Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:56:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don't people understand Bitcoin will end all currency?  (Read 1784 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:09:07 AM

I don't get it?

Gold isn't the answer.
kolev

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

My name is Nikolay and am a webaholic.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:17:25 AM

People usually don't get other people's delusions.

Bitrated user: nikolay.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:24:33 AM

Unlikely it will end all currency.   But certainly it's an improvement on the way many transactions are done.

It is true though that in some very unstable/poor countries bitcoin could eventually become the main form of currency ,  that will most likely be the exception and not the norm though IMO and thats still a few decades away.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:25:28 AM

Unlikely it will end all currency.   But certainly it's an improvement on the way many transactions are done.

It is true though that in some very unstable/poor countries bitcoin could eventually become the main form of currency ,  that will most likely be the exception and not the norm though IMO and thats still a few decades away.

Blockbuster vs Netflix

Sorry bro, fiat money is going out of business, Bitcoin is here to replace how we transfer value on a global scale.

It cannot be beaten and only one can survive.

Gold isn't the answer.
kolev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:29:53 AM

Blockbuster vs Netflix
t be beaten and only one can survive.
You know Redbox is doing pretty well, indeed. So well that it even has copycats these days. Napster didn't survive either, but we have Spotify now, which isn't anything like Napster. You pick analogies that serve you well. Remember Webvan, too? Remember DotCom at all?

Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:33:29 AM

Blockbuster vs Netflix
t be beaten and only one can survive.
You know Redbox is doing pretty well, indeed. So well that it even has copycats these days. Napster didn't survive either, but we have Spotify now, which isn't anything like Napster. You pick analogies that serve you well. Remember Webvan, too? Remember DotCom at all?

You mention Napster vs Spotify.

Fail.

Gold isn't the answer.
BTCisthefuture

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:36:45 AM

Blockbuster vs Netflix

Sorry bro, fiat money is going out of business, Bitcoin is here to replace how we transfer value on a global scale.

Obviously we disagree on the issue of bitcoin "replacing all currencies" and thats fine. I suppose only time will tell.

For now I'm more focused on seeing bitcoin overcome current road blocks such as better ease of use, security, adoption, volatility etc etc so it can begin to be used as a more practical means of spending money. Currently bitcoin still isn't very realistic in day to day transactions let alone  'replacing all currencies'. I'll come back to the 'replacing all currencies' talk when bitcoin starts overcoming it's current issues, and who knows maybe decades from now my opionon will change, but as of right now i dont see it replacing all currencies ,  i simply see it as an improved way of transactions that works as a layer on top of other systems and works side by side with them, not replaces them.

xdigital

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:38:45 AM

+1 for this
People usually don't get other people's delusions.

People who think bitcoin will replace fiat currency are delusional  Smiley
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:47:22 AM

Blockbuster vs Netflix

Obviously we disagree on the issue of bitcoin "replacing all currencies" and thats fine. I suppose only time will tell.

For now I'm more focused on seeing bitcoin overcome current road blocks such as better ease of use, security, adoption, volatility etc etc so it can begin to be used as a more practical means of spending money. Currently bitcoin still isn't very realistic in day to day transactions let alone  'replacing all currencies'. I'll come back to the 'replacing all currencies' talk when bitcoin starts overcoming it's current issues, and who knows maybe decades from now my opionon will change, but as of right now i dont see it replacing all currencies ,  i simply see it as an improved way of transactions that works as a layer on top of other systems and works side by side with them, not replaces them.

Compared to currency, Bitcoin has very little issues.

Gold isn't the answer.
kolev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:50:42 AM

Fail.

Obviously you don't follow Bitcoin very well - outside of "Email of money", some were calling it "Napster for finance". It doesn't take a big brain to get what I meant!

Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:01:05 AM

Fail.

Obviously you don't follow Bitcoin very well - outside of "Email of money", some were calling it "Napster for finance". It doesn't take a big brain to get what I meant!

Obviously you don't know too much.

Gold isn't the answer.
BTCisthefuture

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:19:15 AM

Blockbuster vs Netflix

Compared to currency, Bitcoin has very little issues.

Now I suspect you're just trolling for responses so I'll make this my last post.

But you are certainly welcome to back up claims like that by converting all your life saves and receiving your salary 100% in bitcoin and then documenting the experience of living solely on bitcoins.

Others have documented that experiment and the end result has always been the same thus far, it's much easier to survive on current currencies (at least in developed worlds)  than it is bitcoin. Bitcoin may get there some day but it's not there yet and still has quite a few obstacles to overcome. 

anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:44:25 AM

Bitcoin probably won't end all currency but cryptocurrency will probably end most fiat currency use. The only thing left to wonder is if staunch defenders of the state like Krugman and company will cling to their fiat currencies like goldbugs cling to their various shiny commodities. In the future will there be a small community of hardcore fiat users?

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:19:20 AM

Will Bitcoin End All Currency?

It give us a tool to do so if we wish? And who knows maybe it will organically form into that Future.
The alt and micro coins along with other tallying systems may work together to move money in ways it never has before.
Who will need money when everything is Automatically done?? sentient machines may manage our finances for us,
leaving us to simply control our destinies without worrying about the details.

We can build this now, but man is it ever going to take a lot of work.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 06:39:21 AM

As a proponent of a resource based economy, I hope that bitcoin does help point out to humanity the absurdity of money and let them see how we can organize human society much more humanely around using science and technology for the benefit of all people.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 06:45:57 AM

too many scammers and no way to get them. Lot's of people have lost a lot of BTC me included. I love the concept of BTC but with no way to track and trace the scammers it does leave a bit of a sour taste!

lensgrabber

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

too many scammers and no way to get them. Lot's of people have lost a lot of BTC me included. I love the concept of BTC but with no way to track and trace the scammers it does leave a bit of a sour taste!

Can you share what happened in case it helps others?

Bitcoin will never replace fiat or precious metals, however, I do see it taking a big stab at the credit card industry.  There are too many fees associated with credit and debit transactions.  I see Mom and Pop stores possibly offering Bitcoin discounts to people that choose that over credit/debit.  1 to 5% doesn't sound like that much but it adds up over time.  A great shop near me would accept Visa and Mastcard but did not take Discover.  The reason, 7% fee.  They could justify whatever MC/V was charging but couldn't do the 7% (nor would I if I owned a shop).  Bitcoin is set to change all of this.   Of course cash is still king. Smiley
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:18:56 PM

I don't get it?

"Why don't people understand Bitcoin will end all currency?"

Because it won't?

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:20:47 PM

Because there's still a chance it won't be Bitcoin specifically that does it.
DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:13:27 PM

It can't replace all currencies, there will always be millions of poor people with no access to computers and smart phones.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: