Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin on movies  (Read 619 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:20:35 PM

i've seen a 2016 movie titled "HACKER" and also in netflix's "the heist"  dragging bitcoin as hackers money /dirty money/ bad guys money and i find it wrong because they are creating a negative connotation on bitcoin. i think it is high time to restructure the image of bitcoin on movies.
is there other movies that portray bitcoin in a protagonist side?

I don't think there are any movies who really show Bitcoin or crypto in a positive light.
Why not? Because this is the mainstream. And their job right now is to make the average joe as much skeptical about Bitcoin & crypto as possible, to delay adoption and understanding of this technology as long as they can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:31:16 PM

i've seen a 2016 movie titled "HACKER" and also in netflix's "the heist"  dragging bitcoin as hackers money /dirty money/ bad guys money and i find it wrong because they are creating a negative connotation on bitcoin. i think it is high time to restructure the image of bitcoin on movies.

Yeah, i definitely agree, all the media does is show a bad picture of bitcoin, like the other day i was watching MR ROBOT and they brought up an episode where the bad guy is using bitcoin to do illegal activities on the dark net, i know it is kind of the truth but the influence that media had on people not trusting bitcoin is what is holding it back.
Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 07:45:12 PM

I remebered a Big bang theory episode with bitcoin mention. Not very relevant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0B4XJY4_gg

I'm waiting for the satoshi's biopic ^^

MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:53:10 PM

In the serie "The Blacklist" there were a lot of scenes in where a lot of people were using bitcoins to pay for stuff, and for hack purposes. This is a very good scerie and it is more than addictive, i suggest you to watch it .

Hello
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:07:15 PM

i've seen a 2016 movie titled "HACKER" and also in netflix's "the heist"  dragging bitcoin as hackers money /dirty money/ bad guys money and i find it wrong because they are creating a negative connotation on bitcoin. i think it is high time to restructure the image of bitcoin on movies.

Bitcoin  was mentioned in recent "Big Bang Theory " season as well. I think, it is very common in Internet web series also.

With time, people will realize the importance of bitcoins and crypto. It was misunderstood earlier as it is still quite new and there are people spreading FUD against it.
yes it is, "Big Bang Theory" season series once talked about Bitcoin technology that is still a strange for the public, not about what it is being related with few activities of hacker sometimes, but how it being talking much on the internet and people interest to buying it. It's would be great idea if any of those big market exchanges such as Binance or Bittrex or CoinBase funding a film director to creating such kind of this movies.
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:11:55 PM

Bitcoin  was mentioned in recent "Big Bang Theory " season as well. I think, it is very common in Internet web series also.

With time, people will realize the importance of bitcoins and crypto. It was misunderstood earlier as it is still quite new and there are people spreading FUD against it.
yes it is, "Big Bang Theory" season series once talked about Bitcoin technology that is still a strange for the public, not about what it is being related with few activities of hacker sometimes, but how it being talking much on the internet and people interest to buying it. It's would be great idea if any of those big market exchanges such as Binance or Bittrex or CoinBase funding a film director to creating such kind of this movies.
Oh I love The BBT!  Could you tell me in which episode and season there was about bitcoin?  I would like to watch it ASAP Smiley
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

Yes there are a few movies in my country that bitcoin was use as means of payment and the title was the corrupt politicians and in the movie they play how government officials use all the means available to steal money and one of which is bitcion. I don't know why bitcoin is always portray to be bad, I believe such movies are sponsored by government or some institutions that are attacking bitcoin.
Neraj Evad

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:34:15 PM

Yes there are a few movies in my country that bitcoin was use as means of payment and the title was the corrupt politicians and in the movie they play how government officials use all the means available to steal money and one of which is bitcion. I don't know why bitcoin is always portray to be bad, I believe such movies are sponsored by government or some institutions that are attacking bitcoin.

I think it is part of the popularity of bitcoin that it has been used in the movie industry , figure it out how bitcoin circulate in the market of digital world and it also promote bitcoin to be futher be introduced to the different part of the world
theblack_cat

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:50:50 PM

the film does have a strong influence on the development of bitcoin because the film is interpreted as something that is not good, not used as a tool that serves as something very important and useful, and we are obliged to look forward to the continuous film of the bitcoin protagonist

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:56:21 PM

I did not know that bitcoin was a protagonsite in a movie, but this tends to be more and more normal, since cryptocurrencies have come to stay
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:58:16 PM

I think it's just a movie. because right now even though bitcoin images are created in negative scenes in movies but now these bitcoin images are still high and bitcoin keeps a place in the hearts of the fans. and no other movie has been told about bitcoin.
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

"The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" ("The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin"). This movie will give you a chance to catch up with the earliest users of bitcoin technology. The film deeply analyzes the successes and falls experienced by early currency users since bitcoin was published in 2008.
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:57:25 AM

There's an episode in The Big Bang Theory that is about BTC. Here's the link: Click me
Nisjan

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:44:36 AM

Not for movies.do someadvertisement about bitcoin.yes out in multi media and this bitcoin wil be known well.In terms of payment bitcoin also can used.bitcoin will be popular for the advertisement they made
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:02:02 AM

Honestly, I just don't know there is a movie about bitcoin on Netflix. Thanks to you it interest me that I tap a research on that. And you were right, it was quite disappointment that they've used the name of bitcoin to use in an illegalities, crime, etc. And that dragged the reputation down. I do hope they will make a movie where they can explain the possibilities that may give this advanced technology in our life.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:57:17 AM

that's the function of the movie, they promote what people have ordered behind it. or they just know the bitcoin industry from the dark side only. while it is interesting and can entertain the audience, why do not they use it? they are not part of this community, so filmmakers doesnt give a shit about us. but I've seen several US series that talk about bitcoin and blockchain technology objectively, the show is called siilicon valley.
Grace037

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:59:17 AM

Sure bitcoin is in favor for me you can gain profit on this.,
ts sms

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:06:42 AM

I think there should be some movies or short plays for Bitcoin promotion. Because people can always remember what they see easily. More profitable to have pictures, short films, etc. for Tarera advertisement. These photos are useful in Bitcoin, Bitcoin profitable aspects, a group of people are trying to steal Bitcoin or Bitcoin wallet is hacking, but once they fail they will have to keep the pictures in such a way that the people have to keep the bitcane on them. As a result people will be interested in purchasing Bitcoin.
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 09:18:44 AM

wow a great idea. No one cares about this until you create this topic. Good image building for bitcoin will attract more investors. thank for your writting
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

I guess its more positive to watch. "John Wicked" staring Keanu Reeves in which bitcoin has being used as payments for the assassins this is more positive because in this movie bitcoin act as a money physically in a form of golden token,i think many of people here knows this movie since the part 3 is just soon to release this year.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: