Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price manipulation ongoing?  (Read 268 times)
Naster (OP)

Activity: 698
Merit: 274

Crypto Currency Exchange, IPTV, AWS

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:33:34 AM

I read recently on Bloomberg that the Justice Department has opened a criminal probe into whether traders are manipulating the price of Bitcoin and other digital currencies, dramatically ratcheting up U.S. scrutiny of red-hot markets that critics say are rife with misconduct, according to four people familiar with the matter.

According to the report, investigators are specifically looking into practices like spoofing (filling the marketplace with fake orders that are later canceled to manipulate others to buy or sell a particular coin) and wash trading (trading with oneself in order to falsely imply more market demand than there actually is). There are forms of cheating that have long existed and been battled in more traditional financial markets, but cryptocurrency’s lack of serious regulation or monitoring may have given these old scams a new place to thrive.

What do you say about this guys?

Let's hope that these allegations of bitcoin price manipulation will contribute to the long-term health of the cryptocurrency market, which is really important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:56:16 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2018, 03:02:07 PM by krishnapramod

Press

[2018-05-24] Bloomberg - US launches price manipulation probe - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4212554.0

[2018-05-24] US opens investigation into Bitcoin price manipulation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4220591.0

Bitcoin Discussion

US criminal investigators bitcoin manipulators - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4290647.0

U.S. Launches Criminal Probe into Bitcoin Price Manipulation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4255005.0

US investigates Bitcoin Price Manipulation ⛔ Who is Spoofy - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4232272.0

Justic Dept Investigating BTC Price Manipulation in USA - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4230971.0

Economics

Us government has start probe in manipulation in value of cryptocurrency - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4227272.0

Marketplace

US to to launch probe into btc manipulation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4235371.0

The same topic with the same link has been posted on four different boards.

Guess through four different boards the topic got enough visibility to carry on discussions. Creating another similar topic would just lead to further spam. Wouldn't have bothered with this response if it was posted by a newbie.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:21:54 AM

I read recently on Bloomberg that the Justice Department has opened a criminal probe into whether traders are manipulating the price of Bitcoin and other digital currencies, dramatically ratcheting up U.S. scrutiny of red-hot markets that critics say are rife with misconduct, according to four people familiar with the matter.

According to the report, investigators are specifically looking into practices like spoofing (filling the marketplace with fake orders that are later canceled to manipulate others to buy or sell a particular coin) and wash trading (trading with oneself in order to falsely imply more market demand than there actually is). There are forms of cheating that have long existed and been battled in more traditional financial markets, but cryptocurrency’s lack of serious regulation or monitoring may have given these old scams a new place to thrive.

Let's hope that these allegations of bitcoin price manipulation will contribute to the long-term health of the cryptocurrency market, which is really important.

Well, Bitcoin's market is big enough that it's hard to say for sure whether spoof and wash trading occurs/has occurred, but I think it's reasonable to assume that it has and does still occur.

I pretty much know for a fact that such things have occured countless times in smaller, thinner markets in the altcoin scene. Going back many years now. But like you said, whether it's illegal in a market that hasn't really been regulated is the big question.
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:14:21 PM

Well, Bitcoin's market is big enough that it's hard to say for sure whether spoof and wash trading occurs/has occurred, but I think it's reasonable to assume that it has and does still occur.

I pretty much know for a fact that such things have occured countless times in smaller, thinner markets in the altcoin scene. Going back many years now. But like you said, whether it's illegal in a market that hasn't really been regulated is the big question.

I agree, it been a big question for everybody and sadly the affected people who bought bitcoin during those green days like of last year December days. If there's a group of investors or bitcoin haters whose liable for this manipulation, I guess its hard to determine them. As this will remain a big question mark for us, keep yourselves calm and stay within control because if you dump you will lose everything that could bring your profit into bigger value.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:25:42 PM

There is a high possibility that the issue on the recent price manipulation is true since the market is going wild nowadays. The volatility is becoming more abnormal and compared to the previous years this one that we have this 2018 is very unpredictable and its occurence has become successive. This is no longer a joke but a possibility of market manipulation.
Doterti

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:47:20 PM

Well the bitcoin itself has many competitors which can lead their prices maybe high or low depends of the maintenance or a survery or research, So In fact many markets in the sites can do legal and illegal ways so that they can a good process in making bitcoins grow faster as the day goes by and some government won't allow the bitcoin industry would enter their currency.
alaskata

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:08:15 AM

There are many forums for discussion about BTC
But this guy gave the right ideas, the news is real, there is good in his mind about BTC
saurav111

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:30:22 PM

we all see that all markets are red and there are some fears of getting down more and more in the following days. but on the other hand, no one can ignore that bitcoin is the leader of all the crypto market, so if it down the whole market will go down as well, so it is too hard to believe that it will die that easy
and the major investors of it will not allow this to happen.
what do you think, am I right?
vickybitcoin

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:36:42 PM

For i dont think it is possible unless one person hold half or more than half of bitcoin. But i wonder if this thst rich why would he do manipulation?  I mean theres no point for me if you have all the financial inburst and still greeds for more..its meaningless act for me. I'd rather share my wealth to the people whom i think deserves it.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:59:59 PM

Well the bitcoin itself has many competitors which can lead their prices maybe high or low depends of the maintenance or a survery or research, So In fact many markets in the sites can do legal and illegal ways so that they can a good process in making bitcoins grow faster as the day goes by and some government won't allow the bitcoin industry would enter their currency.

As far back as 2014 from what I can remember many people accused all of the no-fee exchanges from China of doing this. Fake trades, fake volume, ect.
gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:56:53 PM

I heard it too.. damn

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
cmaxwell

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:15:53 PM

i don't want to believe that statement is true, considering the fact that there are corrective measure in place  because of manipulators. but i don't also want us to rule out the fact that bitcoin is a big market which i believe might result to this.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:35:16 PM

we all see that all markets are red and there are some fears of getting down more and more in the following days. but on the other hand, no one can ignore that bitcoin is the leader of all the crypto market, so if it down the whole market will go down as well, so it is too hard to believe that it will die that easy
and the major investors of it will not allow this to happen.
what do you think, am I right?
Yes that is right that bitcoin price can effect the whole market, but i think that now we can even see some more good potential currencies, whose prices are even increase if the bitcoin price is decreasing, but still bitcoin is the boss of all the crytpo world and its effect on the market will even remain for a long long time.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:19:50 PM

ik it would cause more panic but there's an old saying be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy. it's basically saying, you get the most profit when the markets are scared and people are selling everything. total manipulation btw, but that's how it usually works
jcemos9bt

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

WayMaker Miracle Worker

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:04:16 AM

my own view no own is manipulating bitcoin price i think people who are asking this method are only try to know the secret of bitcoin, even the government are surprise how bitcoin is flourishing higher every year there for everyone is asking which methods are the using?
the rate people is bitcoin are more than any crypto or government currency in the world, so bitcoin is the highest.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:21:40 AM

For me ,there is Bitcoin manipulation ongoing, as you can saw the article post of someone who is claiming that there is bitcoin cartel now. They are trying to manipulate the market, and they are earning big profits there by just manipulating the market.
Rexat

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:26:35 AM

On the other hand this manipulation action is quite beneficial for some people, because due to this manipulation bitcoin prices soared very high, which makes the big profit investors.

Join Juke Coin Today!
ANN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5070469
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:19:05 AM

I believe that up to now the price of bitcoin manipulates and continues to occur. So we see the fast dump and the price hike. Maybe if the whales start to hold we will see the sky rocket price of bitcoin again. But we must also be careful and be content with what we earn when it comes back

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:20:53 AM

it is funny that 2 months ago (when this bumped topic was created also) when price was falling from $9700 down to the bottom of $6000 the media was filled with the drama about how bitcoin price is manipulated and everyone was talking about it.
then price reaches the bottom and can not go any lower than that, then everyone simply forgets about it and there is no more talk!
the funnier thing is when price starts to rise everyone completely forgets about it...

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
sergiom

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:28:48 AM

We should not forget that this market consist from manipulative price and agreed value, it is completely ok, I'm not saying that this is good, but it is present. Big guys would always manipulate the price on every market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: