Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (WTS) 1 Baht Gold Bar  (Read 1869 times)
jonanon (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:30:44 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 01:07:06 PM by jonanon

EDIT2: OK I will accept escrow. But will only sell to very, very trusted members.

I have a 1 Baht Thai gold bar for sale - (96.5%). Total weight is 15.244 grams.

I will accept 20,600 THB in either THB or BTC. THB can be sent via WU. International shipping can be either by EMS or DHL and you have to cover the fees for this.

I'm not accepting escrow for this sale and will not ship until I have the funds on hand.

I can get more of these, different designs and different weights from 0.5 Baht up to 10 Baht bars.

Buying Thai gold is one of the cheapest ways to pay as close to spot as possible for even the smallest bars.

Please see pics below and post on here if your interested.

EDIT: I would prefer payment in THB - Prices in BTC will be 15% more expensive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:39:59 AM

No escrow? What prompted you to make that decision?
jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:42:39 AM

I'm not shipping anything of value if there is even the remotest possibility that I would not get the funds.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:49:38 AM

I'm not shipping anything of value if there is even the remotest possibility that I would not get the funds.

Err .... that's the idea of escrow. To protect both parties when trading something of value.

Do you think the buyer doesn't have same feelings as you about not wanting to be ripped off?
jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:55:03 AM

Err .... that's the idea of escrow. To protect both parties when trading something of value.

Do you think the buyer doesn't have same feelings as you about not wanting to be ripped off?

Possibly yes. However I am the one selling the gold and these are my terms. I don't like the idea of shipping something to someone without having the money on hand, that's generally how business works. You order something online, pay your money and then the goods are delivered.
austin

Activity: 584

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:59:29 AM

Possibly yes. However I am the one selling the gold and these are my terms. I don't like the idea of shipping something to someone without having the money on hand, that's generally how business works. You order something online, pay your money and then the goods are delivered.
Yes, but this is Bitcoin. Most online retailers use a reversible payment system. If your gold is fake or you just don't send it, the buyer loses their money and there's not much they can do about it.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:00:07 AM

That's what happens with trusted established businesses. But this is bitcointalk with a scam a day and you have no trading reputation.

If you think anyone is going to send you 20,500B in advance and "hope" they receive a piece of gold in the post, you are dreaming ... or worse.

jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:01:18 AM

Yes, but this is Bitcoin. Most online retailers use a reversible payment system. If your gold is fake or you just don't send it, the buyer loses their money and there's not much they can do about it.
Agreed, but if the buyer claims the gold is fake or claims they didn't receive it there's not much I could do about that aswell.
jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:04:24 AM

That's what happens with trusted established businesses. But this is bitcointalk with a scam a day and you have no trading reputation.

If you think anyone is going to send you 20,500B in advance and "hope" they receive a piece of gold in the post, you are dreaming ... or worse.

I'm just putting it out there, if no one wants it that's fair enough.

I'd also be happy to do cash in person but that would suggest you were in Thailand so could simply but it yourself for a bit less.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:05:04 AM

Agreed, but if the buyer claims the gold is fake or claims they didn't receive it there's not much I could do about that aswell.

Perhaps they didn't receive it. Perhaps it is fake ........ you understand yet? Nobody is going to take this deal.

I'll do the same deal and do it through escrow. I can walk down the road and buy a baht of gold today and will sell for same price as you, but escrow it. Why won't you?
jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:10:27 AM

Perhaps they didn't receive it. Perhaps it is fake ........ you understand yet? Nobody is going to take this deal.

I'll do the same deal and do it through escrow. I can walk down the road and buy a baht of gold today and will sell for same price as you, but escrow it. Why won't you?

Quite simply I don't want to take any risk.

At the end of the day I had a baht of gold lying around and thought I'd put it on here to see response.

Also if you check my signature it is the same as yours - getting in to a long drawn out conversation about escrow can only benefits us both wouldn't you say?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:15:03 AM

At the end of the day I had a baht of gold lying around and thought I'd put it on here to see response.

Also if you check my signature it is the same as yours - getting in to a long drawn out conversation about escrow can only benefits us both wouldn't you say?

You don't want to take any risk, but you want to load 100% of risk onto buyer. Just pointing out it will never work. If you can't see that, fine.

Walk into a gold shop and sell it there Smiley
jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:20:53 AM

You don't want to take any risk, but you want to load 100% of risk onto buyer. Just pointing out it will never work. If you can't see that, fine.

Walk into a gold shop and sell it there Smiley

I wasn't banking on someone buying it was just an idea to make $10 profit on a sale.

No point selling it here as I could only get thai prices for it so would rather hang on to it.

I know where you're coming from, I'm not daft, I had nothing better to do so it was worth a shot and someone still may buy it, once I've sold one it would be easier to sell more.

Smiley
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

you're better off posting something like this in your respected country forum here. tracking etc will be a lot easier to manage within the same country. also a lot of customs will confiscate metals. i know ive seen this a few times when looking into mailing things to myself.

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:40:16 AM

you're better off posting something like this in your respected country forum here. tracking etc will be a lot easier to manage within the same country. also a lot of customs will confiscate metals. i know ive seen this a few times when looking into mailing things to myself.

Well not really someone in Thailand could just buy this bar themselves direct, no need to pay a small markup. I've shipped silver to the UK before with no issues just mark the item as gift.
DrahogErusiel

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:16:14 AM

Well not really someone in Thailand could just buy this bar themselves direct, no need to pay a small markup. I've shipped silver to the UK before with no issues just mark the item as gift.

your choice. on this forum selling anything requires escrow most the time. even between two trusted parties.

jonanon (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:24:42 AM

your choice. on this forum selling anything requires escrow most the time. even between two trusted parties.

That doesn't make sense, no one would buy from with Thailand so your idea is shocking.
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:18:18 PM

1 thai baht is 3 cents do you realize that?
DrahogErusiel

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:19:16 PM

That doesn't make sense, no one would buy from with Thailand so your idea is shocking.

be prepaired to be even more shocked when no one takes your offer. Im just letting you know how it goes on here and as a friend i have no interested in harming your sale. just wanted to let you know my experience, cheers and good luck with the sale.

abomnibus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

1 thai baht is 3 cents do you realize that?

Just for clarification purposes, this 'baht' in addition to being a very small unit of currency, is also term they use for weighting gold in Thailand.
As the poster mentioned its 15 grams. which is very close to 1/2 oz
Right now 1 oz of gold is worth about 1260 usd,  so half is 630 usd.
1 THB = 33 USD
So 630 x 33 = 20790 THB so the posters asking price is fair assuming its real gold.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: