Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:19:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are investors got tired of ICOs?  (Read 4027 times)
katawan4741
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:27:19 AM

It seems that investors got tired of ICOs in the last months. Do you believe that ICO hype will come back soon?
It's not the investors that are tired of the ICO's,it's the government.In the last few months, SEC has cracked down a lot of illegal ICO's which operated without any licensing.Obviously in such a hostile environment it becomes difficult for an investor to risk their money.They rather wait for the things to settle instead of putting money where their mouth is.

What is the SEC's role in an ICO? Are they like the one that  screen every project what would be conducting an ICO? I think there should be really a bodies lof law that should handle it prevent scam ICO's

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:38:22 AM

yes, I am also getting bored with the ICO which is not serious
some developers are only concerned with money alone, without prioritizing the future prospects for his project
but if they succeed, maybe it can also affect other developers to be able to compete for the good

corat coret

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:44:27 AM

maybe ico investors now many are leaving ico because nowadays many ico look nice and nice but ico is a scam, and maybe also they have lost a lot of capital because invested into the scam ico. and also now it is difficult to determine which ico will not be scam, because I've found a ico that looks good and sales have reached more than softcap but ico is a scam when ico has been going on for one month
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:51:03 AM

It seems that investors got tired of ICOs in the last months. Do you believe that ICO hype will come back soon?
I believe that investors have got more selective about which ICO they participate in. Given the numbers of ICO's were the managers are making no progress after raising large sums as well as the ones that turned out to be scams. People are being much more careful about investment selection. Good projects are getting funded but the ability to raise large sums for a bunch of teenagers with a whitepaper is over and that is a good thing.

michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:25:50 PM

I believe that investors have got more selective about which ICO they participate in. Given the numbers of ICO's were the managers are making no progress after raising large sums as well as the ones that turned out to be scams. People are being much more careful about investment selection. Good projects are getting funded but the ability to raise large sums for a bunch of teenagers with a whitepaper is over and that is a good thing.

I agree with you, it seems they don't pick any of ICO without doing research about the ICO because they don't want to waste their money for not good ICO. they will search for more information about the ICO and if they think that the ICO is really good enough to give them a big profit, then they will put his money to that projects. the investor now becomes smart because they can know which ICO that will get success in the future and which is not so they only pick the good ICO that will get success in the future.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Dopansam

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:30:06 PM

Now ICOs do not bring desired profits to investors. But I think that everything will be fine once bitcoin starts to grow.
dusty_daniel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

Investors are tired of bad ICOs. There are a lot of swindlers on the market who want to just make up a purse and post news on Twitter. One years ago ICOs were much successful.
There are a lot of no name teams who make new developments and they can’t be trusted.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:56:50 PM

I think that ICO needs to be changed a little to return the hype of them again. Because if the things will remain the same as they are now, we will see, as it dies slightly...
phas129nnn

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:40:03 AM

Maybe they are, since theres a news that almost 30 billion worth of investment from Bitcoin is being dumped last year of December. And that’s may be the cause of market bleeding that affects the Bitcoin and of course followed by altcoins.Maybe those people dumping are cautious or worried to continue relying on cryptocurrency anymore. Hoping this issue will be corrected and cryptocurrency will be in demand still until future.
forestharvest
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:43:39 AM

Some investors might leave the market because of many scams involve in ICO and due to scam governments step in to give stricter rules follow by problems from exchanges all this leads to the huge drop in the crypto prices they might come back soon after all this problems are sloved. 
HouruSinkara

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:55:12 AM

Now the whole market is tired and there is no such big money in the market as it was in 2017. I think everything will return to its place when they start talking again about the Cryptocurrency at every corner

qidai9

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:00:23 AM

I think they are disappointed with ico. The common reason is that there are some icos that have scams, and there are a lot of icos. Their prices are extremely low, and there is almost no value at all, so people will be disappointed. I don't want to spend more time doing it.
jiaybh

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:02:39 AM

Yes, many investors are now reluctant to believe in ICO. I think this is difficult to recover because too many ICOs in the market are scams. At present, governments are introducing regulatory policies, which are beneficial to investors. This will rule out a lot of scams, I believe that only then will it be restored
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:07:19 AM

Probably YES because there are some good ICO's that is possible to gain profit like EO trade ICO . I invest already there as I can see there is a future to it hence it is like binance token so that's why I like it .
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:08:37 AM

I will say no, the only reason we still have more and more ICOs coming out almost on a daily basis is because there are still willing investors, but with the rate at which ICOs are popping up, investors may get tired, but we are not there yet.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
karinaloren

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:12:40 AM

I think it is not so. Nevertheless, the number of ICOs is constantly growing showing incredible rates. The rates of the investors number growth are not so high. There are just not enough investors for all ICOs today. Investors have to choose. That's why a lot of ICOs today are not successful.
vihang200200

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:58:25 AM

I don't think that investors  get tired. It was just that the government is trying to stop their people to join in ICO's due to rampant scamming that occured recently. Also,  some are out of money to load up because they were scammed by their previous investment.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:56:15 PM

Answering to the last part of your question, yes I believe that ICO projects would soon became more popular again. Because, some of the world leaders said, that ICO process needs to be regulated, and changed into something else. And so, I think, if we would have something else instead of ICOs, we would definitely have less scam around.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:08:33 PM

Recently there have been too many projects with almost similar ideas and way of implementation.
Of course people get tired (and maybe are feel afraid) of the bunch of the same stuff that could be an ordinary scam.
ICOs segment definitely needs a pause for people to rest a bit and set new goals.
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:14:19 PM

Recently there have been too many projects with almost similar ideas and way of implementation.
Of course people get tired (and maybe are feel afraid) of the bunch of the same stuff that could be an ordinary scam.
ICOs segment definitely needs a pause for people to rest a bit and set new goals.
Investors are not tired of scams because they already know what it might happen due to the decentralized , it's normal for them. They are always like to involve because they believe it takes tremendous, profit as the market goes higher.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: