Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 09:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many cryptocurrencies !  (Read 6270 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:11:18 PM

Then the next question would be what's the essence of the decentralisation afterall. I believe the goal of decentralisation and by extension cryptocurrency is to take away the power of regulatory authorities, bringing them back would defeat that purpose.

People have never really bothered to care about decentralization, but that's slowly changing now with how exchanges are being subject to regulations forcing people to verify themselves. It's something that will lead to a faster level of develoment of decentralized exchanges, and thus more adoption overall. It's a process I highly welcome because exchanging funds in a truly decentralized manner with the highest level of convenience is the ultimate goal.

I can see an entire decentralized world economy emerge where governments can do shit. It will be the moment governments no longer treat you as their money slave, but as actual citizen with complete control over every aspect of its life. I know it's somewhat of a fantasy right now, but it's not impossible. This is exactly why I won't ever sell the majority of my coins. It's all or nothing for me.
RasicaOla12

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

There are 1624 currently active cryptocurrencies and more than 100 cryptocurrencies exchanges working right now in 2018.
With so many cryptocurrencies in the market Without regulations I feel there should be some body to legalize only a few , since its not like the more the merrier!
It just increases risks of any Fraud.
Small companies often are at a risk of shutting down with so tough competition.
The reason why the percentage of market Bitcoins dominates isn't exactly because they got less investors now , it's just because with so many currencies around the globe it's getting saturated and distributed .
Only some of them would be successful like 10-20 but with this tough competition it's risking people's investments and both these small small exchanges.
I strongly believe that a regulatory body should tackle this and then make a decision.
I think is negative in it's own way.
Share your opinions below , do you think it's positive ?
It's true that today's founders have come out with a lot of different digital coins because they are just bitcoin variants that have more than 1000 different digital coins.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:14:56 PM

There are 1624 currently active cryptocurrencies and more than 100 cryptocurrencies exchanges working right now in 2018.
With so many cryptocurrencies in the market Without regulations I feel there should be some body to legalize only a few , since its not like the more the merrier!
The reason why the percentage of market Bitcoins dominates isn't exactly because they got less investors now , it's just because with so many currencies around the globe it's getting saturated and distributed .
Only some of them would be successful like 10-20 but with this tough competition it's risking people's investments and both these small small exchanges.
I strongly believe that a regulatory body should tackle this and then make a decision.
I do not like the idea of a regulatory body because now we are going to depend on a centralized party to tell us what it is good for us and what it is not and that kind of power always leads to corruption since those in charge of that could benefit themselves by investing in a coin before they declare it safe and make a fortune doing some insider trading, also what it is stopping them to say that bitcoin is unsafe since it is not backed by anything? So I prefer that the market remain this way and people are responsible for the consequences of their actions.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:23:50 PM

hold on a minute there mate.
company? what company? are you talking about ICOs or cryptocurrencies? they are two different things. an ICO has a company (granted it is usually a kid in his parents basement calling himself in his underwear a "company"). a cryptocurrency does NOT have a  company. a cryptocurrency (that is not a centralized shitcoin) is a decentralized open source project that everyone can use and contribute to and change the code of.

you are wrong again...
number of investors is shown based on volume not market cap. the bitcoin volume has been increasing more and more every day.
what you are looking at is the market cap which is a fake number. for example if i create a new shitcoin (which will take me only 1 hour to do so if i wanted to) and release 100 billion coins (which is the norm these days) and then list it on a shitty exchange and can pump it to at least $1 then bitcoin's dominance in your eyes falls another percentage. but did the "dominance" drop or were you fooled into believing it did?

There is a FOMO brewing...
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:34:11 PM

I am agree with this opinion. With many cryptocurrency and with growing market cap in cryptocurrency market, I am believe that needed regulation on market. Regulation needed to protect peoples from being scamed
You are partially right, Because we need regulation but some centralised coins are directly survive in the market so it is not completely transparent to customers and it will not make profit. But some promising decentralised Cryptocurrencies are well performed in the market so government is regulate the Cryptocurrency is not supporting to people because it completely favourable in government.

Yes.In market,both centralized cryptocurrency and decentralized cryptocurrency available.Investors get more profit in decentralized cryptocurrency than in centralized cryptocurrency.For this reason,many people use to inverse in decentralized cryptocurrency.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

In the US alone, there are more than five thousands high institutions of learning with no one affecting or disturbing each other. While I agree on the need for regulating body to establish some sanity, legalizing only a few is not what is expected. Let everyone flourish to the best of their ability the market participants should be the determinants of those that will go long term or fizzle out of the space.

Your argument at this point sounded one sided and show that the reason why you are clamoring for regulation is so that market share can be decimated to the most popular coins thereby limiting initiative which would frustrate alot of people out of the market. This is not what is needed now

I strongly believe in decentralisation and that involves a level playing ground for everyone while a regulating body is just there to ensure we all play according to the rules. My opinion.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:30:20 PM

i think right now are still good if many crypto currency are still active, they have their own target and roadmap to effectivly using it as a tech, otherwise the good project will stand and really make a good competition in this industry too

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1773
Merit: 1004

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:36:15 PM

This is the reason why we face difficulty in seeking potential currency to invest. And one more drawback of that much currencies is new people face loss because they invest in scam projects and then they fear to invest even in potential currency.

Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:37:10 PM

But I think someone starts to regulate these cryptocurrencies, it would create a stir to the market. As more people are trying to invest in coins with cheaper or lesser value to gain profits (hopefully) in the future.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:44:23 PM

You are basically wrong, I don't know when you last checked but some of the exchanges has been regulated especially the once operating in countries such as Japan, Korea, U.S.A., and Thailand. This countries early on identified that ICOs can be a cause for a big scam and with this emerging market a lot of people could lose their money, that is why as of right now they have some various screening process as well as types of cryptocurrencies entering their market is being done right now. However fixing this globally could take a while.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:59:36 PM

Well said as regards real and serious regulations for incoming ICOs. I do hope the meetings held with the world financial bodies are already looking into this; placing stringent guideless to be met. And if possible,  there can be a merger of the already existing ICO projects instead of having like 100s running same project plans. 

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:15:35 PM

All things are not right in all time it is common the same problem is with crypto currency we need to choose the best currencies very some if the currency are only valuable in future so make some more times to make a investment.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:33:19 PM

All things are not right in all time it is common the same problem is with crypto currency we need to choose the best currencies very some if the currency are only valuable in future so make some more times to make a investment.
Good thing that there is a coinmarketcap that says eveything, just like those in top cryptocurrency that is why we need to be picky when it comes to the coin that we want, most of the newbies in investment are choosing those in the top10 list in cmc.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 05:39:51 PM

lots of crypto now, and if you are new to crypto, my advice is if you want to invest or trade, choose coin with market cap, market capitalization, supply and demands, volatility, highest. such as bitcoin or etherum. because if you try altcoin, and you can not wait for the long term, surely you will be disappointed. because the increase of other altcoin values is very slow.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:43:18 PM

And one more drawback of that much currencies is new people face loss because they invest in scam projects and then they fear to invest even in potential currency.

People are doing that to themselves. Nowadays quite some of the people are already aware of the fact that most things they invest in are scams. Their stupidity tells them that they can exit with profits before it busts, which is something nothing can be done about. I as government can regulate the market as firm as I want, but if people are out to pump money in scams, nothing will stop them. These are actually the people that are harming our ecosystem -- their greed incentivizes scams to continue to pop up. I have zero mercy for these people if they lose their initial investment. If you do something stupid you have to pay for it, period.
cryptoman512

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:44:31 PM

There has to be some kind of a worldwide cryptocurrency organisation,which approves or denies new altcoins.
All the crypto trading platforms will have to abide by the rules of this organisation and clear the crypto marketplace from the shitty pump&dump coins.
There`s nothing wrong with having a tough competition,a competitive market is a must and only the strongest and most trustworthy coins will survive.

I think I know a group whos working to consolidate all working, legit and useful platform or protocols. I am not allowed to say their group for now because they are still in development, they are currently researching more than 500 cryptocurrncies like now. And I learn a lot that most of the coins/token in the top 100 are supposedly should not be in that range because they don't actually have continouos development going on. I hope we see some other Non government organazations that will have the initiative to clear the noise among 16oo cryptos.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

There has to be some kind of a worldwide cryptocurrency organisation,which approves or denies new altcoins.
All the crypto trading platforms will have to abide by the rules of this organisation and clear the crypto marketplace from the shitty pump&dump coins.
There`s nothing wrong with having a tough competition,a competitive market is a must and only the strongest and most trustworthy coins will survive.

I think I know a group whos working to consolidate all working, legit and useful platform or protocols. I am not allowed to say their group for now because they are still in development, they are currently researching more than 500 cryptocurrncies like now. And I learn a lot that most of the coins/token in the top 100 are supposedly should not be in that range because they don't actually have continouos development going on. I hope we see some other Non government organazations that will have the initiative to clear the noise among 16oo cryptos.
Oh that is interesting, anyway, there is nothing we can do with so many cryptocurrencies since we don't have regulations with them, for me it is fine for as long as they will be competitive in the market and would not just there as a display and not moving.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:40:08 PM

Not all the cryptocurrency in the market will really grow because some of the developers are not doing their job or they are not working at all in order for their coins to grow so more currency means big competition and there will be higher chance for bitcoins to grow even more in the future.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:54:30 PM

First of all these coins landing on coinmarketcap are really not active. I mean they enjoy almost negligible volume and moreover most of them are not even cryptocurrencies just another pieces of shit. When it comes to legalizing I think there will be a licensing procedure for getting your coin registered as a cryptocurrencies and only then will people enjoy the protection of government or any other legal authority over that coin. Otherwise just saying that all 1624 currencies are legal is just going to increase problems for any legal authority and nothing more than that.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:58:44 PM

Every crypto currencies has their own roadmaps and I think it is their responsibilites, developers, to take the road that in their mind, will make their crypto  successful. If their crypto currencies did not survive the cruel competition with a lot of other opponents then I think that is the fault of the developers and we don't need to think about it since we are just basing our investments on their future plans and strategies.
After seeing the unimaginable success of Bitcoin their are many new crypto currency comes into the digital market. In this time Bitcoin is more popular and recommend cryptocurrency because it is accepted in many developed abd developing countries and its price is higher then other crypto currency. Crypto currency are decentralised in nature it means they are not in control of any single person or authority. Ethereum is the second most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin it is mainly used for long-term investment because of its less volatile nature. Another crypto currency Litecoin is best for money transaction facility because it provide fast processing in comparison to other crypto.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: