Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin prices go down, why altcoins prices also go down?  (Read 589 times)
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:59:13 PM

I want to ask you all, why if bitcoin price goes down, altcoins price also come down, what is alcoin-price bitcoin, please give me your answer.

Whenever bitcoin price goes down, people panic, that is also the reason why altcoin price goes down along with bitcoin price. Some might be selling their altcoin to get more bitcoin just before altcoin price goes down. I cannot find any other reason why altcoin price goes down aside from these reasons.
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:01:10 PM

Due to the fall in Bitcoin rates, the altcoins also decreased as a result of the influence of the coin on the remaining cryptos on the market. Whenever the exchange rate of BTC falls, it is evident that many investors sell BTC, which in turn leads to altcoins also affected by the association with altcoin / BTC and altcoin / ETH. So it is not difficult to understand that altcoins rates depend on BTC.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:01:35 PM

I want to ask you all, why if bitcoin price goes down, altcoins price also come down, what is alcoin-price bitcoin, please give me your answer.

It is actually very simple, most of the altcoins are mostly traded with BTC pair, so there actual price stays in satoshis and not any FIAT value.
Now, suppose an ALT is worth 500 satoshis while bitcoin price is USD 10K
After few months, the ALT is still worth 500 satoshis, whereas the bitcoin price comes down to half, i.e USD 5K

This will make the ALT price is FIAT come down by half as well, as even if its still 500 satoshis but the satoshi value is now half then what it was previously.
I guess, there is no way to simplify this.  Grin
Sinone

Activity: 597
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:04:25 PM

I think the Altcoin price follows bitcoin. Bitcoin is the head of the cryptocurrency, If the head is not being well then I don't think Altcoin will be being well.  Altcoins price depends on bitcoin. You can see, if bitcoin price ups again, Altcoin price will up too. So, this is why Bitcoin called the base of the crypto platform.
Hearunnet

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:17:17 AM

That is the manner by which bitcoin works they resemble together as one on the off chance that somebody on them in the best has drop it esteem or the cost available somebody likewise produces a results to go down moreover. bitcoin resembles a mother that bring forth them and they resemble twins if something transpire of them will likewise produce a results like the other one.
gayletot

Activity: 323

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:10:16 AM

I can say that because bitcoin really depends on coins, because it's the most powerful coin today so what's the market's estimate is the same with other coins.

devormity

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:21:57 AM

yes indeed altcoin prices always follow bitcoin prices, this happens because bitcoin is the biggest blockchain, and all the average exchange sites dominate exchanging with bitcoin. so when a lot of people are exchanging altcoin to bitcoin, bitcoin will be down and altcoin will also follow it.
Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:29:33 AM

It really because there's a fact that the behind of all movements of altcoins is only base or depends from the movements of Bitcoin which is unfortunately when the value of btc will fall, the value of altcoins will be fall also.
because altcoin always follow the movement of bitcoin so if bitcoin price decreased then altcoin price also decreased and until now even bitcoin price has not come back either just up and down and I hope if bitcoin price will soon return and can be profitable because already many people who invest in Bitcoin this
commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:32:19 AM

The correlation between altcoin and BTC is directly proportional where all alts depends on the sentiments of Bitcoin. When BTC down, all alts will follow. When BTC rise, all alts will temporarily down and eventually catch up with BTC.

That's why you need to know the position of BTC before making any trades, it will be your hint to what might happen next.
Kaifuku

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:35:44 AM

That's why you need to know the position of BTC before making any trades, it will be your hint to what might happen next.

I can't highlight this part enough. Historically altcoins performed the best when BTC was going sideways.
xcxcxxz52

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:39:48 AM

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies, and his value directly affects the trend of the entire market. All altcoins are produced by imitating bitcoin, but over time, I feel that their relationship is interdependent.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:52:41 AM

if I think the altcoin price depends on the bitcoin price as well. because bitcoin prices make the altcoin price benchmark because bitcoin is the parent of all coins altcoin
yes that is the basic formula of the bitcoin world that you must understand. that way you can take advantage of the market situation, if the market price falls then you should immediately buy and save in the long term. do not hesitate in holding bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
gentsy brink

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:40:44 AM

basically, Bitcoin is the first and most superior coin in the world of cryptocurrency. surely, the price of bitcoin become a reference for other coin prices like altcoin. but there are some altcoins that not referring to bitcoin prices. it's reasonable if the altcoin prices follow bitcoin prices.
handyhuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:42:09 AM

I think the basic formula of the bitcoin world that we must understand. In this way you can take advantage of the market situation, when the market price falls on then we should immediately have to buy and save it in the long term. you must not hesitate in holding bitcoin.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:49:55 AM

While that is true for some Alts, it is not true for all Altcoins. There are Altcoins that their prices go up even when Bitcoin price is down.
There is hardly any rule in this market, hold quality coins and do not panic sell.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:54:05 AM

Look, this is a general rule for alts and bitcoin :
bitcoin price up --->alts down
bitcoin price down ---> alts down
the only scenario where alts go up is when bitcoin price stabilize at high price , only then money move from bitcoin to alts and thus price go crazy.

Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:58:13 AM

I don't know why, since I started investing in the crypto money market, the trend of bitcoin will affect the trend of all tokens, which is a very mysterious phenomenon. Grin Grin

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:58:39 AM

Most of the people follow the price of bitcoin to invest on the crypto currencies so when the price falls people won't invest that much so the demand will get lowerd also the prices.But there is no need that this will happen always because lot of time the prices of some altcoins will sky rocket when the price of bitcoin is falling.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:09:29 AM

that is because some altcoin makes bitcoin values as benchmarks for example ETH/BTC, XLM/BTC, BCH/BTC. So when the bitocin price drops it is a sign of decreasing demand and it will also cause the demand on altcoin to decline this according to market logic. Some argue it is due to coincidence only because in fact the cryptocurrency is self-contained, and I see when bitcoin price drops there are some altcoin even up.

Tetep Mesem

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:24:40 AM

bitcoin is the benchmark of all second and third generation altcoins, if we give the name of the bitcoin as first generation cryptocurrency, so all subsequent doses of altcoin are Bitcoin, if the bitcoin falls then the coin of another person also goes down. but there are also some coins whose price rises if the bitcoin descends, cryptocurrency or altcoin stand-alone type, usually the coin has its own price without bitcoin relevance, although we can change the market into bitcoin form when trading.
I am looking for the development of the present at this Altcoin affects the price of the basic Altcoin. so with the presence of the Bitcoin experienced price reductions will not affect the price of the basic Altcoin. so Altcoin will still be able to generate the high price even though the position of the Bitcoin is low.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16 (http://sandblock.io)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: