Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think exchanges are manipulating prices now ?  (Read 385 times)
megacrypto

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:36:37 PM

There are always price manipulations, but I don't think it's an exchange that pull the strings. There are market makers who are playing their games with it on the exchanges.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN                                         ● MEDIUMANN THREAD
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:51:02 PM

I read a couple news about price manipulations, it's a real thing and new to me, so sorry if it sounds newbie.

I am still trying to understand how this manipulation works. This could be the main reason for what is happening to prices now ?
Recently found that CMC were found manipulating the bitcoin prices by giving fake details about the coins prices but I never heard that exchanges manipulating the prices bit it may happen too so we need to check the prices in multiple exchange before trading any coins.

Atleast they are only funding but not directly manipulating market,though i believe that manipulation is really happening and its by the whales i know theres no concrete evidence about this but United States are into this as i have read in thread that they are forming a investogation team to look about this issue and to stop the future activities.if does then market will be healthy again without other doubt
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:06:38 PM

I read a couple news about price manipulations, it's a real thing and new to me, so sorry if it sounds newbie.

I am still trying to understand how this manipulation works. This could be the main reason for what is happening to prices now ?

You can always look at the coinmarketcap because the prices of each bitcoins are always compared on different exchangers so we can get the legitimate price of bitcoins today.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
developer101dev

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:18:42 AM

In my own opinion, they will not be able to manipulate the market prices because the price is always depending on the supply and demand so you can compare the market's highest price where you can trade depending on where you will be getting more advantage.
JessicaHanlon

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:47:32 AM

I do not think so. Exchange helps to make prices more stable
AaronPeters

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:48:28 AM

I do not think so exchanging help prices more stable
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:10:43 AM

I think the exchanges have nothing to do with the price manipulation but instead the big whales and some group that are conspiring to create a price market movement. Manipulating the price is very much possible of these people because of the huge resources at their disposal in which they will pump the market to attract more people to invest and when the market is already much expensive then they will suddenly to sell their coins.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:00:17 AM

I think not ! For me , Traders are the manipulator of the prices of cryptocurrencies in the exchange/s. They are the once who buy and sell altcoins , that's why I am saying that Exchanges are not the manipulators, it is the Crypto traders.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:18:58 PM

Just like anyone here. I don't think exchanges has the ability and resources to manipulate the market. They will need allot of money before they can manipulate it.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:31:01 PM

Price manipulations will not affect the market the way it is right now!  I think what is happening is beyond price manipulation, it will not be easy to dump billions of cryptocurrency on exchange! At least I'm yet to see a person with billons of cryptocurrency in his or her wallet!

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2912
Merit: 776

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:39:15 PM

Price manipulation do exist not only into this market but the same into other industry as well as long there are big players in the market which do have the capability on manipulating prices then its just normal to have these dudes to exist into this field and crypto market isn't on the exception list and since we do talk about exchanger if we do try to look up some coins are being pumped up in an instant either on 10x to thousand times and then suddenly dumped.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:28:57 AM

Now there are more than 200 crypto exchange so i think not possible for that exchange to manipulate the price of mayor coin like Bitcoin and Ethereum. In my opinion the more possible to manipulate the price is token or coin that listed in 1 exchange only and this coin will be easy to manipulate by their team developer by push the price and then dump it.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:42:31 AM

An insider can manipulate the price since they are capable of knowing which coin will be listed. Remember the Coinbase incident where a suspected insider trading happened when Coinbase listed Bitcoin cash, that one is possible. But having an exchange site participate in such an act will tarnish their name and will put not only the brand but also the people behind it.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:32:04 AM

The exchange always adjusts prices so that the most reasonable. So the exchange will never manipulate the market price. If big exchanges like Binance or Bittrex want to manipulate market prices, they can manipulate easily

I think users will tend to manipulate this market more because the exchange they have received great profits from users. Personally, I am very careful about this situation and always consider selling as soon as I get the best profit because this market is in very dangerous period.
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 10:35:51 AM

The exchanges can manipulate the price of coins just to make huge profit.
We have heard many icos developers saying exchange charge them high fees,force them to work with bot ,some market makers and deposit some of their tokens/coins if they want their coins/ token to be listed.
The exchange directors also tell them the need for trading using bot pointing that it helps in boosting the volume of a coin.
The question is if those exchange are not supporting bot why would a coin hit 500% at its initial lunch only to fall to -600% or more?
We have heard that some exchange don't give real account of its volume of trade.
To make the matter worse,the exchange dump the tokens given to them by the ico developers,and this ugly trend result in manipulation.
If you watch exchange sees the volume,and this help them to manipulate the price using bot via placing fake buy orders nobody is ready to fill.
Some ico developers giving in to this because its investors are desperate to list on big exchange instead of building the product of that project.
We have heard that some exchange give reported volume not the real volume of trade on its exchange.
So,exchange are manipulating the price and it is high time regulation is put in place to checkmate their irregularities.
msk19

Merit: 102

ADVANCED UX ON BLOCKCHAIN ​​DAPP

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:38:28 PM

The market of crypto currency is just emerging, but already, like any other market where securities are traded, it is subject to manipulation by large players.

JamesR1

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

Exchanges are just platform for traders to exchange BTC\ALTS\USD , actually what happening now is just some old enough traders cashing out for long time investment in bitcoin or altcoins .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:44:42 PM

I don't think that there is an exchange that manipulates prices. I am more inclined that people who have lots of assets or certain groups will be able to manipulate prices. A manipulator aims to take advantage of the extraordinary panic conditions experienced by the Public. This will be very detrimental to many people and that is the chance for a manipulator to take advantage !! A price manipulator is an irresponsible person, he has a bad way of working by destroying the lives of many people.
lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

I don't know if the exchanges are manipulating price now.But in the past it has been proved that some exchanges like Poloniex have manipulated the price by atrificailly trading /pumping non existent btc with USDT .The usdt was non existing in the reserves,but they still buy as much tc as they can with bots,by increasing price for every transaction till they brought the btc price from few hundred dollars to some $6k.It has been investigated and documented by many analysts (don't want to post external links.You can Google to find facts)
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:39:39 PM

I think this is done by some parties, those who have big capital can set prices as they please, that's sometimes the price in each market is different, but I don't think all the prices of coins in the market can be manipulated,
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: