Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The new face of Catcoin contest  (Read 8944 times)
johnny_non (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:34:00 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 11:31:51 AM by johnny_non

Our cat is growing and with it changes have happened.
We are now looking for your submissions as to what may become the face of catcoin.
All ideas are welcome and will be taken into consideration...
it would be easy for the developers and marketing to take their own ideas and run.
But Catcoin is about the community and everyone's voice matters.
So please present your ideas and input, and know you are part of something special...
Thank you to all who have supported us
and may the cat be with you

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmp68

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:28:20 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 04:22:24 AM by tmp68

I still like my suggestion for this overall design although this specific rendition could use a few more subtle details.

https://i.imgur.com/RmLJnD5.gif

EDIT
I realized today I didn't like the C that much and edited my file. Please keep in mind that I was thinking of the pawprint with this unique C would make a good symbol for CatCoin, not necessarily the entire coin I made.

I don't think that CatCoin needs to be that serious in design... If it was supposed to be a very serious coin then it wouldn't be called CatCoin and I think it'd be a mistake to try to make it too serious now.

I do think the important features for the design are something appealing, simple (for adaptation for many purposes), easily recognizable (Hence my choice to change the C), and containing some sort of cat essence.

https://i.imgur.com/w07gDZI.jpg
nebajoth

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:37:30 AM

Coins cannot take center stage. They are meant to be expendable. They are meant to be spendable. At the end of
the day, a successful coin is one which can be spent. It is good to create a bond of affection with the denomination
you use as currency, but it is not good to form such a bond that it becomes painful to release them. You should
feel affection for them, find comfort in their presence when you have them, but ultimately be able to spend time
apart from them. Like cats.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/31o7innys2fnani/catcoin_logo.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAHY1y0ScidxcqQs-bzLBPt21OZ2USQuNqbiKx2D3Ts_zw

The catcoin is not like dogecoin. Doges scream for attention. They are ridiculous looking fluffy creatures who have
had their hyperactive excitability turned into a meme. Their coin is high-volume, borderline ridiculous, and
eminently dogeish. A cat will not be in your face 24/7, and neither should its logo be ridiculous. The current
logo is a mistake. It is a 4chan logo, plucked from some purgatory between eastern and western cultural influences.
It is ambiguously oversexualized, juvenile furvert fluff. Catcoin needs a serious logo, not an anime trope. It does
not need to play up the lolcat meme, because lolcats express only a small part of a cat's true nature - the playful
side that emerges after 9 hours of serious hunting and sleeping. Lolcats celebrate the essence of the kitten, which
recedes as the cat matures, and conserves more of its strength for true combat.

I have no interest in a kittencoin, a kittehcoin, a meowcoin, or a juvenile catcoin. I am interested in stability,
predictability, and utility as a currency. These are traits of my cat. It is why I own a cat, and why I am not
a dog owner. I do not want to walk him every day. When I make love to my wife, I want him to fuck off. I do not
need something that needs me so badly. I want to give away catcoins like I sometimes want to give away my cat.

I want something serious, because I take cryptocurrency increasingly seriously. I don't want bitcoin, for the same
reasons we're all into altcoins - its boring, its out of reach, and its probably already totally taken over by
The Man. But I want something that takes itself as seriously as Bitcoin, tries to solve the increasingly obvious
flaws of Bitcoin, but stands on its own as an independent creature. Catcoin has all the makings for this; it has
the right mix of ingredients. The groundswell of internet catlovers, a positioning in the crypto-ecosystem that
puts it at end of the spectrum for sane economic growth, with a budding community of developers committed to
discovering solutions for real problems facing decentralized currencies in 2014. The developers take themselves
seriously.

We should be showing off our seriousness. There is no additional marketing effort required for the lolcat spirit of
cats - that is already in everybody's mind, as subtext. And it should remain subtext for us and our crypto, while we
position ourselves as a serious player in the market. It can add depth to our delivery, but we should never be so crass
as to point it out directly. A cat wouldn't. A doge would.

My logo is clean. It is recognizable at a distance. The essential shape of a coin is preserved, the body a perfect
sphere, but the design is playful enough to add ornaments (the head and tail), which take it outside a traditional
coin shape. It is Bitcoin orange, as it is intended to be reminiscent of the King of the castle we play in. The ç symbol
is UNICODE, typable on a keyboard in every major Operating System (thus usable in forum posts, IRC messages, etc).

Lets take ourselves seriously.

I have begun working on a re-skin of the catcoin-qt wallet GUI, that conforms to both the style of this logo, as well
as attempting to capture the ideas of "wallet overview", "send something", "receive something" in a non-parodical
but species-accurate idiom. So I hope you vote for it.

Let's abandon the pre-coital maneki-neko logo, and go with something serious. If you want to make ludicrous images
to promote us, go ahead. Make your posters of lolcats to promote the coin: there's honestly no better advertising
mechanism on the Internet. Doges are trumped by lolcats, if it comes to it. But the logo itself should be singularly
reputable, projecting stability, seriousness, and self-identification as a currency.

Vote for this.
zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:54:53 PM

Seriousness is the product of panic.
Adaptability is the product of agility.
Seriousness is what happens to the sphincters of people who trade on BTC-e.
Adaptability is what happens to a market when a living community replaces the unmotivated.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
fablkak

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:45:29 AM

Reward in catcoins?
I know a really good graphic artist that could be persuaded to make an awesome logo for a few catcoins.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:47:47 AM

Reward in catcoins?
I know a really good graphic artist that could be persuaded to make an awesome logo for a few catcoins.

This sounds promising.

+1

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
sase007

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:50:22 AM

Cat coin... nice!

Few advices:

dont do premine... never!

scrypt would be better but I would personaly prefer sha256 Smiley

johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:44:57 AM

there are no bounties given for this as there are plenty of members of the community that are more than willingly to donate their time

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:47:49 AM

Cat coin... nice!

Few advices:

you're late to the game.
it is scrypt and there was no premine
the coin has been out for a month now...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380130.0

sase007

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:59:50 AM

Cat coin... nice!

Few advices:

you're late to the game.
it is scrypt and there was no premine
the coin has been out for a month now...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380130.0

Oh... I am confused Cheesy
Tim Suite

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 09:02:13 PM by Tim Suite

https://i.imgur.com/cmFkYGn.png

Reddit mockup with logo
https://i.imgur.com/m8MlXOz.png
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

rough unfinished just a concept

Tim Suite

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:48:58 PM

Coins cannot take center stage. They are meant to be expendable. They are meant to be spendable. At the end of
the day, a successful coin is one which can be spent. It is good to create a bond of affection with the denomination
you use as currency, but it is not good to form such a bond that it becomes painful to release them. You should
feel affection for them, find comfort in their presence when you have them, but ultimately be able to spend time
apart from them. Like cats.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/31o7innys2fnani/catcoin_logo.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAHY1y0ScidxcqQs-bzLBPt21OZ2USQuNqbiKx2D3Ts_zw

The catcoin is not like dogecoin. Doges scream for attention. They are ridiculous looking fluffy creatures who have
had their hyperactive excitability turned into a meme. Their coin is high-volume, borderline ridiculous, and
eminently dogeish. A cat will not be in your face 24/7, and neither should its logo be ridiculous. The current
logo is a mistake. It is a 4chan logo, plucked from some purgatory between eastern and western cultural influences.
It is ambiguously oversexualized, juvenile furvert fluff. Catcoin needs a serious logo, not an anime trope. It does
not need to play up the lolcat meme, because lolcats express only a small part of a cat's true nature - the playful
side that emerges after 9 hours of serious hunting and sleeping. Lolcats celebrate the essence of the kitten, which
recedes as the cat matures, and conserves more of its strength for true combat.

I have no interest in a kittencoin, a kittehcoin, a meowcoin, or a juvenile catcoin. I am interested in stability,
predictability, and utility as a currency. These are traits of my cat. It is why I own a cat, and why I am not
a dog owner. I do not want to walk him every day. When I make love to my wife, I want him to fuck off. I do not
need something that needs me so badly. I want to give away catcoins like I sometimes want to give away my cat.

I want something serious, because I take cryptocurrency increasingly seriously. I don't want bitcoin, for the same
reasons we're all into altcoins - its boring, its out of reach, and its probably already totally taken over by
The Man. But I want something that takes itself as seriously as Bitcoin, tries to solve the increasingly obvious
flaws of Bitcoin, but stands on its own as an independent creature. Catcoin has all the makings for this; it has
the right mix of ingredients. The groundswell of internet catlovers, a positioning in the crypto-ecosystem that
puts it at end of the spectrum for sane economic growth, with a budding community of developers committed to
discovering solutions for real problems facing decentralized currencies in 2014. The developers take themselves
seriously.

We should be showing off our seriousness. There is no additional marketing effort required for the lolcat spirit of
cats - that is already in everybody's mind, as subtext. And it should remain subtext for us and our crypto, while we
position ourselves as a serious player in the market. It can add depth to our delivery, but we should never be so crass
as to point it out directly. A cat wouldn't. A doge would.

My logo is clean. It is recognizable at a distance. The essential shape of a coin is preserved, the body a perfect
sphere, but the design is playful enough to add ornaments (the head and tail), which take it outside a traditional
coin shape. It is Bitcoin orange, as it is intended to be reminiscent of the King of the castle we play in. The ç symbol
is UNICODE, typable on a keyboard in every major Operating System (thus usable in forum posts, IRC messages, etc).

Lets take ourselves seriously.

I have begun working on a re-skin of the catcoin-qt wallet GUI, that conforms to both the style of this logo, as well
as attempting to capture the ideas of "wallet overview", "send something", "receive something" in a non-parodical
but species-accurate idiom. So I hope you vote for it.

Let's abandon the pre-coital maneki-neko logo, and go with something serious. If you want to make ludicrous images
to promote us, go ahead. Make your posters of lolcats to promote the coin: there's honestly no better advertising
mechanism on the Internet. Doges are trumped by lolcats, if it comes to it. But the logo itself should be singularly
reputable, projecting stability, seriousness, and self-identification as a currency.

Vote for this.

Reddit mock-up with this logo
https://i.imgur.com/RJWh6qV.png
with simplified logo
https://i.imgur.com/fy7Xw56.png
tmp68

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:51:49 AM

Surprising mock-up with this logo

https://i.imgur.com/B6vouc8.gif
seonline

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:43:35 AM

Oh... I am confused Cheesy and think that I am NOT good scammer but I was wrong as I am very successful scammer wow as I already scammed very professionally 200,000 USD worth of BTC via my old forum id "Projects" wow its not really nice to earn lot of money for free just with scam people? yes its really nice and I will must must continue to scam peoples until I got again lot of new sexy girls friends WOW !!!

But after all - fuck me very hard plzzzzzzz , I am rich Cheesy Cheesy

sory I am idiot and scamer for sure really sorry-

I trying to piss over myself properly sorry for it guys but I will must scam peoples again again Smiley
ignore me plz but I will scam peoples for sure and never stop really sorry for it...

I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW and I earn already 600 btc worth 200,000 USD WOW its not nice to earn 200,000 USD without work just for scamming yes its very nice ...I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW I will must again and again scam peoples as I am so smart just like James Bond 007 so I will MUST MUST continue until I got my new sexy girl friend oh very sad my old girl friend just scammed LOL so I will again and again scam until I earn again millions of $$$$ via scam people all over forum sorry admins BUT I will must scam again and again  really sorry but I will MUST scam others for earn millions of $$$ who not want it I musr want scam people and got my new girl friend !!!!!! I Just a poor scamer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!! I Just a poor scammer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!!!

I have lot of times to check all my spams and reply on forum 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW....  will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW

I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW and now again I need lot of money for get MY NEW Girl Friend so I will MUST MUST continue scam peoples again and again and I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW and I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW ...I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW
`

good post LOL

My old Scammers Profile "Projects" Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52439:
anyone can see how very properly I already scammed peoples for 200,000 USD WOW
see all scam report against my old forum id " Projects" as below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.msg4415868#msg4415868

WOW!!! 500+ BTCs worth around 200,000 USD I already scammed!!!! its really nice is NOT?

But after all - fuck me very hard plzzzzzzz , I am rich Cheesy Cheesy

sory I am idiot and scamer for sure really sorry-

I trying to piss over myself properly sorry for it guys but I will must scam peoples again again Smiley
ignore me plz but I will scam peoples for sure and never stop really sorry for it...

I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW and I earn already 600 btc worth 200,000 USD WOW its not nice to earn 200,000 USD without work just for scamming yes its very nice ...I Just a poor scammer from Nigerian WOW I will must again and again scam peoples as I am so smart just like James Bond 007 so I will MUST MUST continue until I got my new sexy girl friend oh very sad my old girl friend just scammed LOL so I will again and again scam until I earn again millions of $$$$ via scam people all over forum sorry admins BUT I will must scam again and again  really sorry but I will MUST scam others for earn millions of $$$ who not want it I musr want scam people and got my new girl friend !!!!!! I Just a poor scamer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!! I Just a poor scammer from Nigeria WOW !!!!!!!!

I have lot of times to check all my spams and reply on forum 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW....  will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW

I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW and now again I need lot of money for get MY NEW Girl Friend so I will MUST MUST continue scam peoples again and again and I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW and I try doing job of scam peoples very well and already scammed 200,000 USD via my old forum id "Projects" WOW ...I will never stop spaming all over forum as I am biggest idiot and scammer WOW
`

oh 500+ BTC stolen this scammer projects really did their scamming very well
I think they able scam peoples easily as an so called Hero sorry ZERO Member on forum named "Tomatocage" largest supporter of scammer Projects this ZERO guy Tomatocage submit negative ratings for everyone but they never submit negative ratings for their agents like Projects I am sure 90% of scammed money just took by Tomatocage and only 10% got by Projects as only with Tomatocage supports this guy able to scam too many peoples easily

this guy Tomatocage NOT Hero but 100% ZERO and largest supporter of biggest scammers

stay away from Tomatocage never use this guy as escrow they will surly scammed you Grin

kisa2005

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:19:27 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 06:00:43 PM by kisa2005

all the proposed designs here have their strength and weaknesses, difficult to make a single choice. basically i don't dislike any of them.

-> great idea with the golden paw (is that one easily traceable to cat?)
-> great concept with the orange color and integrating coin into the cats body, plus using the unicode character
-> strong vision of egyptian-style cat, the reason being this emphasizes more eternal and transcultural nature of cats race, including but beyond the domestic cat. it also adds some mystique and symbolic to the table.

also let's not forget, there were very nice alternative CATcoin designs proposed on the thread before, just people don't participate any longer in the contest because they didn't feel appreciated perhaps.

ultimately, though, I would argue, that CAT wallets could come in different designs on offer, even perhaps tailored to national subcommunities, or particular hobbies. It would be difficult to achieve consensus on one particular coin design, as there are many valid but different directions, serving various types of cat-affine people and subcommunitites. be it funny meme cat, neat cuddly cat, cool smart cat, cyber punk cat, mars landing cat, lucky symbol cat, cartoon cheeky cat, fairy tale cat, mystique antique cat a.s.o. that's why i would support rather generic logo which is acceptable to various proponents, and then contemplate how to move on with extending the CATcoin design offerings Wink

BTW. -did we forget "Cryptographic Anonymous Transaction", or do folks consider it to be too hard core for mainstream adoption ??

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: