Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:33:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading vs. Buy and Hold  (Read 1896 times)
Alexvid

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:22:26 PM

If u a real Trader and Exper U can 50% Trade and 50% Hodl..But if u have less knowledge abount Cryptocurrency i recomment u to u can hold minimum 5-7 Coin for 2 Year... It u give u more profit...It can me make u millionaire..
Nothing can make you a millionaire if you don't invest enough and that "enough" level is some serious money.
Even if you invest in BTC at some point and buy it for 10k you'll have x10 when it reaches 100k and that's awesome but in order to become a millionaire you'll have to invest 100k and that's a looot.
Few will become millionaires in this game and the rest will lose big time.
Like in every other market.
reronggo

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

If you're deciding to hold altcoin, maybe you should check and do a research before doing that. I think it is risky to hold altcoin, you need any good signal or news, but i can't believe that news. Altcoin need to be traded if you want to get profit as soon as possible. I won't to take risk if i hold altcoin for long term.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:08:35 PM

I suggest if you are not very experienced with the crypto market, it will be better you buy and hold. Trading is for the experienced marketers

ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

If u a real Trader and Exper U can 50% Trade and 50% Hodl..But if u have less knowledge abount Cryptocurrency i recomment u to u can hold minimum 5-7 Coin for 2 Year... It u give u more profit...It can me make u millionaire..
Nothing can make you a millionaire if you don't invest enough and that "enough" level is some serious money.
Even if you invest in BTC at some point and buy it for 10k you'll have x10 when it reaches 100k and that's awesome but in order to become a millionaire you'll have to invest 100k and that's a looot.
Few will become millionaires in this game and the rest will lose big time.
Like in every other market.
Financial markets are always very harsh and cryptocurrency is also so, you will not be able to succeed if you do not have the knowledge and experience in this market. Experience from the market and those who have had a long time to enter the market to grasp its rules.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:24:22 AM

I would say . .

Trading of sleeted coins is best when it comes to the short trades. For example, I have made nice profits from teh coins like XRP, TRX, ADA etc as they are cheap one and I can buy as much as I want them. This gives me more profits when they move upwards and definitely these coins have huge swings along the way to profit you nicely.

HODL on the other hand is best fit for those who are here since very long time now, for example, NEO, BTC, ETH, LTC. They are bold and they just need time to get more valuation per coin.

XRP was a great coin but with the current up and down in price only people with huge amount of money to invest or buy the coin will make nice profit using the short trading method. However, LTC does not fit in the cryptocurrency which should be trade or invest in a long-term cause the coin is not looking good in the market ever since Charlie (the creator) sold all his holding.

Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:48:22 AM

I think the choice of trade or hold is if we buy coin at the expensive price should hold, and if you are going to buy coin should trade because the price is very difficult in the guess in the middle of the year. this is my experience over in the crypto world
boty

Activity: 1176
Merit: 212

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:33:43 AM

it looks like trading is better than you just let your assets can not grow, while if you are trading then you can grow the assets you have can be more than ever until you can become rich.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:24:38 AM

If you are not a exceptional trader who makes lots of money by trading, holding is always better than trading in terms of profit, these examples prove that, it is impossible to make these gains by trading.
Yeah, that is always the thing that limits a holder anyway. A trader stands a better advantage to make more in the long run than someone who was just busy holding through. The fact that this is even a very volatile market makes it interesting for a trader to trade the huge fluctuations.

For instance and for those who are saying holding is better, with long term style of trading trends, I have been able to increase my bitcoin quantity for the long term, which is one thing a holder will never get as they will keep holding that same quantity all through, but you need good knowledge to be able to make such decision in trading anyway.
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:31:53 AM

Yes trading is good for market manipulation that has ever been involved in trading partner pairs. But personally you want to hold the Bitcoin and alts you have with. Holding the coins for long-term positive expectations for the future.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:39:38 AM

Trading or HODL

The goal of most investors generally is to buy low and sell high. This can result in two quite different approaches to equity investing.

One approach is described as "trading." Trading involves following the short-term price fluctuations of different stocks closely and then trying to buy low and sell high. Traders usually decide ahead of time the percentage increase they're looking for before you sell (or decrease before they buy).

While trading has tremendous potential for immediate rewards, it also involves a fair share of risk because a stock may not recover from a downswing within the time frame you'd like—and may in fact drop further in price. In addition, frequent trading can be expensive, since every time you buy and sell, you may pay broker's fees for the transaction.

Be aware that trading should not be confused with "day trading," which is the rapid buying and selling of stock to capitalize on small price changes. Day trading can be extremely risky, especially if you attempt to day trade using borrowed money. Individual investors frequently lose money by trying to use this approach.

A very different investing strategy—called buy-and-hold—involves keeping an investment over an extended period, anticipating that the price will rise over time. While buy-and-hold reduces the money you pay in transaction fees and short-term capital gains taxes, it requires patience and careful decision-making. As a buy-and-hold investor, you generally choose tokens based on a company's long-term business prospects. Increases in the coin price over years tend to be based less on the volatile nature of the market's changing demands and more on what's known as the company's fundamentals, such as its earnings and sales, the expertise and vision of its management.

Such a strategy can be super profitable. Here are some examples:
  Spectrecoin  +48228%
  Neo  +90450%
  Ethereum  +95390%
  IOTA  +105505%
  NXT  +391776%
(data for the end of 2017)

And how do you think, share your views on the pros and cons of trading and long-term hold in the comments.

If the market rises, more likely I would pick trading for example if market is at 9k and above I would pick trading but now my investment is at risk and the value of bitcoin had been reduce due to down fall for the results I will go and HOLD.

Still if market is fine for trading and it is stable Iam for the lonh term investment if it is bitcoin.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Trading or HODL

The goal of most investors generally is to buy low and sell high. This can result in two quite different approaches to equity investing.

One approach is described as "trading." Trading involves following the short-term price fluctuations of different stocks closely and then trying to buy low and sell high. Traders usually decide ahead of time the percentage increase they're looking for before you sell (or decrease before they buy).

While trading has tremendous potential for immediate rewards, it also involves a fair share of risk because a stock may not recover from a downswing within the time frame you'd like—and may in fact drop further in price. In addition, frequent trading can be expensive, since every time you buy and sell, you may pay broker's fees for the transaction.

Be aware that trading should not be confused with "day trading," which is the rapid buying and selling of stock to capitalize on small price changes. Day trading can be extremely risky, especially if you attempt to day trade using borrowed money. Individual investors frequently lose money by trying to use this approach.

A very different investing strategy—called buy-and-hold—involves keeping an investment over an extended period, anticipating that the price will rise over time. While buy-and-hold reduces the money you pay in transaction fees and short-term capital gains taxes, it requires patience and careful decision-making. As a buy-and-hold investor, you generally choose tokens based on a company's long-term business prospects. Increases in the coin price over years tend to be based less on the volatile nature of the market's changing demands and more on what's known as the company's fundamentals, such as its earnings and sales, the expertise and vision of its management.

Spectrecoin  +48228%
  Neo  +90450%
  Ethereum  +95390%
  IOTA  +105505%
  NXT  +391776%

And how do you think, share your views on the pros and cons of trading and long-term hold in the comments.
With a market that is turning east and hard to rock as you are now, you can see that bitcoins are constantly decreasing in recent days. Because I think this moment is not appropriate to hold, but this time you should trade short, surfing short. The market is constantly changing trade needs to be very careful and always observe the fluctuations of bitcoin.
Trading continuously will make you tired and will give you less after less profit and will make huge profit after a long of hard work. Hard work also exists in the long term investment but you will not need to work continuously and tired but you will get huge profit after a long time or within a year. Long term investment is very responsive and a relax investment; trading has also importance on different sides.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:32:00 PM

In my opinion now better buy and HODL TOP 20 coins. Not buy temporarily ICO tokens, because them price very strong less after ICO.

of course there always a momentum where the price will come down temporay as the roadmap isn't running at the moment. after ICO end, team of the ICO project should prepare and make everything is on its place before its moving on. and then there always a people who trying to sell and buy below the ICO price. no doubt.

but if the ICO as roadmap already running, then we should hold it. just HOLD.
If you ask my sincere answer, regardless of what state is in ICO, it can never bring huge profits. If such a project proves to be successful, even then a person does not earn any reasonable amount.  I have never ever recommended this stuff. Getting good profits from crypto world is a lot easier and quicker than this. Buy a coin that has shown high values in the past and hold it for long. This is the right way to deal with it.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:39:21 AM

Trading or HODL

Spectrecoin  +48228%
  Neo  +90450%
  Ethereum  +95390%
  IOTA  +105505%
  NXT  +391776%

With a market that is turning east and hard to rock as you are now, you can see that bitcoins are constantly decreasing in recent days. Because I think this moment is not appropriate to hold, but this time you should trade short, surfing short. The market is constantly changing trade needs to be very careful and always observe the fluctuations of bitcoin.
Trading continuously will make you tired and will give you less after less profit and will make huge profit after a long of hard work. Hard work also exists in the long term investment but you will not need to work continuously and tired but you will get huge profit after a long time or within a year. Long term investment is very responsive and a relax investment; trading has also importance on different sides.
For me,a person can only trade if he is already prepared for the risks that trading could bring because if not,trading can create big losses in him.It requires more expertise and skills particularly day-trading.But if you want to have less stress and less hardwork,then go on long-term investing.You just have to wait for a long period to gain good profit but still you have to be patient at all times.

chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:21:17 AM

Trading or HODL

Spectrecoin  +48228%
  Neo  +90450%
  Ethereum  +95390%
  IOTA  +105505%
  NXT  +391776%

For me,a person can only trade if he is already prepared for the risks that trading could bring because if not,trading can create big losses in him.It requires more expertise and skills particularly day-trading.But if you want to have less stress and less hardwork,then go on long-term investing.You just have to wait for a long period to gain good profit but still you have to be patient at all times.
I agree on that. I believe that trading is more amazing than buy and hold, because trading can bring us a huge amount of profit on the spot if we are lucky. I think trading is more profitable than buying and hold because buying and holding for a long term is really amazing but it really needs a big patience in order for us to wait for the exact time or maybe price to sell.

belalangsembah

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:41:40 AM

Better daily trading though the benefits you get little by little can be overwhelming. I prefer to always trade than I keep the coins I have if you just keep or hold the coins it will be difficult to make a profit
Alexvid

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

Financial markets are always very harsh and cryptocurrency is also so, you will not be able to succeed if you do not have the knowledge and experience in this market. Experience from the market and those who have had a long time to enter the market to grasp its rules.
Yes, that's about it.
You can't make any money, let alone think about becoming a millionaire if you don't have the proper knowledge and experience.
And some luck.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:07:47 PM

Yes, that's about it.
You can't make any money, let alone think about becoming a millionaire if you don't have the proper knowledge and experience.
And some luck.
Luck is the product of work and trying over and over again, you can`t win if you don`t try. I think answer on this is very simple, do both, why not? Prices have their peaks and bottoms, nobody tells you that you need to be perfect trader you can sell when you in nice profit, don`t be greedy and you will do just fine. For amateurs like most of us are patience is needed, buy at some price if you wait long enough price will grow, don`t wait top like I said sell on some good profit for you and buy something else with potential, and what has potential, look at here about which coin people talk mostly, active communities are the key for success.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Qunetick

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

Trading or HODL

Spectrecoin  +48228%
  Neo  +90450%
  Ethereum  +95390%
  IOTA  +105505%
  NXT  +391776%

I agree on that. I believe that trading is more amazing than buy and hold, because trading can bring us a huge amount of profit on the spot if we are lucky. I think trading is more profitable than buying and hold because buying and holding for a long term is really amazing but it really needs a big patience in order for us to wait for the exact time or maybe price to sell.
Buy and hold is always a part of trading and when you decide when to dump you always have your strong hold despite of how unpredicatable price value it has. However we're not certain at all aspects but it doesn't matter as long as you knew how to put every situations within your control.

b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:22:15 PM

Trading or HODL

most people choose day trading because they think its more profitable than buy-hold method. day trading maybe risky, but if we can get it in the right time it will be great, and about the time, i think every person will have a different POV about this, there's people which keep watching the market, and the others are just check it again after a few hours.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:28:00 AM

I think you have to take the risk and go for at least position trading over just mindless hodling.  The main reason is I think each day in this space could equal a month 3 years from now and everything you multiply now will be worth exponentially more at a later date.   The window of opportunity for massive easy gains is closing a little bit each day and you don't want to waste these  years especially.. concentrate on multiplying bitcoin with every trade and ride the bitcoin gains up as we go parabolic again later this year or next.  You have to go for broke now... or you will regret it later.. even if the projects you are in gain 10X over the course of 3 years.. it's just not good enough compared to the opportunities presented daily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: