ daily.

socials also growing.

BQ

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:16:42 AM

so far, the website has been updated.

looking for team post created, just in case someone got spare time.

coin added to be listed on multiple listing sites and medium blog created.

Web visitor amount from 8 daily, now is around 24+ daily.

socials also growing.

those might be from here?  Roll Eyes
also hovering the left blue-spinning-box looks weird when it flips over, the text doesn't fit the box (Medium blog).
your "To be announced" on the team, all of them except 2 has it written twice? Either all should or none should!
and is that truly a placeholder or is it just to make it appear more legitimate?
Considering we're in the crypto sphere where much value is put on transparency, you should just be honest from the start!  Cool

the three boxes Private/Pre/Crowd-sale are also all of different height which is a bit annoying to see.
People often say that any project spending time on explaining how much their thing is going to be worth is a warning sign.
What did you base your graph data on? Shocked

"The more coins we buy back the fewer coins will be left in the market and the more valuable coin will be."
missing 'the' infront of 'coin'! it's your first paragraph.

I don't mean to bash your project(again  Cheesy) just odd that things go past unnoticed.

1e100

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 03:53:35 AM

The matter of fact your project is not trustworthy. That is the reason.
BQ gave you the best explanation anybody could give.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: