Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tigerdirect is now accepting bitcoin!!!  (Read 2624 times)
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:56:51 PM

So...because the first order was royally botched...I got lots of gift certificates because that is the only way you will get anything back after sending your
bitcoin to them if they don't send you products.

Second verse, same as the first.  Used my certs to buy another order, used bitcoin to pay the balance and get the 20.00 discount for paying with bitcoin.

Waited three days, and finally decided to contact support again after noticing "Not Shipped" was yet again the default for bitcoin purchases.

Had to contact support, reminded them they could look up transactions themselves on Blockchain.info and that they were quite incompetent to be accepting
a currency they cannot seem to process despite it being already in their bank as US Dollars.  Had to give them the transaction ID to the transaction they
requested I complete last saturday. 

Noticed they overcharged me again in taxes (something you may want to check with every order, as it is getting me close to free shipping every time now, in the form of yet another gift certificate).

So, hopefully later today a manager will declare I have in fact paid and release my order...5 days after ordering.  I am unimpressed Tiger.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:36:59 PM

So...because the first order was royally botched...I got lots of gift certificates because that is the only way you will get anything back after sending your
bitcoin to them if they don't send you products.

Second verse, same as the first.  Used my certs to buy another order, used bitcoin to pay the balance and get the 20.00 discount for paying with bitcoin.

Waited three days, and finally decided to contact support again after noticing "Not Shipped" was yet again the default for bitcoin purchases.

Had to contact support, reminded them they could look up transactions themselves on Blockchain.info and that they were quite incompetent to be accepting
a currency they cannot seem to process despite it being already in their bank as US Dollars.  Had to give them the transaction ID to the transaction they
requested I complete last saturday. 

Noticed they overcharged me again in taxes (something you may want to check with every order, as it is getting me close to free shipping every time now, in the form of yet another gift certificate).

So, hopefully later today a manager will declare I have in fact paid and release my order...5 days after ordering.  I am unimpressed Tiger.

Sad. I guess you are just going to have to wait for newegg to accept bitcoin.

hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 04:27:42 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 04:58:29 PM by hennessyhemp

I also learned that despite it being the same company (TigerDirect.com), the retail location near me would not accept my Online Gift Card, which makes me furious.  I am relegated to dealing with their Florida office who seem totally incompetent.

Don't bother with Online support chat associates, you will have to call and get someone during the day Mon-Friday before 4:30pm Eastern or you're SOL in terms of getting things done.

Soon enough, New Egg, Fry's, and CDW will accept btc and I won't have to manually release my orders.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:07:44 PM

I also learned that despite it being the same company (TigerDirect.com), the retail location near me would not accept my Online Gift Card, which makes me furious.  I am relegated to dealing with their Florida office who seem totally incompetent.

Don't bother with Online support chat associates, you will have to call and get someone during the day Mon-Friday before 4:30pm Eastern or you're SOL in terms of getting things done.

Soon enough, New Egg, Fry's, and CDW will accept btc and I won't have to manually release my orders.

Have you got in touch with a manager?

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:08:25 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 07:22:49 PM by matt4054

I've been trying to access TigerDirect.com for 48 hours now, always getting this:

Code:
Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tigerdirect.com/" on this server.
Reference <some_ref_here_variable_with_each_request>

I thought my IP was blacklisted for some reason (previous DHCP leaser was compromised and DDoSing or something alike), but I have tried from a different ISP and I'm still getting the same. Even when proxying from Google Translate, same error (translated...).

According to their Twitter everything is OK for them.

Both IPs that I used were from Switzerland, but if they were geo-locating and rejecting foreign IPs for some reason, I would expect to be redirected to some service page instead of a plain 403 Forbidden page.

So any ideas why I can't access their website? Can you?

Edit: tried from a Rackspace IP using one of my VPS, it works from there.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

I've been trying to access TigerDirect.com for 48 hours now, always getting this:

Code:
Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tigerdirect.com/" on this server.
Reference <some_ref_here_variable_with_each_request>

I thought my IP was blacklisted for some reason (previous DHCP leaser was compromised and DDoSing or something alike), but I have tried from a different ISP and I'm still getting the same. Even when proxying from Google Translate, same error (translated...).

According to their Twitter everything is OK for them.

Both IPs that I used were from Switzerland, but if they were geo-locating and rejecting foreign IPs for some reason, I would expect to be redirected to some service page instead of a plain 403 Forbidden page.

So any ideas why I can't access their website? Can you?

Edit: tried from a Rackspace IP using one of my VPS, it works from there.

works for me, ya
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:23:36 PM

works for me, ya

Thanks for reporting, I'm obviously 'collateral damage' in a wider ban.

I sent an e-mail to their customer care regarding the issue.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: