Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash  (Read 761 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:42:19 PM

I prefer bitcoin, satoshi nakamoto no longer here to hold it fully but bitcoin cash is rogerver and jihan wu, i think it's more real that everyone chooses bitcoin because it's owned by everyone since the first established faucet site and other free bitcoin sites , but not with bitcoin cash it seems only big guys, no one downstairs who owns it and I think it's not interesting

Yes. It seems that Bitcoin Cash is only controlled by a few entities, in contrast to Bitcoin which is controlled by its community and the Core dev team. What's worse with Bitcoin Cash is that Roger Ver keeps fooling newcomers into cryptocurrency by making them think that Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin when it is just another altcoin. By using Bitcoin's name or branding, it could bring a lot of confusion in the mainstream world, especially to those who're new into the field of cryptocurrencies.

I think that the best name for Bitcoin Cash would've been “BitCash” to prevent confusion and let people know that Bitcoin Cash is indeed an altcoin and NOT the real Bitcoin. While both coins are similar in terms of supply, and other factors in the technical side, they have different visions and purposes in real life. As Bitcoin Cash aims to be used as "electronic peer-to-peer cash" it will take the necessary measures to make that happen even if it must sacrifice its decentralization. Right now, they've upgraded to 32MB block size limit, but I believe that they will keep increasing the block size over time until there's an unlimited block size on the blockchain, or a dynamically adjusted blocksize according to the network's transaction load.

This in effect, will make Bitcoin Cash extremely centralized over time, as once blocks start to become filled to their maximum block size, the storage and bandwidth requirements for a node would be greater, leaving an average Joe with small powered devices such as the Raspberry Pi, out of the network. Not to mention, Bitcoin Cash has a conman called Craig Wright who thinks he's the real Satoshi Nakomoto.

On the other hand, Bitcoin (although criticized by many) is taking the right direction to preserve its network security, reliability, and most of all, decentralization by implementing off-chain scalability solutions. This seems like the safest route to go (although not perfect) as anyone would still be able to run a full node for Bitcoin, and a LN node (if the user has enough capital to open/close a channel). Once the LN becomes active and stable on the Bitcoin network, then it will render most altcoins (like Bitcoin Cash) useless, since transactions would be instant, and fees would be negligible, having a positive effect over Bitcoin's dominance in the market.

Nevertheless, only time will tell whenever on-chain scaling or off-chain scaling will work as intended in a blockchain system. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:06:11 PM

There is no point in comparing Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash at the moment since everyone can clearly see that Bitcoin Cash is being manipulated by a handful of individuals which is not the case with Bitcoin. It is true that Bitcoin gets manipulated now and then, but I doubt it gets manipulated in the manner that Bitcoin Cash gets manipulated by the same group of individuals.

I feel like Bitcoin Cash is a centralized currency which cannot be trusted which is why I don't recommend investing into it. It is possible to earn huge profits through Bitcoin Cash due to its insane swings now and then, but this is a very risky option and is very unreliable.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pelipurlara

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:22:13 AM

I think Bitcoin cash can never beat bitcoin. Because bitcoin has a very high demand and has a very high delivery technology that makes people who use bitcoin for transactions very safe and convenient and it seems bitcoin will be very expensive and bitcoin can also be very rare
arthurgrand

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:27:40 AM

For me I think I would choose bitcoin on the long term scale and bitcoin cash for the short term because it still has a lot of room to grow.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:34:25 PM

I think Bitcoin cash can never beat bitcoin. Because bitcoin has a very high demand and has a very high delivery technology that makes people who use bitcoin for transactions very safe and convenient and it seems bitcoin will be very expensive and bitcoin can also be very rare

That's certainly true, mate. Based on facts, Bitcoin has more usage in the mainstream world than Bitcoin Cash itself. Ever since the split occurred on August 2017, Bitcoin Cash hasn't even mined a single 8mb block. Most recently, it has hard forked to upgrade its block size to 32mb, but the situation remains the same. This shows that BCH is barely used by anyone, even if it's capable to process more transactions at a cheaper rate than Bitcoin. Blocks haven't been filled to 32mb blocks yet, so it leaves BCH with plenty of space for transactions that will eventually become centralized if it experiences greater adoption over the long term.

However, that's not the case with Bitcoin, because even if it has a block size limit of 1mb, it will retain its decentralization over time. Layer-two solutions such as the Lightning Network will allow Bitcoin to scale safely without compromising decentralization. In case the LN were to fail, then the main chain will operate as normal in a decentralized fashion. On the other hand, increasing the block size would greatly affect the decentralization of the cryptocurrency (like the case of Bitcoin Cash), as blocks would become bigger and the costs of operating a node would become totally insane. Only big data centers, wealthy people, and corporations would be able to operate a node, as the blockchain data will increase in an unprecedented rate. As for BCH, the blockchain data will increase up to 32x than that of Bitcoin's, making it extremely centralized if blocks were to be filled at maximum capacity.

Despite everything, both cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash) have many things in common such as supply, block time, and halving rate. As such, both coins are rare by design which would have a positive effect in their price over the long term. It's interesting to watch how they would tend to become in the future, as they have their unique visions on scaling. Whenever it is Lightning Network with SegWit, or a simple block size increase, time will tell which scalable solution is successful to help drive Bitcoin's usage in the mainstream world. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:34:51 AM

The main Bitcoin is now supported by many financial institutions, in some countries it has already been accepted as an additional currency. Bitcoin Cash will not disappear either. Due to the large size of the blocks technically it has the best potential. Therefore, it will not be surprising if the rate of this digital coin will grow and as a result will be equal to Bitcoin.
danceinthedunes

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:37:49 AM

Right now, there is a good argument to be made as to why Bitcoin Cash is better than Bitcoin. When you take into account transaction speed and scalability, it is clear that BCH has the upper hand. However, let me emphasize that because BCH currently has the upper hand DOES NOT mean it always will. Understand that these blockchains are still largely in development and a lot can happen in the upcoming years. It is very possible the Lightning Network will be of exceptional use and be the all solution to the problems Bitcoin is facing.

I’m hesitant to definitively select a blockchain as the best because what is considered the best right now may not always be the best in the future. This is really a race between the blockchains. BCH has the upper hand right now but that doesn’t mean BTC can’t bring it back.
Skizzewizzie

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:42:11 AM

Bitcoin cash is a continuation of bitcoin as a peer-to-peer e-cash item. It is a split from the Bitcoin blockchain ledger, which is an upgrade of its consensus rules so that it can better expand and develop.
Om George Kesurupan

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:44:12 AM

I agree with you BCH will never beat Bitcoin, Bitcoin is the main coin and becomes the benchmark of all coins so it is very difficult for Bitcoin cash to beat Bitcoin.
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:53:55 AM

I think in bitcoin it is still better than bitcoin cash
I prefer bitcoin because altcoin is already much enjoyed by people and so now bitcoin prices will soon come back and so even though now the value of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash in the market is higher BitcoinCash I remain and sure prefer Bitcoin

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:36:04 PM

The main Bitcoin is now supported by many financial institutions, in some countries it has already been accepted as an additional currency. Bitcoin Cash will not disappear either. Due to the large size of the blocks technically it has the best potential. Therefore, it will not be surprising if the rate of this digital coin will grow and as a result will be equal to Bitcoin.

Agree. Bitcoin has first mover advantage, and it's the most widely used and supported cryptocurrency to date. Since it's the golden standard of cryptocurrencies, it'll be here to stay for years to come. On the other hand, Bitcoin Cash might survive and remain in crypto land for a very long time. Both cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash) have their unique approach to scalability, which are interesting to watch as time passes by.

Of course, I'm not comfortable with the level of centralization Bitcoin Cash has, but at least the coin itself serves as a testing grounds for scalability. By increasing the block size in BCH, we can determine how efficient it will be in terms of scalability over time. On the other hand, Bitcoin's Lightning Network takes a different approach to scalability, which is also experimental. Over time, only one scalable solution will become successful in bringing the blockchain to the masses.

In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to buy and hold both cryptocurrencies for the future. As for me, I've been an early adopter of Bitcoin and had received free Bitcoin Cash. I haven't sold them yet, which is free money that may really pay off in the long term.

Nevertheless, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash have a lot more than meets the eye. Over time, we'll see how everything will turn up with these cryptocurrencies. But in my eyes, Bitcoin will always be the original Bitcoin, and Bitcoin Cash will remain as an altcoin for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Aikolmu

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:55:35 PM

I will pick bitcoin in light of the fact that bitcoin is less demanding to do meaning it will be more productive in light of the fact that we while doing exchange with bitcoin we live just traded it yet in the event that Bitcoin Cash need to change over back to bitcoin in execute it as I would like to think.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:30:07 PM

I will pick bitcoin in light of the fact that bitcoin is less demanding to do meaning it will be more productive in light of the fact that we while doing exchange with bitcoin we live just traded it yet in the event that Bitcoin Cash need to change over back to bitcoin in execute it as I would like to think.

Bitcoin is much more strong and resilient that Bitcoin Cash itself. It has been demonstrated, that the latter is centralized and controlled by a few players. As such, most people prefer to use Bitcoin over Bitcoin Cash for their daily transactions. The inability of BCH to mine blocks over 8mb, shows that there's virtually no interest in the cryptocurrency. Since it's usage is very minimal, it's no wonder why BCH is cheap and faster than Bitcoin itself. However, once it starts to gain traction (which I doubt it), then fees will start to rise, and transactions will become expensive as blocks become filled to their maximum capacity (just like what's happening with Bitcoin right now).

Even if BCH keeps increasing the block size over the long term, the results will be negative as it becomes more centralized due to the inability of node operators to maintain the blockchain because of the high storage costs and bandwidth requirements. Therefore, in the end, Bitcoin might win after all with its Lightning Network solution. Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
ps

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:03:34 PM

Technically Bitcoin Cash is better. bigger block size, faster transaction speed, low transaction fee and it is already trading over $800+

But Bitcoin has “first-mover” advantage, you can buy almost anything with Bitcoin core. From coffee to apartments and it’s return is much more than Bitcoin cash.

A better idea would be a 70–30% investment in Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash respectively.

Also, if you’ll have Bitcoin then you are eligible for any free currency(like Bitcoin cash) comes out of any Bitcoin fork.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:54:27 PM

Technically Bitcoin Cash is better. bigger block size, faster transaction speed, low transaction fee and it is already trading over $800+

But Bitcoin has “first-mover” advantage, you can buy almost anything with Bitcoin core. From coffee to apartments and it’s return is much more than Bitcoin cash.

A better idea would be a 70–30% investment in Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash respectively.

Also, if you’ll have Bitcoin then you are eligible for any free currency(like Bitcoin cash) comes out of any Bitcoin fork.

True. Bitcoin Cash may be better in technical aspects, but it's not in terms of long term security and reliability. This is because, it will become centralized over time as blocks are filled beyond the 32mb limit, making it expensive for an average person to operate a full node. However, if technology would somehow grow at a fast pace, and costs would become reduced over time (Moore's Law), then there should be no problem at all as people will be able to afford storage costs in the future.

In the meantime, that's not happening, and BCH would eventually become centralized because of the high storage costs and bandwidth it will require once blocks reach the 32mb limit. Despite this, Bitcoin Cash is ready to scale to a large user base, while maintaining low costs and fast transaction speeds.

In my case, I would prefer Bitcoin over Bitcoin Cash, due to its decentralization and unparalleled security. Even if Bitcoin is slow and expensive right now, it may not be in the future once it successfully adopts the Lightning Network. Once this happens, then it'll be a fierce battle between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash to determine which is capable of scaling to many people while maintaining decentralization (which is the most important factor to consider IMO).

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to invest into BCH too, as it could give you a lot of profit if it skyrockets in price within the future. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: