Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:34:09 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

Hacking attacks are unpredictable and can happen at any time and with any exchange.
It doesn't mean that one should not be engaged in daily trade, it only means that we should store on exchanges that very amount of coins that we would not regret for in case this exchange gets hacked.
Thanks God I've never been in such a situation but I can imagine the feelings of those people who lost millions of dollars due to hack attacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:12:19 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
We do only barely see for an exchange to be hacked but same as said it would really be possible anytime and if you do make use an exchange to be your wallet of your coins then it would really be risky but still there are people who do make such thing because they can easily trade out actively if those coins are on exchange wallet unlike if you do still need to transfer it into other wallet then it would really cause some delays of your trades.

Vivif

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:25:04 PM

Many thanks sir. before I also ever lose some of my coins in exchange, I do not feel withdrawal the coins. Since then I did not dare put coins on the exchange. and one more about my bad experience, somehow I copy-paste my btc address in the trezor wallet and I send a btc number to that address. but after I realized because my btc never arrived at my trezor wallet, btc address is changed instead of my trezor wallet that I used earlier. and I checked in his TX history was changed. not the wallet. I suggest to do a wallet check before pressing send button
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:35:26 PM

It is not always the case, as some people do not have access to a secure wallet that can be kept all the time e.g. travellers. So for some holding them on an exchange is fine, but it should be spread out to multiple exchanges so if one is hacked you won't lose everything

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
vishudda

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:45:05 PM

Yes, there are many exchanges, which are turning up as scams. We don’t know when they shut down the business. It is safe to hold your coins on your Myetherwallet followed by safe guidelines in using MEW. and there is a chance to get hacked by the hackers, all the money which is in the exchange will be gone if the website get compromised.
It is advised to transfer your funds to your personal wallet where you only will have complete control about your wallet.

ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:00:23 PM

It is not always the case, as some people do not have access to a secure wallet that can be kept all the time e.g. travellers. So for some holding them on an exchange is fine, but it should be spread out to multiple exchanges so if one is hacked you won't lose everything
I can not understand What is the difficulty for a traveler to have access to the exchange and not have access to his wallet? If someone has one, then there must be another one, too. In any case, keep your money on the exchanger and the exchange is very dangerous, even if these funds are concentrated on several exchangers.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:39:30 PM

Really a wise suggestion, the long-held coin's particularly vulnerable to the existence of thieving reconnaissance either by the hacker or the owner of the exchange account.
Anandhi

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:53:21 PM

Really a wise suggestion, the long-held coin's particularly vulnerable to the existence of thieving reconnaissance either by the hacker or the owner of the exchange account.

The other thing that could lead us to regret if we hold our coins on exchanger is, when there is an airdrop for coin holders or when there is a hardfork, we will miss the opportunity to get those free money.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:10:50 PM

Although that's true and agreeable, it's just difficult for people to not hold their coins, especially when the market is not doing good or the coin itself is not doing good. If they will dispose it, say after a certain amount of time, without considering its value, then it would actually be difficult to get a profit, because in the event that it doing that strategy won't do you no good, then it would be a wasteful move. This market is just so open to plan changes depending on what's happening.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:30:29 PM

Most of the peoples are holding the investment in wallet only but many day traders only hold the exchanging sites because they are always buying and selling continuously so exchanging site is good for the day traders and others are holding the investment in hardware wallet or online wallet.

That's right. In this market, "time" is really a secondary factor if we're talking about value. It's just so difficult to actually base your investment plan on time because this market is just so unpredictable that changes may come after a short or long while. That happens all the time, which is why, every move here is more of a "case to case" basis.

uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:31:25 PM

Storing the coins in an exchange is not the best idea because of the security issue it possesses because of the rate at which some of the exchanges gets compromised using hardware wallet is the best way to avoid these sort of issues and no one in the right sense store their coins in exchanges. Smiley
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:31:34 PM

One of the most important moves for cryptocurrency traders is nt to hodl on exchanges they should hodl coins in hardware wallets like Trezor and Ledger Nano
Dynamic218

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:33:50 PM

Holding make the most profit for you
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:47:14 PM

The other thing that could lead us to regret if we hold our coins on exchanger is, when there is an airdrop for coin holders or when there is a hardfork, we will miss the opportunity to get those free money.

You won't necessarily miss out on your 'free' fork coins in case the exchange you are using is known to issue them quickly after the split took place. I think this actually gives people more incentive to keep their coins on specific exchanges during a looming fork. Exchanges as Yobit and HitBTC are mostly the first ones to allow trading of these fork coins, and the 'pre-market' value is always way higher than the value when exchanges actually enable the outside world to deposit their fork coins. IIRC, the 'pre-market' value of BCH on Bittrex topped 0.4 BTC briefly, which was just crazy. Now people have seen that happen, they know what to do in order to dump fork coins as soon as possible for the highest price....
Febriana98

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:59:28 PM

I don't really understand why hackers can hack the site of an exchanger, but it's also good we do not long to keep our coins in the exchanger, to anticipate things we don't want...
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:50:44 PM

For me, instead of looking at my ventures on the aspect of "time", I just see where I should go through my investment in the aspect of "profit". I usually set a profit goal or margin that I have to closely, if not, concretely reach before I would dispose off the coins I hold. I do that because, like everyone else, my main objective in doing cryptocurrency ventures is to gain profit. Therefore, I don't just set a time and trade my coins out when that time comes because I would not mean that if I held a coin for long that it would always yield a profit.

4abrec

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:31:34 PM

I agree but partly. I will explain why, there are different situations, one of them is an active day trading, which does not allow long to store funds in wallets. Because they are always in circulation. You just have to be very careful.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:40:06 PM

I agree but partly. I will explain why, there are different situations, one of them is an active day trading, which does not allow long to store funds in wallets. Because they are always in circulation. You just have to be very careful.

Holding your token on any exchange site is not safe because its only for in and out basis, we dont know how long this exchange site will run and a lot of hacker are always there to take out your token.
Using a hardware wallet to store your token is advisable to use.
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:59:01 PM

I don't really understand why hackers can hack the site of an exchanger, but it's also good we do not long to keep our coins in the exchanger, to anticipate things we don't want...
Ever heard the phrase "No system is safe."?? Smiley

It do get us to wonder why some exchanges are being hacked, do they don't have good security?, do they don't have any security protocols or is their site that easy for hackers to enter?

On the other hand, hackers will always be hackers and it is their goal to make any system available for them. They will do everything and anything to get into a system which will boost their assets as well as their ego because once a system is entered, it became an achievement to them.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:01:28 AM

I agree with you, if we holding coin on the exchange will be many risks like coin hack, exchange stopped and other problems.
I recommendation use hardware wallet like ledger or trezor because of high security.
But you must keep the 24-word seed to recovery.
Even with the exchanges our funds were secure. For this we need to select the best exchange service, because one with the best reputation will never let their users get scammed or get into any security issues. Holding on exchanges and different trading platforms were good for daily traders.
This is not a problem if you are holding coin on any exchange for a long time because the exchange is yours and you will need to handle that so where the risk or difficulty will occur? The best choice is to trade without any friction and to sell rapidly if you are in profit.

You will must be holding coin for a long time if you bought the coin on high price and then waiting for the price to go higher. So this is a false decision to buy coin in a high market, you need to buy in a low market so as to remove and prevent yourself on holding coin in an exchange for long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: