Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

Indeed the risk in trading is very large, especially with the hackers who often target someone's wallet so many are concerned and they prefer to sell an asset as quickly as possible even though prices have not yet peaked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alminium

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:01:44 PM

Yes, depending on the extent of your experience and circulation. If you buy and sell every day, you should keep your currency for a while, but as a rule, it is always better to transfer to your wallet as long as you do not want to use your cryptocurrency. Hackers from all over the world after that and they use anything to get that money. Exchange is not a wallet. Just keep the amount of money you want to trade always.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:07:44 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
Agreed, but then again not having some coins on standby for any urgent exchange can cost you from failing to buy some cheap coins as network gets congested at times and such should never be your worry.

But better to be on the safe side coins should be kept in your personal wallet.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:00:35 AM

I think they just make account, they just put tokens without reading the term and conditions and security verifications, I think if you can properly verified your account with mobile verification email verification and 2F Authentication than your account is secured, Hacker has no chance to steal your money and you are free from loss, I think if you do proper verification than it is best for your accounts Money,
margaret22

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:26:11 AM

We all know, that holding money on an exchange is not safe, but it is just so much more comfortable to do, instead of sending the money in and out the exchange. Bad habbit to keep it there for many of us I guess Smiley

RenBct

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:42:37 AM

For me if you are planning to hold you tokens don't hold it in a exchange and hold it in a very secure place like a ledger because you only have a access on that ledger but of course sometimes if you don't but a ledger in it's web you can get a malware on your device.

robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:43:43 AM

Indeed the risk in trading is very large, especially with the hackers who often target someone's wallet so many are concerned and they prefer to sell an asset as quickly as possible even though prices have not yet peaked.
To some extent this statement is right and to some extent this statement is just a stupid thing. We all know this better that bitcoins are amazing and they can be on holding for long time to earn big profits. We all know this as well too that prices are potential to jump on moon so we may be seeing the best of prices in later times. So keeping your coins in wallet doesn’t have any issue with this.
ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

Can you please tell me the truth, but depending on the price and condition of the body you should keep it long or sell it as fast as possible, depending on the circumstances we have not said before.
Rainbow009

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

I don't think it's safe to hold your coins on a centralized exchange for a long time.
bots1

Activity: 895
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:59:43 PM

so far my wallet in the exchanger is still safe from 2016 until now. all my wallets are in poloniex exchanger, binance, bitrex, tidex, hitbtc, z-bit and indodax. I think hackers will steal the assets of careless people, such as not activating 2fa on their wallet exchangers or phishing in the form of cloning website. keep wallets in the wallet offline is more secure, but the impact is more risky virus. IMO

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
seinzein

Activity: 360
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

That's absolutely right, because it often happen,
Even a great exchange like etherdelta.
Last year my friend lost his coin.
It cost almost 1 btc.
He was so stress and regret what he has done.
It could be our lesson that daving in our wallet that we have the control or the private key, it"s much better and save.
Never hold in long time. I know sometimes we lazy to transfer it. But when you lost it, you will regret the whole life.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

agreed that's why i would say decentralized exchanges are future
Yeah, decentralized exchanges are definitely the future, but the thing is that we are not even there yet, because even decentralized exchanges as it is are still susceptible to hacks at least from what we have seen over the years with the likes of EtherDelta.

Yes, there would be a lot of improvement in the long run, but we are simply not there yet. For now, the best way is to just only make use of your wallets and unless you are really looking forward to make some trades, it is better to always leave only what you want to trade with on an exchange.
vinbentrob

Activity: 210

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

I will even go a step further to say don't hold your coin on any exchange if you are not planning to trade.  Whenever you are in a situation where you do not have control over your coin,  you should know that such situation is precarious!

AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:53:41 PM

There are just those who keeps waiting for the trade to be in a reasonable price before they sell. While their coins are standing in the edge of hacks in the exchanges, and they weren't aware of it even a single bit of it. The ignorance is what leads them the most to regret in the end. I had done this quite a time, never got hacked but I am surely aware that there is always that 100% risks that a certain trading sites might get hack with just one click.
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:30:07 PM

I hold my tokens NEM on HitBTC more than 8 months, and I didn't worried about it, because have 2FA access to account
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:36:02 PM

really...saving coins in exchange is very risky, better keep our coins in the wallet and have good security. we never know how the exchange will continue, if we forget, and it could also be that if the exchange is a scam then we will lose our money entirely.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:38:47 PM

There are just those who keeps waiting for the trade to be in a reasonable price before they sell. While their coins are standing in the edge of hacks in the exchanges, and they weren't aware of it even a single bit of it. The ignorance is what leads them the most to regret in the end. I had done this quite a time, never got hacked but I am surely aware that there is always that 100% risks that a certain trading sites might get hack with just one click.

I agree to this. There are a lot of people who hold on to their coin in order to gain more money from it, in the hopes that their coin’s value would increase. However, knowing that cryptocurrencies are volatile in nature, one must study the trends carefully and to know the best time they can buy or sell coins. It is hard to enter into cryptocurrencies without studying the basics first.

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
I don't really understand why hackers can hack the site of an exchanger, but it's also good we do not long to keep our coins in the exchanger, to anticipate things we don't want...
Ever heard the phrase "No system is safe."?? Smiley

It do get us to wonder why some exchanges are being hacked, do they don't have good security?, do they don't have any security protocols or is their site that easy for hackers to enter?

On the other hand, hackers will always be hackers and it is their goal to make any system available for them. They will do everything and anything to get into a system which will boost their assets as well as their ego because once a system is entered, it became an achievement to them.

This statement is true if the market is good and green for sellers and you are not selling that will waste your time if you hold for long term. The long term is valid in case you are investing in a low market and now waiting for a high market so you have to keep it with your self and not in an exchange account and when the price goes high you can simply place your coins in exchange.

jwenbu

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:14:13 PM

Probably its a great advice. Its better to be safe than losing your money. We have to be more secure if we can save in our personal wallet.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:01:38 PM

but I think it's safer to keep a coin in an exchange wallet because its security is stronger and has a more ordinary value seeing the change in coin prices in grip

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████