Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New profit-switching mining pool with nightly bonus payout-- CoinSolver.com  (Read 23369 times)
vtminer (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:29:57 PM

So, I'll chime in on a few of the recent posts/questions...

We seem to always be mining coin X.  The way this is shown on the website is a bit misleading currently, and is scheduled for an update.  This is because we mine multiple coins at the same time, but the "currently mining" box can only show one.  So, while we've actually been mining coin X, its not the only one.  (And you'd think we have an agenda seeing as the website always displays either DOPE or POT coins.)  So, for the time being, you can check out the coins page to see all the coins being mined at any given time (highlighted in green).  Our API will also be exposing a getpoolstats method which will show the specific coins being mined, as well as the percentage hashrate being directed to them.

Yes, our payout rate yesterday appeared to be about .004, which certainly isn't ideal, but it was about the same as the other major switching pools.  Almost exactly the same as clever, waffle, etc, actually.  So I'm not sure why there are statements like 'other pools are doing better than us'.  Further to this, we (unfortunately) had a bit of a clerical slipup yesterday which caused us to mine SPA coin when we intended to remove it (due to its hard fork switching to scrypt-n).  Had this error not occurred, I suspect we would have done a far sight better.
As I've said before, we're working on providing a running list of daily profitability for ease of comparison.  This is a high priority for me, as it will help clarify some concerns and conversations out there.  Its taken longer than hoped due to recent events, so to help give a bit of data to work with, I did post the past few days performance on our site.

Finally, to answer iru786's question, yes we pay old balances after there has been no activity for a while.  However, we also are happy to make payments upon request.  Ideally we would like to have a 'pay me now' button on the website, but with the chance for abuse, especially given the recent spike in unfriendly traffic, we've yet been able to come up with a comfortable way to achieve this.  I'm certainly open to suggestions on this topic, btw.

JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:50:59 PM

Vt thank you for that Info..  Its amazing what a little communication can do..  Lack of it, is one reason I left MiddleCoin..     Hint Hint..  (keep the Info coming please.. Even if its just once or twice a week.  Always good to hear whats going on)

I plan to stay here for a while and see how things go..     Although with the price of LTC going up a bit and the LTC Diff coming down a Bit, that is becoming tempting..  Is LTC one of our mined coins on here?   I would hope so..   At work and can’t go look right now..

Thanks!
vtminer (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:50:45 PM

JHammer- thanks and we're glad to have you.  I definitely will try to be a bit more talkative around here, but I also tend to hang out a bit more often in IRC, if you're looking to get me quickly.  As for LTC, its in our lineup, so we would mine it given the right circumstances (pool hashpower is a limiting factor currently). 

Cheers!
JHammer

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:31:16 PM

Whats going on?Huh  Your Pool and front end are down?Huh

zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:04:46 AM

seems to be up now? i was gone
JHammer

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:52:52 AM

Yes..  Looks like it was down just a few min..  But the issue is when this happens it goes to my fail overs..  If I would not of looked, I would have been mining somewhere else and not even known..  I need to look into my CGWatcher as I have heard you can set emails to your self when events happen to alert you..
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:23:32 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 09:23:55 AM by gtraah

Yes..  Looks like it was down just a few min..  But the issue is when this happens it goes to my fail overs..  If I would not of looked, I would have been mining somewhere else and not even known..  I need to look into my CGWatcher as I have heard you can set emails to your self when events happen to alert you..

I have heard there has been some downtime here, a multipool comparisons page did not want to compare it as it was not stable , Well He did try it for a short time but was not stable so dropped the tests. WHat's the go here now? I wouldn't mind giving it a go but If I look up at some recent posts , I can still see people talking about down time.
zneww

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:06:47 AM

Yes, but it is only small downtime, most has been malicious. If you read it has been explained. Also, profits are still the same as other pools. Wafflepool was down for like a whole day? lol..

What's it to you?
gtraah

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:32:29 AM

Yes, but it is only small downtime, most has been malicious. If you read it has been explained. Also, profits are still the same as other pools. Wafflepool was down for like a whole day? lol..

What's it to you?

Well I decided to start pointing some hash here and I want to ask some experienced people, is that a problem?

waffle has actually been up more than 24 hrs now but profits are lower than other pools I moved from there now... Clevermining has actually been good last few days, I decided to give this ago for 24 hours or more...

in the last few days what has been the average mh/btc , I really like the interface here...

One things I noticed is the front page says we are mining ****** Coin and when I look into my user stats it says I am mining Another coin.. and Mh/BTC is more in my user stats.
gtraah

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:05:03 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 09:25:06 AM by gtraah

What's it to you?

Well I decided to start pointing some hash here and I want to ask some experienced people, is that a problem?

waffle has actually been up more than 24 hrs now but profits are lower than other pools I moved from there now... Clevermining has actually been good last few days, I decided to give this ago for 24 hours or more...

in the last few days what has been the average mh/btc , I really like the interface here...

One things I noticed is the front page says we are mining ****** Coin and when I look into my user stats it says I am mining Another coin.. and Mh/BTC is more in my user stats.

Wow, within the first 2 hours of pointing my hash here already a disconnect... I see why this is hard to be placed on the comparisons list. It is a shame as I was actually starting to like this
zneww

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:38:07 AM

Please read the posts above you. Everything you say is already been said.
JHammer

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:43:37 AM

My Hash rates showing about 30% to 40% low on Pool User Stats page but then I log in and check my miners they look fine?

iru786

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:51:49 AM

So, I'll chime in on a few of the recent posts/questions...

We seem to always be mining coin X.  The way this is shown on the website is a bit misleading currently, and is scheduled for an update.  This is because we mine multiple coins at the same time, but the "currently mining" box can only show one.  So, while we've actually been mining coin X, its not the only one.  (And you'd think we have an agenda seeing as the website always displays either DOPE or POT coins.)  So, for the time being, you can check out the coins page to see all the coins being mined at any given time (highlighted in green).  Our API will also be exposing a getpoolstats method which will show the specific coins being mined, as well as the percentage hashrate being directed to them.

Yes, our payout rate yesterday appeared to be about .004, which certainly isn't ideal, but it was about the same as the other major switching pools.  Almost exactly the same as clever, waffle, etc, actually.  So I'm not sure why there are statements like 'other pools are doing better than us'.  Further to this, we (unfortunately) had a bit of a clerical slipup yesterday which caused us to mine SPA coin when we intended to remove it (due to its hard fork switching to scrypt-n).  Had this error not occurred, I suspect we would have done a far sight better.
As I've said before, we're working on providing a running list of daily profitability for ease of comparison.  This is a high priority for me, as it will help clarify some concerns and conversations out there.  Its taken longer than hoped due to recent events, so to help give a bit of data to work with, I did post the past few days performance on our site.

Finally, to answer iru786's question, yes we pay old balances after there has been no activity for a while.  However, we also are happy to make payments upon request.  Ideally we would like to have a 'pay me now' button on the website, but with the chance for abuse, especially given the recent spike in unfriendly traffic, we've yet been able to come up with a comfortable way to achieve this.  I'm certainly open to suggestions on this topic, btw.

Hi Mate,
Thanks for answering my question. I have sent you a PM requesting a manual payment for the address i was mining with.

Thanks
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:11:33 PM

You could require a signed message to confirm the ownership of the address. Wouldn't work with exchanges or other shared wallets, but anyone who's using that for pool earnings is asking for trouble anyway.

You could also restrict manual withdrawals to once every 24-48 hours, this would not prevent abuse but would at least limit damage.
zneww

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:17:12 PM

Finally, to answer iru786's question, yes we pay old balances after there has been no activity for a while.  However, we also are happy to make payments upon request.  Ideally we would like to have a 'pay me now' button on the website, but with the chance for abuse, especially given the recent spike in unfriendly traffic, we've yet been able to come up with a comfortable way to achieve this.  I'm certainly open to suggestions on this topic, btw.

You could require a signed message to confirm the ownership of the address. Wouldn't work with exchanges or other shared wallets, but anyone who's using that for pool earnings is asking for trouble anyway.

You could also restrict manual withdrawals to once every 24-48 hours, this would not prevent abuse but would at least limit damage.

That is a good idea. I like it.

My Hash rates showing about 30% to 40% low on Pool User Stats page but then I log in and check my miners they look fine?

The hashrate goes off the shares you submitted the last 10 minutes I think...but the graphs have always been a wee bit off. Check the hashrate in the big graph and see if its normal.
JHammer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

Ok Guys..   My hash rates on here are now 50% to 60% lower then the WU reported in my cgminer...

I am not sure if this pool is under attack or what but something is wrong.

zneww

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

Ok Guys..   My hash rates on here are now 50% to 60% lower then the WU reported in my cgminer...

Well, I do not think the pool is under attack. However, the hash rates are reported by the shares submitted every 10 minutes or so I think VT said. VT has told me that the stats are pretty finicky, so idk if I would go whole hardheartedly believing them.

Does the graph where your hashrate is blue correspond with your actually hash?
JHammer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:09:38 AM

Well, I do not think the pool is under attack. However, the hash rates are reported by the shares submitted every 10 minutes or so I think VT said. VT has told me that the stats are pretty finicky, so idk if I would go whole hardheartedly believing them.

Does the graph where your hashrate is blue correspond with your actually hash?

Yes..  That is what is really worry me..  The blue Graph matches what the hash rate is showing..  The blue line is WAY down and for several hrs now..   I have been here going on 4 days and this is the first time I have seen it do this...   
divxrullz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:59:31 AM

look like - big waste of time
JHammer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:32:51 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 08:47:56 PM by JHammer

We can only vote with our hash rate but I left after last nights issues and no word form anyone..  Will keep an eye on this pool and if things improve would come back at some point..  I tend to switch pools about once a week anyway these days..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: