Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Nimbus Cloud Mining Service $40 a GH  (Read 9624 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:44:59 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 01:02:30 PM by Bicknellski

why can't bfl just be banned from this respectable board! why are these scammers and their products allowed here

It is up to us to point out their predatory nature not for the board to police it. Keep shouting and a few more new members might hear us and steer clear of them. Note that if you do you risk the personal attacks and slander machine that is BFL and it's shills. Be aware of that as you post against all that is unholy about BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/nimbus-mining.html

BFL has now started offering Cloud Mining for $40 a GH

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh
I'm trying not to laugh at your stupidity... BFL ain't selling this...

Next you'll be saying TigerDirect is a shill company for selling BFL products.......

Really?  For a genius you can't read to fucking well...  Here let me copy and paste from BFL's website for you so it's a little easier.

Purchase Terms:  NimbusMiner contracts are served by nimbusminer.com.  Butterfly Labs (BF Labs Inc.) acts as the hardware supplier and the retail sales agent for this mining contract product.  Support and service is provided by nimbusminer.com.  NimbusMiner hardware is provided from either off the shelf 65nm products or from NimbusMiner's own 28nm hardware as it comes into service from it's own pre-ordered purchases of Monarch chip production.

BF Labs is absolutely selling this and they spell it out in plain old English so even super intelligent people like yourself can understand it.
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:56:57 PM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

BFL ain't selling this?

Then why is it listed on the Products list on the BFL site?

Here is usually how a website works, when you have something to sell you usually list it on your website.

Now in the case of BFL I can see how you would be confused by this simple paradigm.

Because in Bizarro BFL world you may list things in the product section of your website that you have no intention of delivering anytime soon (months/years) so we will give you some latitude but you get none for your inability to actually READ the part where they say they are providing the hardware and THEY are selling the service.

You are truly the most moronic BFL Fanboi the world has ever seen!!

joeventura (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:05:49 PM

BFL Ain't selling this yet there it is in my cart

http://imgur.com/kZwZoDy

BCP maybe your sentence was too complex for me, maybe you should break it down for me, we can pretend its a Josh sentence and each word has hidden meaning.

When you say "BFL" who do you mean? We assume Butterflylabs.com

When you say "ain't" we assume Ain't is a contraction for "am not", "is not", "are not", "has not", and "have not" in the common English language vernacular. In some dialects ain't is also used as a contraction of "do not", "does not", and "did not

When you say "Selling" we assume : to exchange (something) for money, to make (something) available to be bought, to be able to be bought for a particular price.

When you say "this" we assume since you are posting in a thread about Nimbus mining we assume that this is the "this" you are referring to.

So where did we go wrong in what you said?

Oh and P.S. Tigerdirect is going to get a real education about BFL, Can't wait to watch that.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:16:02 PM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

Next you'll be saying TigerDirect is a shill company for selling BFL products.......

Really?  For a genius you can't read to fucking well...  Here let me copy and paste from BFL's website for you so it's a little easier.

Purchase Terms:  NimbusMiner contracts are served by nimbusminer.com.  Butterfly Labs (BF Labs Inc.) acts as the hardware supplier and the retail sales agent for this mining contract product.  Support and service is provided by nimbusminer.com.  NimbusMiner hardware is provided from either off the shelf 65nm products or from NimbusMiner's own 28nm hardware as it comes into service from it's own pre-ordered purchases of Monarch chip production.

BF Labs is absolutely selling this and they spell it out in plain old English so even super intelligent people like yourself can understand it.
ROFL, You highlighted it yourself: RETAIL AGENT.  BFL is doing for Nimbus what Tigerdirect is doing for BFL, acting as a go-between.  BFL didn't set the price, they are just advertising it, yet you and all the other fools are all like "BFL is so stupid for setting this price at 4x what the monarch pricing per GH is".

Contine to play your little word games, you trolls love to twist things that you don't understand.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:32:40 PM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

ROFL, You highlighted it yourself: RETAIL AGENT.  BFL is doing for Nimbus what Tigerdirect is doing for BFL, acting as a go-between.  BFL didn't set the price, they are just advertising it, yet you and all the other fools are all like "BFL is so stupid for setting this price at 4x what the monarch pricing per GH is".

Contine to play your little word games, you trolls love to twist things that you don't understand.

I'm still laughing at your stupidity! 

For someone with a self claimed IQ of 138 (IIRC), you sure have a poor grasp of comprehending written English.  Your posts and general contributions to this forum lead me to believe you're closer in intelligence level to say a retarded donkey than a normal human being let alone genius.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:46:36 PM

Have to love it.  I also saw their wallet when looking at their site the BTC  Wallet http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet/.  It is virus and trojan proof! Wont that wallet make you sleep sound.... Roll Eyes
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:55:22 PM

Have to love it.  I also saw their wallet when looking at their site the BTC  Wallet http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet/.  It is virus and trojan proof! Wont that wallet make you sleep sound.... Roll Eyes

Offline cold storage solution
Virus & Trojan proof
Redundant systems
Waterproof
Multi signature support

Someone needs to tell BFL what the word waterproof means.
Because if it's got a USB port in the bottom, it isn't waterproof.

Or in BCP terms

It ain't waterproof

bcp19

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:42:57 PM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

For someone with a self claimed IQ of 138 (IIRC), you sure have a poor grasp of comprehending written English.  Your posts and general contributions to this forum lead me to believe you're closer in intelligence level to say a retarded donkey than a normal human being let alone genius.
You don't remember correctly, but then again, I don't care.  Let me break this down into kindegarten for you:

1) BFL is not hosting said service
2) BFL is not setting the price on said service

If I were to use YOUR logic, then TigerDirect is owned by BFL since they are offering BFL products.  Or, conversely, BFL is owned by TigerDirect as TigerDirect is selling BFL products.  Have you seen the stupidity of your ways yet?  Nah, didn't think so.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

You don't remember correctly, but then again, I don't care.  Let me break this down into kindegarten for you:

If I were to use YOUR logic, then TigerDirect is owned by BFL since they are offering BFL products.  Or, conversely, BFL is owned by TigerDirect as TigerDirect is selling BFL products.  Have you seen the stupidity of your ways yet?  Nah, didn't think so.

Hey shit for brains feel free to highlight where I suggested, implied or said that BFL was hosting said service or that BFL was setting the price on said service.  I was simply correcting your lie when you said BFL was not SELLING it, which any non retarded person can clearly see they are.
bcp19

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:27:43 AM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

Hey shit for brains feel free to highlight where I suggested, implied or said that BFL was hosting said service or that BFL was setting the price on said service.  I was simply correcting your lie when you said BFL was not SELLING it, which any non retarded person can clearly see they are.
Dude, if you keep mistaking me for your brother, I may get offended.

It's obvious YOUR definition of this and mine differ, and the way you and the others in this thread go on, makes it sound like you hold BFL accountable for the pricing, etc.

Take a look:
There goes your Monarch's Pre-order money to fund their cloudhashing facility!!!

Wow, they will turn on mining for 4 times the price $40 vs $11 while customers wait for the monarchs are activated and the cheaper cloud mining is activated.  BFL is unscrupulous

So much for them promising to never do something like this.  They could've at least waited for a month or two after their customers Monarch's launched.

BFL has no soul.

This is NOT a BFL product for sale, therefore BFL is not selling it, Nimbus is, BFL is merely facilitating my purchase by acting as a go-between.

If I purchase an airline ticket through a travel agency, I am not buying FROM the agency, I am buying FROM the airline and they are merely facilitating it.  If the airline loses my baggage, I cannot go after the travel agency for it, it's the airlines fault.  Along those same lines, if Nimbus fails at their 'cloud hashing', you cannot hold BFL responsible for being the agent, the fault lies with Nimbus.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:22:16 AM

This is NOT a BFL product for sale

Correct.

therefore BFL is not selling it

Incorrect. BFL is obviously selling it, on their website, using their own shopping cart,  and the payment goes straight to BFL. By all definitions BFL is selling the product.

Buy & Hold
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:29:23 AM

So is this the company that put in the million dollar order a couple months back?
Ah, if so, then they will make their money back by selling shares (Gh/s) to utter suckers.

Brilliant...in a retard sort of way.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:08:28 AM

Who owns Nimbus?

Follow the money.

Time to rebrand I guess now BFL's name is mud right?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Kaega

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:40:31 AM

Offline cold storage solution
Virus & Trojan proof
Redundant systems
Waterproof
Multi signature support

Someone needs to tell BFL what the word waterproof means.
Because if it's got a USB port in the bottom, it isn't waterproof.

Or in BCP terms

It ain't waterproof

Weird.  My waterproof cameras say otherwise... though the usb isn't directly exposed.

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:02:34 AM

Who owns Nimbus?

Good question. Who is Nimbus?

http://www.nimbusmining.com/terms
NimbusMining LLC.
20201 E Country Club Drive, Suite 1502
Aventura, Florida 33180

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/NimbusMining/Page1
nada

No "NimbusMining LLC" registered in Florida.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20201-E-Country-Club-Dr-APT-1502-Aventura-FL-33180/64664531_zpid/

Million dollar condo. Nice. I guess that $40/gigahash business is paying off very well!

Buy & Hold
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:08:22 AM

Who owns Nimbus?

Good question. Who is Nimbus?

http://www.nimbusmining.com/terms
NimbusMining LLC.
20201 E Country Club Drive, Suite 1502
Aventura, Florida 33180

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/NimbusMining/Page1
nada

No "NimbusMining LLC" registered in Florida.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20201-E-Country-Club-Dr-APT-1502-Aventura-FL-33180/64664531_zpid/

Million dollar condo. Nice. I guess that $40/gigahash business is paying off very well!
Possibly a wealthy investor go suckered into Pre-ordering a ton of gear from BFL.  Then after "two more weeks" they threatened and the solution was to sell the hashing power for them as compensation.  That or one of the bfl principles or their pals are getting their monarchs ahead if everyone else and want to squeeze out as much profit as possible but can't sell them on the open market because otherwise people in line will realize monarchs are out but they still need to wait "two more weeks"

ndrmutz

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:18:42 AM

<sarc>I love the general idea of cloud mining.</sarc>

Let me see now... The customer is supposed to send them some money and then can login and watch some application that purports to be mining on their behalf.  The customer can withdraw their BTC as a matter of prudence, even if many of them will not.  As long as the inflow of new BTC is greater than the redemption, whoever the man behind the curtain is, he doesn't actually need to do any real mining.  Or perhaps he can fudge the numbers and "exaggerate" a bit.

Who is Nimbus?  What is their connection to BFL?  How can they assure anybody of the legitimacy of their mining operation?  How can we trust a business that depends upon timely delivery of BFL vaporware?  IMHO, this has Ponzi written all over it.
Techknowledgy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:12:42 AM

Possibly a wealthy investor go suckered into Pre-ordering a ton of gear from BFL.  Then after "two more weeks" they threatened and the solution was to sell the hashing power for them as compensation.  That or one of the bfl principles or their pals are getting their monarchs ahead if everyone else and want to squeeze out as much profit as possible but can't sell them on the open market because otherwise people in line will realize monarchs are out but they still need to wait "two more weeks"

These aren't based off the Monarch line of 28nm, if their website is to be believed. These are listed under the 65nm section which means someone in Florida probably bought all or most of the leftover 65nm line of chips off of BFL. Now, the question you should be asking is: Who is based in Florida who has a cozy relationship with BFL, so much so that BFL is selling their product for them? I know the answer, but I'll let someone else figure that one out. I think Syke will connect the dots. Or maybe PG...
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:26:25 AM

Talk among yourselves.

Try not to laugh

Dude, if you keep mistaking me for your brother, I may get offended.

It's obvious YOUR definition of this and mine differ, and the way you and the others in this thread go on, makes it sound like you hold BFL accountable for the pricing, etc.

Take a look:
There goes your Monarch's Pre-order money to fund their cloudhashing facility!!!

Wow, they will turn on mining for 4 times the price $40 vs $11 while customers wait for the monarchs are activated and the cheaper cloud mining is activated.  BFL is unscrupulous

So much for them promising to never do something like this.  They could've at least waited for a month or two after their customers Monarch's launched.

BFL has no soul.

This is NOT a BFL product for sale, therefore BFL is not selling it, Nimbus is, BFL is merely facilitating my purchase by acting as a go-between.

If I purchase an airline ticket through a travel agency, I am not buying FROM the agency, I am buying FROM the airline and they are merely facilitating it.  If the airline loses my baggage, I cannot go after the travel agency for it, it's the airlines fault.  Along those same lines, if Nimbus fails at their 'cloud hashing', you cannot hold BFL responsible for being the agent, the fault lies with Nimbus.

Guys, check out the sweet GPU I just bought directly from Sapphire.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202080

Amazing card. But I think I might send it directly back to sapphire to exchange it for the 290x. Although, I fear the package may have been lost in shipping, so I will be contacting Sapphire directly to replace the package that didn't arrive.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/support/?cid=2&psn=000202&lid=1

Question: Can I order directly from Sapphire? Are you an end-user?
Answer: Unfortunately there is no possibility for end user to order directly at Sapphire Technology. Please contact a online retailer/distributor. You can find a range of retailers here.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: