Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs Involved in project Ethereum... ARE YOU F... KIDDING ME  (Read 21552 times)
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

So just cuz someone worked for Goldman Sachs at one point in his life, he's never allowed to get into crypto and we should boycott any crypto projects from him?

Probably 75% (i don't know, just guessing) of people who are educated about finance and economics have worked for or currently are employed by big finance companies.

I don't see what the big deal here is, Unless the employee in question was someone who fucked people over through immoral means.

I believe that they people here are talking about the illuminati =>>>>>
zionist = jewish bankers = devil worshippers = satanists = kabbalah/magicians = masons = media = multimillion corporations = governments = hypocrites = egyptian idol worshippers = terrorism (false flag attacks blamed on Islam and Muslims or other groups) = supporters of gays, mass murderers = baby killers = sacraficing animals and humans and worshipping devils and others except from God (Allah) so that the devils would work for them and in return they corrupt nations and people get hypnotised etc etc ---- just look up the word "illuminati" in combination with any other term such as "music", "governments", "false flags", "911" etc etc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Burninj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:44:03 PM

So just cuz someone worked for Goldman Sachs at one point in his life, he's never allowed to get into crypto and we should boycott any crypto projects from him?

Probably 75% (i don't know, just guessing) of people who are educated about finance and economics have worked for or currently are employed by big finance companies.

I don't see what the big deal here is, Unless the employee in question was someone who fucked people over through immoral means.

I believe that they people here are talking about the illuminati =>>>>>
zionist = jewish bankers = devil worshippers = satanists = kabbalah/magicians = masons = media = multimillion corporations = governments = hypocrites = egyptian idol worshippers = terrorism (false flag attacks blamed on Islam and Muslims or other groups) = supporters of gays, mass murderers = baby killers = sacraficing animals and humans and worshipping devils and others except from God (Allah) so that the devils would work for them and in return they corrupt nations and people get hypnotised etc etc ---- just look up the word "illuminati" in combination with any other term such as "music", "governments", "false flags", "911" etc etc

No not really we are talking of people of goldman sachs who are responsible of mass murders...

Oh by the way, lloyd blankfein thinks he's making the work of god...
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

Oh look someone who actually watched and understood the clip in question instead of just reading the headline!
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

No More Debt Based Usury Currencies. Never Again.

No more debt bondage into perpetuity ever again.

No more Independent Central Banks.

Only real Government Public Banks.

Make it all forced by Constitutional Amendments world wide.

No more being slaves to these evil monsters.

(Edited) Otherwise the Peoples are just another form of slaves from cradle to grave.

The Truth? They can't stand for anyone to know these truths.

Caveat emptor - let the DEBTOR beware!
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:20:47 PM

No More Debt Based Usury Currencies. Never Again.

No more debt bondage into perpetuity ever again.

No more Independent Central Banks.

Only real Government Public Banks.

Make it all forced by Constitutional Amendments world wide.

No more being slaves to these evil monsters.

Otherwise their just another form of slaves from cradle to grave.

The Truth? They can't stand for anyone to know these truths.

+1
Slingshot

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:27:56 PM

Oh look someone who actually watched and understood the clip in question instead of just reading the headline!

What a load of bullshit. Crawl back to your Bailout Queen Masters!

The existing financial professionals: 'the best and brightest'. They required bailout and bonuses for FAILURE.

Their anything but experts, and merely fools, stooges, or criminals. The very foundations of traditional economic theories are grossly fraudulent. As Sir Alan Greenspan himself was forced to admit.

Any independent student of macro economics can run circles around these pretentious and disingenuous parasites.

Usury Parasites.

And no, I don't view nor listen to propaganda video's.

Slingshot

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:33:43 PM

Anyone is free to utilize open source clients, and make a fork.

But at this point it better be a real classic Masterpiece, and a stand out slam dunk, or it's not going far, unless of course the parasites and maggots want their very own private crypto.

Everyone is welcome. What nonsense and babble will these clowns come up with next.

Best go crawl back under those rocks and think before you open your traps and remove all doubt.

As for the City of London, and Manhattan. Stick a fork in those LOSERS. Their all burnt toast.

And just like Communists these Fascists of all stripes are about to reap what thou hath sowed.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Pitstop

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:35:44 PM

Ha!!! I think this coin just got killed by that guy on the Grassy Knoll or was it the fella with the umbrella, No I'm sure it was the driver of his car that took the KILL SHOT!!! Oops! did I say too much?

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

While I agree with what has been said, maybe you guys are a bit over reacting….

Here is a comment on this youtube channel from Charles Hoskinson about this issue:

Goldman Sachs has no involvement in our venture nor is an investor to the best of our knowledge. Two of our developers both worked at Goldman Sachs and have both since moved into the cryptocurrency space.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Goldman Sachs is the most famous investment bank in the world and thus synonymous with the greed, corruption, excess that is connected with investment banking culture.

There are tons of big finance companies that are neither investment banks nor have Sachs reputation. An even if he was from an investment bank I doubt this reaction would occur if it was eg bnp paribus. I can definitely see where OP is coming from.
dtothemt

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:47:46 PM

Well... I went from giving Ethereum a 8.5/10 to a 0/10.

Congrats to the Ethereum devs on creating the mark of the beast or something like that.

Ethereum is now officially DOA.

Edit: Down with the top 1% of the world!!! (excluding Satoshi of course)
Jamesco

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:20:40 PM

The amount of contradictions people in the crypto community make is astonishing. I am not talking about the average jo but the hardcore idealogical ones. I understand your disdain with the current finical system but when you pretend your real motives are somehow a more equal equitable world when half of your previous posts are just in search for better ways to make better crypto trading decisions to gain more personal wealth...its stupid to say the least. Then after all that, you have no problems getting on your high horse and triumphantly running around the land searching for people to joust while screaming fuck greed and fuck excess and most of all fuck the system! All the meanwhile cheering and jeering every other fool thats screaming the same idealogical hatred against any system. This somehow curing you of your guilt for in no way making the world a better place and you're dumb enough that you think you constant screams will somehow fix the problems you see in the world and you sleep feeling better about yourself at night.

Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:06:56 AM

Congrats to the Ethereum devs on creating the mark of the beast or something like that.

You don't really think do you?

Get rid of the current 1% another group is now the 1%.

No matter what there will always be people richer then all others.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:13:08 AM

It's disappointing, but I'll still spend some BTC on it.
Ethereumnyc

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:32:45 AM

Guys you gotta relax lol, ethereum was the brain child of vitalik, it sort of developed when he was working on the colored coin project. The goal of ethereum is to take us to crypto currency 2.0 an work with btc. Ethereum took a major leap this past December at the Las Vegas show, I went down there with Steve dakh and his partner in kryptokit, me him am vitalik started hanging out we went to the suana and just started discussing ethereum. Tony went back to Toronto with Vitalik and the rest is history, they built a team, but this is vitalik dream and vision. On the plane home all we did was discuss economics and ethereum.  Yes I worked on Wall Street and yes I am a finance freak. BUT GET THIS STRAIGT! I will be voting for RAND PAUL 2016, I'm an Austrian economist hardcore libertarian free market loving waiting for the rise of the common sense republic. There is no conspiracy, we are going to change the world.

http://platonicgap.wordpress.com/

scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:34:05 AM

dont worry OP tons of idiots will still give them money for the "IPO" goldman sachs execs need more bonuses anyways

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Ethereumnyc

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:59:37 AM

It's just one guy who worked for Goldman at one point lol, u guys are silly.

Plus the best thing we can do is convince bankers to start accepting and taxing crypto currency, in turn they take the bait. The goal is to move away from government controlled fiat by use it disruptive tech.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:12:25 AM

Coinbase also has Goldman ties.  Are you gonna troll Coinbase now?   Roll Eyes
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:32:40 AM

Guys you gotta relax lol

quote author=Ethereumnyc

quote author=Ethereumnyc

quote author=Ethereumnyc

SHILLING INTENSIFIES

If you overlook the fact that it has some Goldman guys being involved, it still has all the negatives of NXT, Quark, and Protoshares wrapped into one coin as mentioned in my post:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432207.0

No matter what positives the coin is able to bring, which are all completely unknown at this point, they have packaged the negatives from every other coin in existence and bundled them all into one product.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:05:51 PM

It's just one guy who worked for Goldman at one point lol, u guys are silly.

Plus the best thing we can do is convince bankers to start accepting and taxing crypto currency, in turn they take the bait. The goal is to move away from government controlled fiat by use it disruptive tech.

Lulz. Taxing cryptocurreny? Are you kidding me? How is that possibly beneficial to anyone besides government. The only "tax" that should ever come on crypto is the mining fee. The government and its agencies have nothing to do with the ecosystem and it should remain that way. The free people of the world finally have a new source of common trade that is independent of government backed dollars for the first time since 1913 and you're suggesting we invite them in to tax it? People are quick to forget that the American Revolution was started because of a 2% tax on Tea. Another fact people forget is that the U.S. Supreme Court already ruled that tax on income and real property is unconstitutional. Understand your rights history before you so openly advocate for taxes. If you wanna go ahead and donate your coins to the government then go ahead but don't bring the rest of us with you Smiley

-On May 21, 1895, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a direct tax on personal income was unconstitutional as a result of the case of Pollock v. Farmers‘ Loan and Trust Company. The lawsuit had been precipitated by the 1894 Income Tax Act. The Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision stated that a “direct tax” on the “income of real and of personal property” was “unconstitutional and void.”

When you strip everything away from all the hype you should realize that it is a virtual currency and if any regulation gets passed on it then it would apply to the millions of gamers in WOW, GW2 and other mmos who use virtual curency. There's been places like http://buy-wow-gold.com/ where people have been buying and selling those currencies for almost a decade. I'm sure we will find some great allies in the video game industry to lobby against any regulation or tax on cryptocurrencies as it will surely effect their bottom line.

Any coin that Goldman Sachs is involved in is toxic. Look at the what they did to the US economy and real estate market with the sub-prime mortgage industry.. These guys literally invented the adjustable rate sub-prime loan.. Made literally trillions of dollars by imploding the markets and getting carried on the back of the tax payers when shit went sour by design. So we can expect nothing less from any coin backed by these guys.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: