Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are the most important factors about a crypto coin that makes it valuable?
The total amount that will be mined - 9 (7.1%)
The development team behind the coin - 34 (27%)
The community behind the coin - 25 (19.8%)
A no pre-mine / fair launch coin - 20 (15.9%)
The ability to spent the coin in real life - 15 (11.9%)
Being on a "larger" exchange like cryptsy - 12 (9.5%)
The design / logo - 1 (0.8%)
The originality of the coin (name, innovation, etc) - 10 (7.9%)
Other; reply and enlighten us - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] - This is what makes an crypto currency valuable ~~ DON'T MISS THIS 1 ~~  (Read 727 times)
MysticDOGE (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:29:25 PM

I've seen many poll topics where the big question is; What is the best coin to mine / what is the best coin / who is better then the other.
This one is different.

Instead of naming a coin, we look into what makes a coin valuable.
Is it: the total amount of coins (ronpaulcoin / 42)? the originality/funfactor (doge / earthcoin)? Extremely committed, active and responsive devs (klondike)?

Or is the question behind the question:
Why do you mine the coin you are mining right now? What are your good reasons to go for coin X?

Just like you, im curious. Share your thoughts and insights and add to this discussion of what makes a coin valuable.

3 votes per member.

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:26:48 PM

for some, it is hype.

but hype will just kill a coin because people insta dump it once the hype train is over, and if coin is not properly protected, it will also be dead hash-wise once the multipools jump off the coin and leave you with a sky high difficulty.

Hype should be organic and grow with the community, if the coin is good by itself it doesn't need extra hype to grow.

That being said, good dev team is a must and then a fair no pre-mine launch is another good factor to ensure the success of a coin. Just look at KDC for example, devs are buying up their own coin because they didn't pre-mine, contrary to what most coins do that pre-mine 1-3% and then dump most of that onto the first exchange that accepts the coin.

MysticDOGE (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:16:14 AM

for some, it is hype.

but hype will just kill a coin because people insta dump it once the hype train is over, and if coin is not properly protected, it will also be dead hash-wise once the multipools jump off the coin and leave you with a sky high difficulty.

Hype should be organic and grow with the community, if the coin is good by itself it doesn't need extra hype to grow.

That being said, good dev team is a must and then a fair no pre-mine launch is another good factor to ensure the success of a coin. Just look at KDC for example, devs are buying up their own coin because they didn't pre-mine, contrary to what most coins do that pre-mine 1-3% and then dump most of that onto the first exchange that accepts the coin.

I think active and committed dev's are very important for the value of a coin too.

DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:07:28 PM

i think the community can carry a coin to higher value. a higher amount of coins too, its more fun to mine a million than just 100.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
MysticDOGE (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:29:44 PM

i think the community can carry a coin to higher value. a higher amount of coins too, its more fun to mine a million than just 100.

Yes, thats is why 42 or 66 isnt something for me. I rather have 1 million coins then 0.0001

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: