Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call to the Community - Do not invest in Ethereum's IPO  (Read 4289 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:31:09 AM

Alright, this post will fall on some deaf ears but i felt the need to write this.

Satoshi created Bitcoins to be decentralized monetary system; not controlled anyone but the masses. That is the principal philosophy behind crypto-currencies.
We the people, have the power. Not governments, not big corporations or money hungry basterds.

As many of you heard, Ethereum was funded by goldman.

This is a defining point in crypto-currencies. If ETH gets funded and momentum builds, there should be cause for concern. Goldman's brothers and sisters will see the same opportunity and will start creating their own centralized monetary systems.

There will be a time when governments create their own digital currencies, and they will be controlled.. widely accepted too. We need to draw a line and consider these billion if not trillion dollar corporations trying to grab a major share in this game.

I'm not saying not to invest, you can do whatever you want. But, just think about the consequences for the future of currencies.

After all, you are getting peanuts from their IPO. You will not make a nice return like, Nxt, MSC or any other IPO so far. Your investment will essentially be degraded over time.
BFRJK

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:35:40 AM

Agreed.
Don't support humanity criminals!
utility44

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:54:48 AM

This is actually false, I just watched the video he said he has people who work for goldman sachs not goldman sachs investing in it.

Just my two cents about ethereum, no one that matters in the bitcoin community cares about what Charles Hoskinson is doing. He is a real life troll, he is a con-artist, who thinks if he speaks enough times people will believe him or follow him. He started with education and tried to raise money for that and it failed. Then he would harass people on pm for donations.

As for Ethereum, it will fail as well, it has no real concept. Or great I can embed my code into a blockchain and do something, UHMMM bitcoin already does this.

Hi,

do you have the link to the video?

wanna watch it and have my own opinion lol

Utility
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

This is actually false, I just watched the video he said he has people who work for goldman sachs not goldman sachs investing in it.

Just my two cents about ethereum, no one that matters in the bitcoin community cares about what Charles Hoskinson is doing. He is a real life troll, he is a con-artist, who thinks if he speaks enough times people will believe him or follow him. He started with education and tried to raise money for that and it failed. Then he would harass people on pm for donations.

As for Ethereum, it will fail as well, it has no real concept. Or great I can embed my code into a blockchain and do something, UHMMM bitcoin already does this.

be wary of "work for" and "investing".  I do not promote who I do programming for.  After all I'm contributing to the open source community.  If they are advertising they are par tof Goldman Sachs then there is some grey area they are trying to harness for their own purposes (Goldman Sachs).  It wouldn't be the first time GS tried to gain something under the guise of an innocent subsidiary, "employee of" situation,

I won't trust this as far as I trust Ripple.  GS is trying to take control of cryptocurrency.  Stay far way from this.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:49:31 PM

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/04/economist-explains-what-streisand-effect

Named after the American singer and actress Barbra Streisand, the Streisand Effect describes how efforts to suppress a juicy piece of online information can backfire and end up making things worse for the would-be censor. Ms Streisand inadvertently gave her name to the phenomenon in 2003, when she sued the California Coastal Records Project, which maintains an online photographic archive of almost the entire California coastline, on the grounds that its pictures included shots of her cliffside Malibu mansion, and thus invaded her privacy.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

>Do not invest in Ethereum's IPO
>I'm not saying not to invest

Confused bro. Huh
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 07:10:27 AM

Thanks for the FUD. https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/#/ 25,000 people would disagree with you about the education project and we have a new content line coming out soon. BTW, that course is free and released under a creative commons license. I'm sorry that you feel education isn't a priority in this community.

And thanks for calling me a con artist. Thus far every venture I'm been involved in has been profitable for its investors and contributed to this community. What have you done?

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:37:13 AM

Thanks for the FUD. https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/#/ 25,000 people would disagree with you about the education project and we have a new content line coming out soon. BTW, that course is free and released under a creative commons license. I'm sorry that you feel education isn't a priority in this community.

And thanks for calling me a con artist. Thus far every venture I'm been involved in has been profitable for its investors and contributed to this community. What have you done?

The problem can be fixed very easily. But, if you and your brothers and sisters choose to be greedy whores through the ETH IPO, then get ready to face the facts and truth that many of us have brought to light.

It doesn't take a moron to see that the ETH team doesn't care or have any intention of listening to the community of alt-currencies. The lack of PR or any moderation on the original post clearly supports this.

I hope ETH dies hard, so when the next whore comes around he will think twice before posting a bullshit IPO.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 09:20:30 PM

I read somewhere that Ethereum is written in Java

As I understand it, JPMogan only uses Java internally.

I know its a very weak connection, but if we are looking at big banks getting into crypto, this is one way thing to look at!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
samesstee

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:31:41 PM

I know its a very weak connection, but if we are looking at big banks getting into crypto, this is one way thing to look at!

NXT is also Java thats exactly why I want nothing to do with it.

If you want to learn about a new system doing all the exciting bits that Ethereum is claiming WITHOUT any bankers or 'IPOs' check out twister P2P
Eex77

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:34:51 PM

1. He has people who WERE with Goldman Sachs

2. If a big bank can make a better, and more innovative coin then they have the full right to do so.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:35:51 PM

That is a very weak connection. There are a lot of things written in Java. Such as Android phone and apps.  Tongue
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:37:03 PM

1. He has people who WERE with Goldman Sachs

2. If a big bank can make a better, and more innovative coin then they have the full right to do so.

But the revolution of crypto currency is to avoid the need to have a central bank or banking institute controlling them.
malefice

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:15:14 PM

That is a very weak connection. There are a lot of things written in Java. Such as Android phone and apps.  Tongue

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes Huh Tongue Cry Kiss

You guys made me smile and feel sad at the same time   Shocked
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:22:56 AM

22 July to 5 August 2014:     2000 ETH      = 1 BTC = 572-632 USD
6 August to 2 September 2014: 1999-1337 ETH = 1 BTC = 592-471 USD

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: