Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:25:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KIN will be the MOST USED CRYPTO IN THE WORLD by the end of 2018! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$  (Read 11248 times)
Scuds31091 (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 03:07:26 PM by Scuds31091

Currently there are roughly 6 million active crypto users in the space. KIN is about to be integrated into the well known chat app Kik very soon. Kik has over 300 million users of which 15 million are active daily. Once KIN is integrated into the app, it will become the most used cryptocurrency in the world.

Kin isn't just tied to the Kik app. It will will eventually be integrated into 1000's of digital apps increasing the amount of people using KIN to the 100's of millions...

Imagine the demand for a coin that's being used by 100's of millions when currently Bitcoin, the most valuable coin right now, only has 25 million total wallets (keeping in mind many of these are abandoned or the fact that people have multiple accounts).

Background

Kin was created by the billion dollar chat app company called Kik. It has a large team working on the project and also has a long list of business connections to help make everything possible.

One major connection is Fred Wilson who owns Union Square Ventures. USV was an early investor with Kik, but also with other large notable companies like Coinbase, SoundCloud, Stripe, and Twitter. Fred Wilson is on the board of Kik, and also on the board of Coinbase...

Tencent also invested $50,000,000 into Kik recently. Tencent owns WeChat if you aren't familiar and is one of the largest tech companies on the planet.

Kik was the first chat app to get mainstream adoption getting over 1,000,000 users in 15 days. At the time it was the fastest growing app ever. Kik was also the first platform to introduce chat bots. Kik has always been at the forefront of advancing technology and now has a goal to become the most used crypto currency in the world. Based on their track record, they definitely have a good shot.

Kik has been planning on entering the crypto space for quite some time. A couple years ago they ran a test with a non-crypto in app token called Kik Points. Here is a quote from their whitepaper on that topic, "The Kik Points experiment was successful, with an average volume of 300,000 transactions per day for its lifetime from 2014 through 2016, reaching 2.6 million transactions per day at the peak. On average, the monthly number of transactions was nearly three times that of the Bitcoin network.".

If Kik Points was a crypto, it would have been the most used crypto in the world. Since then, Kik has removed Kik Points and launched Kin. Kin is a crypto currency and will be implemented into the Kik app just like Kik points was. Thus, when the Kik integration happens (likely before 2019) Kin will become the most used crypto in the world. This is pretty amazing as unlike Kik Points, Kin is not just for the Kik app. Kin will be implemented into many different apps within the Kin ecosystem. So with the Kik integration alone it will become the most used crytpo in the world, then add together all the Kin usage within all of these other apps down the road, even apps larger than Kik, the usage will be unlike any coin around right now. This includes Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Resources

Listen to the creator's interview at Consensus 2018:

https://twitter.com/kin_foundation/status/998934789637005312

This is also a recent article about KIN:

https://www.wired.com/story/kik-founder-plots-a-rebel-alliance-against-facebooks-death-star/amp?mbid=social_twitter_onsiteshare&__twitter_impression=true

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vanmoreno

Activity: 359
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:52:51 PM

where i find this KIN coin? already on market? what exchange trade this coin? price for now?
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:53:49 PM

I don't think so, do I need Kin tokens to access the platform, for me the answer is NO, I think what people don't understand is that mosto the tokens are useless, if there is no need to hold it to use the platfrom what is the incentive for the token buyers and investors

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:46:30 PM

where i find this KIN coin? already on market? what exchange trade this coin? price for now?

check this link below my friend
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/kin/#markets
you can trade this KIN on several exchange now,,

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:52:47 PM

I don't think so, do I need Kin tokens to access the platform, for me the answer is NO, I think what people don't understand is that mosto the tokens are useless, if there is no need to hold it to use the platfrom what is the incentive for the token buyers and investors

...and with 10 trillion (10,000,000,000,000) coin supply...it is basically worthless. Cheesy

Not touching it.  There are way better coins out there. Wink

coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

...and with 10 trillion (10,000,000,000,000) coin supply...it is basically worthless. Cheesy

yeah, the supply from KIN make me doubt to invest in this cryptocurrency
i can said, its hard to grow my friend,
hope there will be a burning mechanism to reduce the total supply from KIN

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:55:18 PM

That is good news mate for kin holders and i think it has good potential as well especially due to working app, but there were a lot of negative news about kin in the market like the split and conflicts in their team members, i hope it all settled down for the further development and the future success of the project.

withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:58:31 PM

I am pretty sure kik messenger is very popular among youngsters in many different countries! But as far as I observe kin token isn't going to be used that much. It is not bad coin but it feels very limited mate.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:23:32 PM

Why? What exactly are these 10 trilllion coins going to be spent on? That's a lot of coins that REALLY need to all be used in order for the price to go up. Also, what's going to lower the total supply to bring the market cap up? You can't really have 10 trillion coins at $.10 a piece at the current market cap.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:35:37 PM

The logic sounds simple, however I think this won't be the case. Even if it becomes a reality and kin will be the most used currency, it certainly won't appreciate tremendously in terms of price. Just compare the 21m Bitcoin to the 10 trillion kin. It's not a good investment imo, however I also hold a bit of it, just in case something unexpected happens.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:33:01 PM

Currently there are roughly 6 million active crypto users in the space. KIN is about to be integrated into the well known chat app Kik very soon. Kik has over 300 million users of which 15 million are active daily. Once KIN is integrated into the app, it will become the most used cryptocurrency in the world.

It is an ethereum token. So barely a crypto and it will suffer all problems Ethereum have and will have in future.   300 million users. LOL Poor Ethereum.
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:54:01 PM

It will show its true potential as it begins to work. KIN has very strong team and potential.
yoel.ri

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:42:01 AM

That's just a ridiculous comment, proving you didn't spend more than one hot second trying to understand the economics or the idea behind the token or its supply.
I'll only refer you to this comment on the Kin subreddit, providing some sense to the supply:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KinFoundation/comments/8mfktb/why_having_10_trillion_coins_is_genius/
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:32:36 PM

Not touching it.  There are way better coins out there. Wink

That's just a ridiculous comment, proving you didn't spend more than one hot second trying to understand the economics or the idea behind the token or its supply.
I'll only refer you to this comment on the Kin subreddit, providing some sense to the supply:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KinFoundation/comments/8mfktb/why_having_10_trillion_coins_is_genius/

If you understood how the cryptomarket works, you will understand our comments...at least from investment return side.  Wink

It is your money so feel free to invest as much as you want on KIN.
Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

You don't "need" KIN to "access" the Kik platform as far as I understand (without officially knowing how it will work as it's not integrated yet). However, you may "need" Kin to access certain parts of the  app or to purchase certain things related to your apps experience. You may not "need" it, but you'll probably "want" it.

Every app is going to integrate KIN differently. Some may in fact require you to have KIN in order to use it. Others may allow your KIN to unlock content or certain features within the app. Other apps may use KIN to allow their customers to buy and sell items through a marketplace by sending KIN back and forth.

KIN recently held a Hackathon. Each group comprised of 3 employees from an app with the goal of integrating KIN into their app within 24 hours. As I explained above, each app integrated it differently. Here are the videos:

Volgr - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Fzujk9Z84

ClanPlay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFgaVHzW_U

AiWorks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAer2KyYwg

Impact Value - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZ-IqFhaWo

Priceslide

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

Hello

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:38:21 PM

So there are a few things at play here that make Kin more valuable than "every other token".

1. The KRE + kin SDK - a radically new way for app developers to monetize + a way to implement it into your own app in less than a day.

2. Kin in Kik - Kik points did 3x the transaction volume of BTC 2014-2016, kin will be used similarly to kik points, but even better. It will increase engagement

3. Earn/spend in app. every other token (BAT excepted) expects you to go on to an exchange and buy the token and spend it in the app. This will never work. You must be able to earn and spend the token in-app, as you will be able to do with kin.

Read more at reddit.com/r/kinfoundation or https://medium.com/kinfoundation

reddit.com/r/kinfoundation
Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:41:49 PM

The logic sounds simple, however I think this won't be the case. Even if it becomes a reality and kin will be the most used currency, it certainly won't appreciate tremendously in terms of price. Just compare the 21m Bitcoin to the 10 trillion kin. It's not a good investment imo, however I also hold a bit of it, just in case something unexpected happens.

Price is driven by demand and supply is irrelevant to your potential return on any coin. I'll get to the math but for now I'll explain the main concept for this supply.

KIN wants to be a micro transaction token. It will be used to reward users of an app, as a currency to buy items or unlock features in an app, or even as a tipping token. You may be thinking that any coin can also do this, which is kind of true. However, you have to keep in mind KIN will be used by 100's of million of regular consumers. Not just 6 million crypto trading speculators.

Yes, I can send 0.0000014 BTC if I want to send a $0.01 micro transaction. However, if you include the fee to send Bitcoin, then it really didn't make any sense because the fee cost is so much more than the $0.01 you were sending. Kin's blockchain will allow you to send that $0.01 without a fee that makes the transaction pointless.

Now you might argue that there are other coins out there that have a very small sub penny fee that can be used this way. This is also true, but where the 10T supply proves itself. Lets say this other coin is also 0.0000014 XXX to send a $0.01 micro transaction. Pretend you're a consumer who has no idea about crypto, but your favorite app just integrated this coin. It might be very confusing why you're sending 0.0000014 of this crypto. It's such a small number and nothing like what they're used to in the real world when paying in integers or at most two decimal places.

Since KIN has 10T tokens it will always use "comfortable" numbers for these non tech non crypto main stream app consumers. Say KIN is $0.001/token. In order to send someone $0.01 I would make a transaction for 10 KIN. This is a much cleaner number to handle micro transactions. It will make much more sense for the consumers. KIN isn't geared towards the current users of the crypto space, they're going to bring in a flood of a new type of user. Making the entire process (speed, fees, usability etc) as easy as possible for them will be the key to success.

Now for the math

Yes, supply is important as it can affect the price of a coin. However, the most important thing about the supply is that it isn't infinite. As long as your coin has a hard limit on the total coins that can ever exist, then supply is relative from one coin to the next.

I'll be using Bitcoin and Kin in this example, but will use made up prices to keep the math simple and make it easy to follow.

Bitcoin
Price: $476.10
Supply: 21,000,000
Marketcap: $1,000,000,000

KIN
Price: $0.000100
Supply: 10,000,000,000,000
Marketcap: $1,000,000,000

Your claim is that KIN can't appreciate or won't appreciate because of it's drastically higher supply. Again, supply is only affecting the price per coin. It has nothing to do with how much a coin can appreciate.

Yes, KIN will never be able to hit $476.10/coin, but it doesn't need to. It doesn't make sense for it's purpose and most importantly it doesn't dampen the ability to make money on it.

If you had $1000 and could invest in either coin based on the numbers above what would you pick? Would you honestly base it on the total supply? That just seems silly... You would pick whatever coin has the most potential to increase in value. I'm not saying increase in value as far as the price per coin, but as a % from where you invested. Supply is completely irrelevant.

$1000 into bitcoin would give you = 2.1 BTC

$1000 into kin would give you = 10,000,000 KIN

Now let's say the demand for both coins were equal over a period of time and they both doubled up:

BTC = $952.20

KIN = $0.000200

Do you honestly believe that because you're holding Bitcoin with a lower supply and the fact that it's already over $900 makes it superior to someone who invested in KIN? Absolutely not, it's all just relative. Both investors would be sitting at $2000 in value.

Yes, Kin will never be able to hit $20,000 a coin like Bitcoin just peaked at, but it will never need to. Kin's success will be based off a much smaller number. a 10,000% gain on an investment is a 10,000% gain on an investment. It's as simple as that. The per coin or per share value is irrelevant. You'll just end up with a higher amount of the less per coin or per share value option.

Demand will have the same affect on any coin. The only difference is you'll be trading millions of Kin vs fractions of bitcoin. You're not going to just buy 2.1Kin and complain that it will never be worth $40,000.

NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:50:51 PM

If you understood how the cryptomarket works, you will understand our comments...at least from investment return side.  Wink

We have our own opinion throughout this KIN i knew this coin because of my chinese friend that uses the Kik application but it doesn't make sense if the team will just relying on that approach. The supply is also one of the big issue, it's more appropriate if they burn some amounts of it along with good productivity.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:08:27 PM

I think that all you are talking about is simply shilling. The most used crypto in the world will be telegram crypto currency,because not only crypto users chat in telegram but also ordinary people. Telegram will blow this market, believe me!
Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:21:36 PM

We have our own opinion throughout this KIN i knew this coin because of my chinese friend that uses the Kik application but it doesn't make sense if the team will just relying on that approach. The supply is also one of the big issue, it's more appropriate if they burn some amounts of it along with good productivity.

Honestly 10T might not even be enough. Let's say KIN becomes widely successful. Let's say the same amount of Facebook users (roughly 2B) eventually use/own KIN as at least one of their apps they use has integrated it.

10T/2B is only 10,000Kin to go around for each user. That's really not a whole lot as at today's prices that's just $1.90 worth of Kin. You also need to keep in mind that the 10T won't only be distributed between the users of all these apps, but the apps themselves will likely need to be holding a decent amount of Kin to keep their app working correctly (depending on how they have it integrated).

Burning is not the solution and does not make sense. You need to look at the bigger picture.

Another thing to keep in mind is 10T Kin won't be circulating for another 60+ years. Currently the circulating supply is around 750B tokens. Each day more and more tokens will be released into circulation once the KRE is started, but this will be no different than Bitcoin or many other coins. Everyday more Bitcoin is mined and the total supply increases. This will be similar with Kin, but instead of rewarding miners with the coins, Kin rewards the app developers for increasing demand in the ecosystem. The only way that the supply grows is from the developers offsetting that inflation by providing the ecosystem with added demand.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: