Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:01:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New profit-switching mining pool with nightly bonus payout-- CoinSolver.com  (Read 23369 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

Is it possible to make threshold payout at least 0.005? Not 0,001. Miners with slow equipment lose about 10% because of payment fee 0.0001 BTC.

Is coinsolver really charging everyone 0.0001 BTC? Normally pools would send out payouts in one big transaction, which would on average cost a lot less than 0.0001 for each user, and it's typically covered by the pool fees anyway.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:22:46 AM

can anyone provide info on comparison of mining scrypt to scrypt-n?  looking for btc per mh/s #'s

thx

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
tammuz

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

La Liberté guidant le peuple

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:34:48 PM

Is coinsolver really charging everyone 0.0001 BTC? Normally pools would send out payouts in one big transaction, which would on average cost a lot less than 0.0001 for each user, and it's typically covered by the pool fees anyway.
According stats - yes (see the pic below)

At 12:40 am BTC Balance was 0,001171743 (on the pictire combined and btc balance in the same point). But withdraw amount only 0,001071743 (same amount appeared in my wallet), so fee is 0,0001.

Also on April 29 I got only 0,000922303, but threshold is 0,001. It means that 0,0001 was subtracted.

So, what do we have: If I will have five withdraws, I will have about 0,005 earnings and I will pay 5x0,0001 = 0,0005 fee (10%)
If threshold will be 0,005 I will pay 0,0001 fee (2%).

Conclusion: slow miners lose about 10% of their earnings. Only high-powered miners can earn a lot of BTC during the day and this fee for them just a small percent.

Is it possible increase threshold or combine several withdraw transactions? (or maybe something else)

P.S. sorry for my English, my native language is Russian
tammuz

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:44:56 PM

Normally pools would send out payouts in one big transaction, which would on average cost a lot less than 0.0001 for each user, and it's typically covered by the pool fees anyway.
P.P.S. No, they don't combine (see pic)

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:35:09 PM

Ok, I agree, that's ridiculous and needs fixing. I don't see anything about it in the FAQ either: http://coinsolver.com/faq.php

Here is how a normal pool payout should look like:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f4cd8f146b44ecbe70df93641cb0b71ef783dbaf0b6c37b036c9e8f77d161c2e

You can see a bunch of small payments too, but the fee is 0.0014 for 2 BTC (0.07%), and is paid the pool, not the recipient(s).

zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:43:27 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 09:18:54 PM by zneww

Ok, I agree, that's ridiculous and needs fixing. I don't see anything about it in the FAQ either: http://coinsolver.com/faq.php

Here is how a normal pool payout should look like:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f4cd8f146b44ecbe70df93641cb0b71ef783dbaf0b6c37b036c9e8f77d161c2e

You can see a bunch of small payments too, but the fee is 0.0014 for 2 BTC (0.07%), and is paid the pool, not the recipient(s).

EDIT: Wrong
vtminer (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:51:11 PM

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to jump in here to clarify things a bit...  you're right, that transaction fee is ridiculous.  However, its not by design.  It would appear that you have discovered a bug in the payout system.  The nightly payments were incorrectly being sent individually instead of in a batch, increasing the transaction fees, and deducting them from the payments.  The way its supposed to work is that payments are sent in batches, and the pool absorbs the fees.  I will get this corrected asap, sorry for the mistake.

So with that understood, zneww is correct, I lowered the payout threshold to .001 to help the slower miners out.  Once this bug is fixed, is it safe to assume the lower payout threshold is a non-issue for folks?

zneww

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:14:59 AM

I would love to see some input on reddit about this topic, I know VT is always up for ideas, and no one better to get it from then the customers. Thanks guys! Cheesy

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinSolver/comments/24l82w/what_do_you_guys_want/
tammuz

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:11:30 AM

I will get this corrected asap, sorry for the mistake.
Will await eagerly )
DarkAGeS

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

do you know about scrypt-n merged mining?
monocle - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=585817.0
parallax - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583660.0
this can boost profit greatly - use it admins Smiley
zneww

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

do you know about scrypt-n merged mining?
monocle - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=585817.0
parallax - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583660.0
this can boost profit greatly - use it admins Smiley

Good info!
DarkAGeS

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:59:58 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 08:28:59 AM by DarkAGeS

I see that Coinsolver mining ParallaxCoin now - is it merge-mining with other coin or what?.. The profit must be doubled with merge-mining.
Multipools can now say that they mine EXE for example, but in same time they mine Parallax or Monocle and have all profit from parallel mining for themselfs.
Or vice versa - they shows PLX mining, but they mining it through EXE blockchain.
And users can not verify that! So if multipools do not say explicitly about that - we should think they are cheating us guys!

update:
as long as there is no answer from VT I'm merge-mining exe/plx, couse it much more profitable anyway
carrotX

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:01:50 AM

I see that Coinsolver mining ParallaxCoin now - is it merge-mining with other coin or what?.. The profit must be doubled with merge-mining.
Multipools can now say that they mine EXE for example, but in same time they mine Parallax or Monocle and have all profit from parallel mining for themselfs.
Or vice versa - they shows PLX mining, but they mining it through EXE blockchain.
And users can not verify that! So if multipools do not say explicitly about that - we should think they are cheating us guys!

Hi, It is not very nice to be so fast on the gun and start accusing straight away. ;-)
You have been nice to point out the option to merged mining and yesterday, less than 12 hours ago I had a talk with coinSolver about this, the operator managed to start implementing this (this is what is suspect since PLX was not mined before at coinsolver).

I don't know the status of this, I don't know if it is relay merget at this point. But for sure i don't think that the OP had time to update the web page to reflect what is going on.

Can we give the OP at least one day to update the web and to publish some info about that?

The mining of PLX started 3 hours ago and so far we only have immature coins according to the stats on coinsolver
DarkAGeS

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:06:19 AM

Can we give the OP at least one day to update the web and to publish some info about that?

of couse, but as I've sad, as long as there is no explicit information about status of merged-mining at Coinsolver, I prefer to merge-mine myself exe/plx
Nothing personal, just business Wink
But good to know that VT working on that Smiley
zneww

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:07:31 AM

Not everyone cheats darkages....sheesh..

Not sure if its merged or not. But I wouldn't worry about it either. VT is getting shit done, and we've talked to him. He is busy so i could care less if he posts in here.

Plus, everyone here is a savage so I wouldnt come on here much if I were him. most of you guys don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
vtminer (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:39:17 PM

Hi Folks,

Sorry about the intermittent responses, but as zneww says, I've been/am pretty busy these days.  But, let me set the record straight on a couple things:

1. No, I'm not secretly stealing any coins via merged mining, or any other fantastical ploy.
2. Yes, I setup ParallaxCoin yesterday, but no, it isn't currently doing merged mining yet.

In fact I added PLX mostly so I could study the requirements for merged mining on our backend and codebase, which appear to be non-trivial.  Not that merged mining PLX/EXE would currently amount to a windfall for the pool in itself, but the idea is intriguing, and I will continue to tinker with it to see if its something that can be added.  When and if I do add it, I will certainly announce it publicly (from the deck of my yacht, purchased with stolen merge-mined coins, of course).

I also wanted to loop back to another issue brought here recently, specifically the BTC transaction fee bug.  This issue has now been fixed, and users should no longer see transaction fees in their payouts (the pool now correctly covers these)
zneww

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:05:29 AM

Hi Folks,

Sorry about the intermittent responses, but as zneww says, I've been/am pretty busy these days.  But, let me set the record straight on a couple things:

1. No, I'm not secretly stealing any coins via merged mining, or any other fantastical ploy.
2. Yes, I setup ParallaxCoin yesterday, but no, it isn't currently doing merged mining yet.

In fact I added PLX mostly so I could study the requirements for merged mining on our backend and codebase, which appear to be non-trivial.  Not that merged mining PLX/EXE would currently amount to a windfall for the pool in itself, but the idea is intriguing, and I will continue to tinker with it to see if its something that can be added.  When and if I do add it, I will certainly announce it publicly (from the deck of my yacht, purchased with stolen merge-mined coins, of course).

I also wanted to loop back to another issue brought here recently, specifically the BTC transaction fee bug.  This issue has now been fixed, and users should no longer see transaction fees in their payouts (the pool now correctly covers these)

1. Are you positive?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

hahahaha thx for the work VT
DarkAGeS

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:33:01 PM

wow, ther is now possible to tripple merge-mining VTC/PLX/MON
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/24vpgf/how_to_mine_vtcmonplx_all_3_simultaneously/
that pool can do it - simplevert.com
I'm mining with all my power Wink
zneww

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:52:34 PM

wow, ther is now possible to tripple merge-mining VTC/PLX/MON
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/24vpgf/how_to_mine_vtcmonplx_all_3_simultaneously/
that pool can do it - simplevert.com
I'm mining with all my power Wink

Interesting. Not what CoinSolver was made for...and it's difficult, like VT has said. He has his own custom stratum. You cannot just say "Oh i want to merge mine" doesnt work like that
Fizikal

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:03:54 AM

VT... What haaappened today? Did the exchange take a dump before coins were exchanged? By the looks of the charts, that's what it appears to be. Lost all of a day's profits. Back at square one now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: